RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-04, 02:26 PM   #16
Daz
So Tired Of It.

IP: 4577 CD9A

i dont think it could happen...people would slaughter us...

Best Topical League On The Net:
The Lyceum

$400 IN CASH PRIZES!!!!

The Prizes:

1st Place: $250 and 2 round bye next season
2nd Place: $75 and 1 round bye next season
3rd Place: $25 and 5 votes next season
Best Record: $25 and 5 votes next season
Best Verse: $25 and 5 votes next season

Don't miss out on your chance to win big amounts of real cash! Just contact Celestial for more info!

</center>
Send a message via ICQ to Daz Send a message via AIM to Daz Send a message via MSN to Daz Send a message via Yahoo to Daz   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-04, 02:45 PM   #17
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

Text Record: 1-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: F005 00C3

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfrican
I hate to say it but you are as far from wrong as possible:

2. You don't have to be born in this country to become president, just a citizen for like ten or fifteen years or something like that...

Son, as the constituiton stipulates today, only a citizen by brith right can run for the most powerful public office, the Presidency. It is illegal and unconstituional as of today, for a naturlized citizen to be elected President of the United States. This may one day be amended but as it reads today, you are completly wrong. Just thought I'd point that out to you...

Quote:
and to be completely blunt, if you think there will be a black, asian, female, hispanic, gay/lesbian, jewish, or middle eastern president in our, our children, even our grandchildren's lives, you are extremely delusional...

Now I am delusional according to you. In contrast to your view, more than 80 percent of Americans expect to see a woman and or a man of color in Office within thier life time. The President of the U.N. is a black man, Kofi Anan although politicaly I disagree with just about everything this man say's, I respect his role as leader of the UN. I really think that your view is way off base, and it's you who are delusional. The world save a few liberal labeled "rouge states" look to this international body to solve every diplomatic, military and world crisis, yet a black man holds it's presidency. I think presidence has been set world wide, so it is more than reasonalbe to expect to see a change of face in D.C., within our life time. The rest of the world and mainstream America in your opinion must be delusional, I really doubt that!

Last edited by bouncedoggydog : 02-05-04 at 02:49 PM.
Old 02-05-04, 02:50 PM   #18
Yu Bin SunD
The Moderatin Pooch

Text Record: 18-3
IP: E428 50FB

a black pres would be nice but not al sharpton
Send a message via AIM to Yu Bin SunD   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-04, 03:17 PM   #19
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

^ Al sharpton is actually damaging the chances of a qualified black or any other minority canidate. Politically, he's an idiot, I mean I'd take him on any day of the week in a debate of the issue's. He has demonstated lack of self control and the use of fictious data pulled out of the air durring debates. He misrepresented facts on gun control and then after being questioned about it, he changed face. I hope he doesn't paint the wrong image for those black Americans who actually stand a chance in the Shark infested poltcal waters of Washington...
Old 02-05-04, 03:23 PM   #20
C-Section

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 872B E5DF

how come nobody ever talks about other races

everything is always "white keeping blacks out of something" but what about latinos, asians, native americans, and all the other races?

we have never had a president, we dont have sports owners/coaches, quarterbacks, but we dont go all over the news bitching about it.

people doing that shit, are part of the reason racisum is still alive. they call everyone racist but they are racist themselfs for making everything a racial issue.

and dont give me bullshit about blacks went threw slavery so they are diffrent.

what about latnios? we are still treaded like shit, we still have people working is sweat shops, picking cotton working in the fields, digging ditches, doing hard laber for less then minimum wage. we dont cry about racisum for every little thing, even though we are treated just as bad as the black people and we still get kicked out of the country, people are always talking about blacks making up most the prison population, when latinos are just as bad, but nobody seems to give a shit about us.

what about native americans? they had it worse before african americans did, they were slaughtered, kicked off their own land, made slaves and transported in slave boats just like blacks, forced to walk "the trail of tears" where most died. native americans once owned all of america, now they are stuck in their little pueblos, nearly all native american tribes were killed off. they had it worse then blacks did, and they still do, even though their goverment takes good care of the, they are treated like shit outside of their pueblos.

FUCK WHAT COLOR SOMEONE IS, IF THEY ARE QUALIFIED THEY SHOULD GET THE JOB! im tired of this bullshit about blacks dont get nothing cause all "minortys" are treated like shit, but for somereason its only a big deal when it affects black people.
Old 02-05-04, 03:45 PM   #21
halfrican

IP: C44A F9C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncedoggydog
Now I am delusional according to you. In contrast to your view, more than 80 percent of Americans expect to see a woman and or a man of color in Office within thier life time. The President of the U.N. is a black man, Kofi Anan although politicaly I disagree with just about everything this man say's, I respect his role as leader of the UN. I really think that your view is way off base, and it's you who are delusional. The world save a few liberal labeled "rouge states" look to this international body to solve every diplomatic, military and world crisis, yet a black man holds it's presidency. I think presidence has been set world wide, so it is more than reasonalbe to expect to see a change of face in D.C., within our life time. The rest of the world and mainstream America in your opinion must be delusional, I really doubt that!

ok than, answer me this, give me ONE country (besides african nations) that has the same percentage of african american citizens as the US where one is in power.

I'll even go one farther (I haven't done any research but I'm pretty sure this is correct), give me just ONE country where there is a minority as the leader of a country, that came into power without a coup..

Theres a very distinct difference between asking people to take a poll about something, and seeing them follow through. American citizens are very capricious individuals, they'll say that they want to see an african american president, but won't give them enough votes to get through the primaries. The only exception to what I just said was in 88 when jesse jackson ran, being a black male, I hate to say this but that was a complete fluke...

I'm not delusional in the slightest, I'm a realest...

p.s. thanks for correcting my mistake, must have gotten my facts all fucked up... Thats what I get for smoking weed all day.
Old 02-05-04, 03:47 PM   #22
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

^ The raza is making huge moves in politcs C. I mean it's a poor imagrant form Tijuana that is now in the most powerful chair of California legislation. Also Bush has elected several hispanics to highly regarded federal spots in our government. Dawg check your new twenty dollar bill Rosaria Marin signature is on it as secretary of treasuary. That is a huge advancement of our people carnal. Not only that she is being endorsed to run against Boxer for her seat on the senate, now that is a great thing. She's a conservative hispanic with the tenacity to win the senate election, which will bring more hispanic recognition into congress. Why do you guy's think I am such an avid politician, it's a very exciting time in American History, we can all make a difference, if we try. Not getting involved does nothing for our status, yet together our voice is starting to be heard. I mean all pollitical parties are pandering for the latino vote, why is that? Becuase we are growing in numbers and status, while our parents break their back at work, we are getting an education. While our parents struggle to make ends meet, we are learning that our influence on this country is growing. Instead of blaming the Goverment for the plight of our people we are actually doing something to improve our social satus here in America. That is why we are becoming a loud voice, propelling faster than other minorites in these areas. It's not an issue of race, but that of social structure. We need to work together to improve the class strucutre of all minorities, not just our own. The education gap is slipping and mainstream America is waking up to this each and everyday. Let's keep moving forward on all fronts and at the same time understand we are all in this together, no matter pigmentation or faith.
Old 02-05-04, 03:55 PM   #23
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

Quote:
ok than, answer me this, give me ONE country (besides african nations) that has the same percentage of african american citizens as the US where one is in power.

I'll even go one farther (I haven't done any research but I'm pretty sure this is correct), give me just ONE country where there is a minority as the leader of a country, that came into power without a coup..

Theres a very distinct difference between asking people to take a poll about something, and seeing them follow through. American citizens are very capricious individuals, they'll say that they want to see an african american president, but won't give them enough votes to get through the primaries. The only exception to what I just said was in 88 when jesse jackson ran, being a black male, I hate to say this but that was a complete fluke...

I'm not delusional in the slightest, I'm a realest...

p.s. thanks for correcting my mistake, must have gotten my facts all fucked up... Thats what I get for smoking weed all day.

You need to come at me with more than this childs play kid. The Peruvian Government elected in 1990 a Japenesse man named Fujimori! An agricultural engineer born in Japn who was a political unkown until weeks before the election. You have to do better than that, it's obvous you have no grounds to make outrages claims, as you have. Don't take this as an attack, but just a reflection of the facts... I do admire your passion, keep your head in it, but don't let emotion out wiegh logic.
That is my advice for you...

