RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-06, 01:16 AM   #31
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 819D 3297

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady
im willing to put in the work, but after seeing whats happened to some heads that have signed with majour labels before and failed it really made me question "is it worth it??", i mean once i get my cd finished i know im looking to perform atleast once a week, keep dropping on radios n mixtapes, ive got a few interviews lined up for when the cd is ready n shit like that... im willing to put my work in, but im not willing to let some dick fuck me about and 90% of my money that I did all the work to make.

But hold up..

Are you rapping to make money or are you rapping to get heard by as many people as possible and fuck it if some snot nosed record exec is making more than you to start with... Thats what I was sayin before.. Dont say you only make music for the love of it if your not prepared to get fucked around a bit money wise when you only just start...

Its business... They dont give a fuck about your music..... They give a fuck about you making them money... What you have to do is rise above their level and become something more than just a throw away artist... Thats all about playing your cards right and the things you do and say while your in the position to rise up.. (IE: when your on a decent label getting good promotion and not being ultra rich off it untill later on in your career)

Rappers that hit the big time have usually been in the industry for around 3 to 5 years before they get to where their at the point of being really famous... But a lot of kids dont see that stage... They think these people just jumped onto a label.. Got mass appeal and then boom, they got famous...

Shit just doesent work like that.. And it will never work for anyone when their trying to just stick around in the underground on an indie label getting very little promotion in contrast to artists that do let record labels run over them a bit to begin with, but more importantly, get their name heard everywhere....

You gotta have the right mindframe about it.. Fuck what some geek ass clown told you about hip hop... Its a dirty game.. And you have to do what it takes to get where you want.........

I'm not saying go suck someones cock to get famous.. I'm saying if their playing rough.. You play twice as rough...
Send a message via MSN to La Cosa Nostra   Reply With Quote