RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-04, 02:49 PM   #31
Transmogrify
Oh Word?

Text Record: 3-3
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 825B CC0C

I was watchin the news and This summer I'm going to start paying for music. These guy's (can't remember who they are) are opening up a pay filesharing program where artists can distribute there music independantly, for a low price. So in otherwords the keep all the money
<font face ="Verdana" size="2">RhymeVantage
HipHopRoots
</b>
<font face="wingdings" size="6">FBJ
</font>
</center>
</html>
Send a message via AIM to Transmogrify Send a message via Yahoo to Transmogrify   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-04, 02:54 PM   #32
self
one wink

Text Record: 2-0
IP: AAF1 A3DB

And you just got sonned by everyone in this thread.
Send a message via AIM to self   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-04, 03:00 PM   #33
Phate
Middle Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 9E18 D314

opey.....ye...that's why i said if they put forth a 'reasonable' digital distribution system i'd pay. Frankly I agree, a lot of the $1 charge is still going to support a dying distribution system.

But the fact is making the switch from physical product to digital product is not easy. Most music sales are still made through stores. Therefore Chains like Sam the Record Man still have plenty of power and they aren't going to just lay down and die.

If a record company dropped the price of online sales from $1 to 30 cents the stores would revolt and pull all the physical product. The record companies online sales would increase but not nearly enough to cover the loss of physical sales. And therefore until online sales begin to eclipse physical sales I wouldn't expect to see pricess fall.
<B><font size=4 face="still time"><A href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/21stavenueproductions.htm">21st Ave Productions</A></font></b><font size=5> / </font><b><FONT face=gunplay size=4><a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/knockoutzcru.htm">KnocKOuTz</a></FONT></SIZE></B>

<FONT face="bankgothic md bt" size=4> Exclusive Beats for Qualified MC's</FONT></SIZE>
Send a message via AIM to Phate   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-04, 03:04 PM   #34
self
one wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunman tha Great
U truly are an idiot aren't you? So explain 2 me, what is Pharoe Monch's day job?What do Jedi do?Common? Yeah their day jobs are being emcees, go over to your local acid dumping site and have a swim

No, you are the fucking idiot. Learn to spell first off, Pharoahe Monch. Maybe if you had to type in his name to download his stuff you would know it.

If anything File Sharing over the internet helps underground rappers sell more albums. I know of at least 10 people who have downloaded Atmosphere songs from me, then the next day bought the CD.
Old 01-27-04, 03:08 PM   #35
Induelz
Maggot

IP: 9AE7 AA5A

ahh i know madonna gets like 2Dollars each album she sells..
but yea bootlegging is gay .. doubt it will stop i hope it doesnt
DO NOT BATTLE BLAK SIINZ HE IS A NAME BITER.
Old 01-27-04, 03:15 PM   #36
Transmogrify
Oh Word?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruklor
No, you are the fucking idiot. Learn to spell first off, Pharoahe Monch. Maybe if you had to type in his name to download his stuff you would know it.

If anything File Sharing over the internet helps underground rappers sell more albums. I know of at least 10 people who have downloaded Atmosphere songs from me, then the next day bought the CD.

\

Not Lying, This summer I heard my first underground rap by atmosphere, the next week I went and pre-ordered sevens Travels
HipHopRoots
</b>
</font>
</center>
</html>
Send a message via AIM to Transmogrify Send a message via Yahoo to Transmogrify   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-04, 03:17 PM   #37
Phate
Middle Weight

^^^just a quick note on madonna, or dre, or eminem, or jay-z, or puffy, or anyone else who owns they're own label. if you own the label then yes you get more revenue from the cd because you're getting both the 3-4 cents of the artists share, and the 1.95 which is the labels share. However, a lot of your label share goes back into the label. anyways, this accounds for less than 1% of all situations so i think it can be excluded as a special circumstance and not the standard practice.
<B><font size=4 face="still time"><A href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/21stavenueproductions.htm">21st Ave Productions</A></font></b><font size=5> / </font><b><FONT face=gunplay size=4><a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/7/knockoutzcru.htm">KnocKOuTz</a></FONT></SIZE></B>

<FONT face="bankgothic md bt" size=4> Exclusive Beats for Qualified MC's</FONT></SIZE>
Old 01-27-04, 03:20 PM   #38
Phate
Middle Weight

concerning bootlegging as promotion. it can help some but can you honestly tell me that you have bought all the albums the songs you've downloaded have come from?

if you are like most people (myself included) you have downloaded hundreads of songs and bought maybe 3-4 albums as a result.

Old 01-27-04, 03:22 PM   #39
Transmogrify
Oh Word?

Another thing on that, Look at micheal Jackson, one of the richest Artists ever because He rented his tracks instead of selling them to label so he received the $.05 for each CD + thousands for the rights to distribute that. But other artists that have tried that have been declined many times because the could just as easily be replaced by some ignorant person just wantin their name out there
HipHopRoots
</b>
</font>
</center>
</html>
Old 01-27-04, 03:24 PM   #40
Gunman tha Great

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 4287 3F49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruklor

Yeah you are not serious. So every fucking song you've downloaded that you have liked you went out and payed for the CD?didn't think so exit stage left
Old 01-27-04, 03:30 PM   #41
Transmogrify
Oh Word?

You're still dumb as fuck, tell me that you would have heard almost any underground music if it weren't for filesharing
HipHopRoots
</b>
</font>
</center>
</html>
Old 01-27-04, 03:34 PM   #42
Gunman tha Great

who is talking about the underground?They use it as a form of creating a buzz dumb fuck i'm talking about downloading an entire established artist's album. Go play somewhere small child.
Old 01-27-04, 03:47 PM   #43
Transmogrify
Oh Word?

Weren't We talking about the pros and cons of FileSharing? Or weren't we talking about how deserving artists should get paid?
HipHopRoots
</b>
</font>
</center>
</html>
Old 01-27-04, 03:49 PM   #44
Gunman tha Great

we talking bout people downloading/bootlegging/burning an established artist's entire album and not buying the shit.
Old 01-27-04, 03:55 PM   #45
self
one wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunman tha Great
Yeah you are not serious. So every fucking song you've downloaded that you have liked you went out and payed for the CD?didn't think so exit stage left

Any CD possible, yes. It's rare to find what I listen to around here. I'm currently looking into buying CD's online. So shut the fuck up idiot.