RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-31-06, 08:22 PM   #16
Texxus
The Rise

IP: 42AC 1313

^finally someone said it...yall all know you would love to be living wealthy and famous...like everytime you step out a camera flashs...dont lie and say b/c its for the love...we know on ya mind its ya wondering how much money ya getting.and the exposure you will get.so you can go to school or hoemtown and brag
Old 01-31-06, 08:24 PM   #17
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 8304 0273

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony.Self
indie can make u more money than some large lables they pay moreper cd with out the middle shit its just alot tougher to get ya name out but cats like royce 5.9 is bankin hard change CHA CHING

exactly.

fuck majour labels.... they fuck u over, ive seen it happen so many times... you dont realise how much cost, they give u a budget to use, u have to make enough to pay it back aswell as make profit yourself and pay for all the other shit that needs paying for.... its much harder.

the indie lable putting my CD out for me, give me a percentage of my CD's which if i sell them all, ill make a nice little earner, they keep a percentage to sell themselves in order to make the money and hopefully make a profit for themselves... thats it, no extra costs, much easier that way and alot safer, signing to a big label you may aswell sign your life away unless you can guarantee yourself that you will make it big, unless you know 200% youll blow up, its not worth it.
Old 01-31-06, 08:26 PM   #18
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

IP: B883 0CC4

I remember when i got signed once... Those were the days, those were the days.

Merciless Cult.
Send a message via AIM to Incineratedrose   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-06, 08:28 PM   #19
leady
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken`Pho
^finally someone said it...yall all know you would love to be living wealthy and famous...like everytime you step out a camera flashs...dont lie and say b/c its for the love...we know on ya mind its ya wondering how much money ya getting.and the exposure you will get.so you can go to school or hoemtown and brag

im not really in it for that.

and honestly, id hate that, paparazzi following me everywhere watching everything i do, getting next to know privacy, worrying what i do and dont do in fear of ruining my career/reputation, it has more downs than ups.

music for me is a hobby, and im happy doing it and just making a little bit of extra cash one the side of my main job doing it, im not bothered if i blow up or not, im just pushing my music out and willbe happy with however far i can take it.

and being rich would be boring as shit.... think about it, you can afford and probs will have everything you could dream of, meaning youd having nothing to dream of, no inspiration or motivation to do something for an achievement, cos youd have it all, and life is made up of dreams... seriously, its not all what its cracked up to be.
Old 01-31-06, 09:59 PM   #20
Mc Wicked
Flyweight

IP: 4B18 4765

U got to about the money some what... I mean I love rap and everything about it but I got a familly to take care of so if I aint about making some money then im wasting my time and money
Old 01-31-06, 10:04 PM   #21
leady
Addicted

^^again not really.

my new job will pay may about 18-20 thousand a year(us $.. roughly exchanged from british currency).

ill be performing again within the next month n making like just short of $200 per performance i do, aswell as selling my CD's which is looking at a possible $3,000 extra, aswell the odd nights i DJ here and there and when shit gets abit better im gonna be hosting my own night in my city and the next city which will bring atleast an extra thousand.

so its not about the money i dont need it, i do what i do cos i enjoy it, if i can earn enough to quit all i do and live as nice, then sure thing, if not, then cool still, either way im doing what i love doing.
Old 01-31-06, 11:10 PM   #22
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 819D 3297

Indie heads can be real hippocritical at times too.. They say they stay indie cause they dont give a fuck about money..

Then they'll talk about how they make more money per cd and they "dont wanna get with a label cause the label fucks around with their earnings"....

Bah....
Send a message via MSN to La Cosa Nostra   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-06, 11:16 PM   #23
leady
Addicted

i know where ur comin from nos.

but look at it this way.

chances are on indie labels, u sell less due to less promotion(depending on the funds available really)... but u get more per CD.

but the different between indie and majour labels is... if you dont meet the required minimu, you loose everything, contract, money, house, car everything u bought from money u got from the contract and whatever else u done in order for them to get the money back... its a big risk.

but also they make it out like ur gonna make this n make that, but make it hard to understand exactly how many costs will be taken from ur money... on an indie label, i probs wont make enough to be rich, but puttin the work in, i can definately make enough to live happily off of.
Old 01-31-06, 11:18 PM   #24
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 3053 F660

i still do it for the money....

fuck hip hop
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-06, 11:19 PM   #25
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: 1A46 2126

Fuck doing it for the love, and for the money, do it for the groupies, THE GROUPIES!

Word, this is my intelligent post on the day, -_-, carry on gentleman..
Old 01-31-06, 11:21 PM   #26
leady
Addicted

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTR
Fuck doing it for the love, and for the money, do it for the groupies, THE GROUPIES!

Word, this is my intelligent post on the day, -_-, carry on gentleman..

i agree.... groupies = better than the rest haha
Old 01-31-06, 11:23 PM   #27
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 819D 3297

But thats just the thing.. You put extremily hard work in.. Meet their deadlines and take the risks..

People never get anywhere without taking atleast SOME risks in their careers.. Thats how things work.. And the upside is, that after your first cd or two.. Its not you whos working for the labels.. Its the labels that are working for you...

If you can literally blow up off their promotion, then you will become a figure head and YOU will be the one taking THEM up with you... Not the other way around.... Thats when you can win back your control.. Its like any career, you start off small and take risks, and eventually if you are good enough.. Things will pay off...

The problem with rappers is they want everything to come at once and they wanna be lazy cunts who just make music and lead more simple lives..... And THATS why not everyone is cut out for the music industry.. And thats another reason why so many underground nerds complain.. Cause they literally dont have what it takes...
Send a message via MSN to La Cosa Nostra   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-06, 11:32 PM   #28
leady
Addicted

im willing to put in the work, but after seeing whats happened to some heads that have signed with majour labels before and failed it really made me question "is it worth it??", i mean once i get my cd finished i know im looking to perform atleast once a week, keep dropping on radios n mixtapes, ive got a few interviews lined up for when the cd is ready n shit like that... im willing to put my work in, but im not willing to let some dick fuck me about and 90% of my money that I did all the work to make.
Old 02-01-06, 12:38 AM   #29
Spektikul
The Original Half Ass King

Text Record: 36-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 7C6D 1B8D

To be honest I was bored today and heard some shit on the news and was like blahhh, lets post a thread.

Do whatever you want, lol.

I aint no rapper so I could care less.

Nos on the other hand, I actually envy him to get signed and hop on the coolness band-wagon.

*Waits for a Nostrodamus music video on TV*
Old 02-01-06, 12:40 AM   #30
Spektikul
The Original Half Ass King

Text Record: 36-0
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 7C6D 1B8D

Furthermore...

..word up to JTR for making me scream "BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA" outloud once again.