Last edited by bouncedoggydog : 02-05-04 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-05-04, 04:18 PM   #24
halfrican

IP: C44A F9C4

^^^ there's no hate at all, political debates are fantastic...

and I did state that I did no research, but it seems like a pretty valid thing to say. I hate sounding like a pessimist, but one country in the whole world??? Thats kinda weak, to be completely honest I think this country has a lot of work before any minority is voted. I mean how long did it take south carolina to get even the confederate flag off of their capitol. There is still bigotry in this country, george fucking bush was saying something along the lines of wanting to have a ban on gay marriages (or however you spell it) in the god damn constitution, and PEOPLE ARE BACKING IT. Even though we are making huge steps towards a president who isn't white and prostestant, and more and more minorities are getting voted into political positions, still most of them are old fashioned white folks. And old white folks, just wont let this happen..

Another thing that is stopping this is that for a minority to be voted in, more minorities have to vote, simple as that....
Old 02-05-04, 04:31 PM   #25
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

Quote:
^^^ there's no hate at all, political debates are fantastic...

and I did state that I did no research, but it seems like a pretty valid thing to say. I hate sounding like a pessimist, but one country in the whole world??? Thats kinda weak, to be completely honest I think this country has a lot of work before any minority is voted. I mean how long did it take south carolina to get even the confederate flag off of their capitol. There is still bigotry in this country, george fucking bush was saying something along the lines of wanting to have a ban on gay marriages (or however you spell it) in the god damn constitution, and PEOPLE ARE BACKING IT. Even though we are making huge steps towards a president who isn't white and prostestant, and more and more minorities are getting voted into political positions, still most of them are old fashioned white folks. And old white folks, just wont let this happen..

Another thing that is stopping this is that for a minority to be voted in, more minorities have to vote, simple as that....

I only listed one, as you only asked me to prove the one. I can list more, but for sakes of winning this arguement I only needed one. You are right about the lack of minority voters, but there is a bigger lack of voting amongst young people. When you kids turn of age, please take my addvice and cast your ballots, not just in presidential elections but in all. Express your self via your music when you get the chance, debate amongst yourselves, and keep on top of the subject. You kids can make a difference, if you want to make this country more your own.
Old 02-06-04, 02:10 AM   #26
Jes
Light Weight

IP: DED4 6855

halfrican, in all honesty check your facts before you correct someone... cause when you try to correct someone and your actually wrong you look less credible. plus, your statement
Quote:
I hate to say it but you are as far from wrong as possible
, translate to you saying i'm right... being as I'm "far from wrong"... (anyone else catch that).

C. I think when people say black, they mean anything not white for the most part. From a KKK standpoint we all don't belong here if we have any trace of pigmentation in our skin. true, there are latinos working in the fields, factories, etc. But typically its those with little education and qualifications who are taking those jobs, its not by force, so you aren't treated like shit. To boot, illegal immigrants in california get fre college educations... which we pay for... majority who are getting the funds, hispanics. I have no problem with latinos, i have spanish blood as well, but I don't think its fair when folks say we have it worse or some shit. First off, i wouldn't be proud if my people/race were the most oppressed. I'm for all races, even caucasians get treated. There are more scholarships catering to ethnicity except caucasian. Not too long ago certain #s had to be met, quotas per race had to be filled for colleges. I'm made up of Islander/Asian, Spanish, African (not Afro-American)... so i'm not race bias.

Bounce... on point as always. the least amount of votes lies within the age grouping of 18-24... and people complain so damn much about or government. Need to stop playing from the sidelines.
Old 02-07-04, 04:14 PM   #27
Kosmetic KAS

IP: C1DA C961

who gives a fuck , In my opinion we haven't had a decent president yet
Old 02-07-04, 04:16 PM   #28
Slik Shadow
Flyweight

Text Record: 2-0
IP: 4533 8D70

100th Post!!!!

w00t w00t

oh...

and i agree with all of you...
Old 02-07-04, 04:20 PM   #29
dirtyendzone
Flyweight

IP: 7EC7 4CD4

Even if a black candidate could get a nomination, the south still votes.
Old 02-07-04, 10:44 PM   #30
bouncedoggydog
"Cuz bruk said so"

IP: CDD6 4D57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes

Bounce... on point as always. the least amount of votes lies within the age grouping of 18-24... and people complain so damn much about or government. Need to stop playing from the sidelines.

You know Jes, youre going to make one hell of a wife one day. I can only pray my daughter projects a fraction of the logic that you do. Keep it up mija and keep giving them hell, I hope your studies are going well. Like always I love to read your posts.