RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-05, 12:56 AM   #16
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: A6FC E9D3

Or you could be dope like me and meet some rappers at a pub who can hook you up free studio time and all that jazz..
Old 11-17-05, 05:42 AM   #17
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: F08E 48C2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Or you could be dope like me and meet some rappers at a pub who can hook you up free studio time and all that jazz..

lol, yeah and pay fo your studio time in booty-hole time.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-05, 07:09 AM   #18
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 37C8 3F48

i have like $10 ones. So If was to like, buy um some $30 ones, that cover whole ear. Will it make my quality jump a lot or not really?

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-05, 08:16 AM   #19
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's SPuL!
i have like $10 ones. So If was to like, buy um some $30 ones, that cover whole ear. Will it make my quality jump a lot or not really?

No headphones under $30 is gonna be any miraculous jump, that's for damn sure. At best you'd get some DJing headphones for that price which isnt what you want, lol. DJing headphones aren't made for accurate sound monitoring, it's made to take an ass kicking and play music louder than everything around it. The end. You're gonna start off at at least $50 to get your dick in the door with any headphoens worth using.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-05, 02:42 PM   #20
M.C. Streak
Middle Weight

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 6D2C 475B

I'll cop something i think i need studio headphones thanks for the idea. So what's a good place...Best BUY???Are these good and can i get 'em there???

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ronics&v=glance

Eye for an eye makes the world go blind
Send a message via AIM to M.C. Streak   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-05, 03:18 PM   #21
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C. Streak
I'll cop something i think i need studio headphones thanks for the idea. So what's a good place...Best BUY???Are these good and can i get 'em there???

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ronics&v=glance

The description is nice, but you gotta understand that the information there dosen't tell me anything at all cept that the drivers are 40mm. That dosent' mean they're good, that dosen't mean they're bad, it's just an objective measurement. Without a frequency response chart it'd be impossible to tell you weather ANY piece of equipment is good or bad just by looking at the exterior and evne an FRC isn't the most vivid picture (since you need to know how fast the diaphragm reacts - which they don't tell you), but it gets you in the ballpark. But jusdging soley on appearances and "great for this and that!"is liek buying a mic simply on appearances though you got no idea how good or not good it works.

Hit a music store and ask em to try it, like Geetar Center. The have demos of literally everything they have and rooms you can go test em in. I went through about 6 headphones before I decided on the ones I got - so they're well used to this. Looking at pictures alone is highly misleading.

* When you look for headphones and you're not looking to spend $250 on some super high-end monitor headphones, look for the one that has the cleanest bass (instead of sounding like gravel in a tin-can) and crisp and alive, vivid vocals. They shouldn't have any hiss as all (like no good mic or headphone will) and they shouldn't be too far into the treble or too far into the bass. Make sure it sounds the most crisp in the range of the sound spectrum that you actually use - which for rap is mids and lows.

PS, bring your own choice of CD and songs beore you hit the store because you know it already - you know the neuances of the tracks and you'll quicker spot anything thats turned down or shit you never knew that was there. AND BRING CRYSTAL CLEAR PROFESSIONAL TRACKS!

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Last edited by Apexx : 11-17-05 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-17-05, 08:02 PM   #22
M.C. Streak
Middle Weight

The reviews seem pretty promising. But is there any well known music supply stores(not generic like you said) that can be found in your local mall? Is Geetar Center a more nationwide thing or just in certain areas. just wondering.

Last edited by M.C. Streak : 11-17-05 at 08:21 PM.
Old 11-17-05, 08:46 PM   #23
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: 12E7 3621

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
No headphones under $30 is gonna be any miraculous jump, that's for damn sure. At best you'd get some DJing headphones for that price which isnt what you want, lol. DJing headphones aren't made for accurate sound monitoring, it's made to take an ass kicking and play music louder than everything around it. The end. You're gonna start off at at least $50 to get your dick in the door with any headphoens worth using.

yeah true....thats how much mine were and when u have them off you can hear it like it was comin outta a speaker but when its on ur ears you can hear nothin

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 11-17-05, 09:02 PM   #24
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 23B5 FE76

Just link us to a good pair of headphones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.
Old 11-17-05, 09:37 PM   #25
M.C. Streak
Middle Weight

there are headphones @ radio shack for over 60$ so simply because there from radio shack those headphones are wack?

Old 11-17-05, 11:03 PM   #26
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
The reviews seem pretty promising. But is there any well known music supply stores(not generic like you said) that can be found in your local mall? Is Geetar Center a more nationwide thing or just in certain areas. just wondering.

Guiter Center is nationwide, but I've never seen any in any malls around here, that's for sure. Maybe further down near princeton or up in alpine or something - but I sure as hell never seen one. Hit their site www.guitercenter.com and look for the store locator. Also try spots liek Sam Ash Music Store and other places like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Tense
yeah true....thats how much mine were and when u have them off you can hear it like it was comin outta a speaker but when its on ur ears you can hear nothin

EXACTLYY!!! Exactly man. niggas don't understand when I tell em, lol, whne I use my headphones, 9/10 times I'll stop to see if my Event monitor is on cuz you're just not used to that quality and body of sound coming out of some headphones. Damn. What set do you have? I'm gonna laugh my ass off if we got the same one, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Revelation
Just link us to a good pair of headphones.

I'm sure there's better out there and your price range is gonna be the final deciding factor anyway, but my shits are audio Technica ATH M40fs's and I love em. The best thing up from here was in the 200's.

Quote:
there are headphones @ radio shack for over 60$ so simply because there from radio shack those headphones are wack?

Hate to say it, but quite possibly. Radioshack dosen't make their own shit, other companies make it and they have it re-badged. The downside is that these companies are usually offering either their low-end shit, or it's a crappy company like Samson (their new USB mic BLOWS for a condenser, but it'd be great as a dynamic) make their shit. For example, radioshack's high end mic is an SM48 which is a GARBAGE mic in the world of 'namebrand mics'. It's the type of mic you drive dails with, not the one you record with, unless you're doing a live gig - yet it's the best shit RS has. Just something to consider.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 11-17-05, 11:23 PM   #27
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: 12E7 3621

I got some Sennheiser HD 202 thast all i know

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 11-18-05, 03:10 PM   #28
M.C. Streak
Middle Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
Guiter Center is nationwide, but I've never seen any in any malls around here, that's for sure. Maybe further down near princeton or up in alpine or something - but I sure as hell never seen one. Hit their site www.guitercenter.com and look for the store locator. Also try spots liek Sam Ash Music Store and other places like that.

EXACTLYY!!! Exactly man. niggas don't understand when I tell em, lol, whne I use my headphones, 9/10 times I'll stop to see if my Event monitor is on cuz you're just not used to that quality and body of sound coming out of some headphones. Damn. What set do you have? I'm gonna laugh my ass off if we got the same one, lol.

I'm sure there's better out there and your price range is gonna be the final deciding factor anyway, but my shits are audio Technica ATH M40fs's and I love em. The best thing up from here was in the 200's.

Hate to say it, but quite possibly. Radioshack dosen't make their own shit, other companies make it and they have it re-badged. The downside is that these companies are usually offering either their low-end shit, or it's a crappy company like Samson (their new USB mic BLOWS for a condenser, but it'd be great as a dynamic) make their shit. For example, radioshack's high end mic is an SM48 which is a GARBAGE mic in the world of 'namebrand mics'. It's the type of mic you drive dails with, not the one you record with, unless you're doing a live gig - yet it's the best shit RS has. Just something to consider.

it's guitar center not guiter center or geeter but thanks I've actually seen that store before and it's 2 miles away from the mall i go to all i have to say is MAJOR props.btw i dont batle

Old 11-18-05, 03:21 PM   #29
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
it's guitar center not guiter center or geeter but thanks I've actually seen that store before and it's 2 miles away from the mall i go to all i have to say is MAJOR props.btw i dont batle

my bad about the spelling, haha. But thanks for the props I guess lol, I'm just glad I can help.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 11-19-05, 05:32 AM   #30
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 065E FFAB

< has socom mic

and my quality > most peoples pre amps & condenser mics

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote