RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-14-06, 01:57 PM   #1
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

IP:

the universe is the universe, God is God...they're not one in the same = |

life experiences teach everyone things, you have freedome of choice to make your life turn out however it will, that's what "fate" and "destiny" are...there's a pre-determined end that depends on choices you make, we agree on that...

but I have a question, how do you determine what's right and what's wrong?...if you've never experienced a situation, what governs your thoughts on right and wrong?...most people I know base their moral standards on religion, which is what most LAW is based on...does this mean that laws are not to be followed because they are based on the moral standings or religions?...

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06, 02:17 PM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Veracity
the universe is the universe, God is God...they're not one in the same = |

life experiences teach everyone things, you have freedome of choice to make your life turn out however it will, that's what "fate" and "destiny" are...there's a pre-determined end that depends on choices you make, we agree on that...

but I have a question, how do you determine what's right and what's wrong?...if you've never experienced a situation, what governs your thoughts on right and wrong?...most people I know base their moral standards on religion, which is what most LAW is based on...does this mean that laws are not to be followed because they are based on the moral standings or religions?...

Oh but they are one in the same..
God is formless and exists everywhere at the same time. If he was a seperate entity then then that would make him a kind of being. And if you believe what your own religion tells you about god.. Then this cannot be.

As for your question about what is right and wrong.. Right and wrong is dictated by what we know to be right and wrong. There have been numorous 'free-thinker' cults throughout history that have preached that if they dont think something is wrong, then its not a sin...

However these people have usually used this method of thinking as a justification mainly for fullfilling sexual fantasys.

We are intelligent organisms with the ability to decipher whether something is beneficial or ultimatly wrong. Sure we make mistakes from time to time, but we usually learn as a result.

Be real.. You dont need anyone to tell you whats right and whats wrong.. You just know...
Old 03-14-06, 02:30 PM   #3
.Judicial.
My Dick Stay Wet

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
We are intelligent organisms with the ability to decipher whether something is beneficial or ultimatly wrong. Sure we make mistakes from time to time, but we usually learn as a result.

Be real.. You dont need anyone to tell you whats right and whats wrong.. You just know...

i agree with this.....totally

i know somewhere it also says God holds the world in the palm of his hand, so do you think thats just symbolism saying he is always watching or, do you think he actually is everywhere all the time????
Send a message via AIM to .Judicial.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06, 03:59 PM   #4
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

IP:

Quote:

if everyone just "knew" right and wrong then people wouldn't murder or rape...by civiliZed people's standards, both are wrong...you don't just "know" what's right and wrong...you know because your parents TEACH you

it's like a child putting his or her hand over a hot stove, they don't "know" it's wrong before they do it...they know what happens after

right and wrong isn't built into us...it's learned and dictated to us generation to generation...that's why we have LAWS based on right and wrong...and those laws are based on what religion views as right and wrongs...like it or not

so does that mean that since laws are based on religious beliefs you won't follow them because of their origin?...I hope not

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06, 04:15 PM   #5
.Judicial.
My Dick Stay Wet

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Veracity
if everyone just "knew" right and wrong then people wouldn't murder or rape...by civiliZed people's standards, both are wrong...you don't just "know" what's right and wrong...you know because your parents TEACH you

it's like a child putting his or her hand over a hot stove, they don't "know" it's wrong before they do it...they know what happens after

right and wrong isn't built into us...it's learned and dictated to us generation to generation...that's why we have LAWS based on right and wrong...and those laws are based on what religion views as right and wrongs...like it or not

so does that mean that since laws are based on religious beliefs you won't follow them because of their origin?...I hope not

when you are younger you are taught certain principles of right and wrong..when you are old you are able to distinguish on your own what is right and wrong so in a sense we do 'know' the difference between right and wrong wether or not we choose to do the right things is different...
Send a message via AIM to .Judicial.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06, 03:33 PM   #6
*SmokeSomething*
*VICE VERSA*

IP:

damn i thought it was fat joe lol
Old 03-14-06, 03:33 PM   #7
*SmokeSomething*
*VICE VERSA*

IP:

or lil wayne .....................lol
Old 03-14-06, 03:35 PM   #8
locknes
its WU muthafucka

IP:

"The white image, of Christ, is really Cesare Borgia
and uhh, the second son of Pope Alexander
The Sixth of Rome, and once the picture was shown
That's how the devils tricked my dome"-GZA Basic instructions before leaving earth
Old 03-14-06, 03:46 PM   #9
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Nos, "god" is not the universe. "God", by definition is considered to be infinite and timeless where as the universe has an age (verified by carbon dating) and is dying and collapsing.

oh also, if God were the universe, then the superstring theory would be non existant.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06, 03:51 PM   #10
Tha Q.
OYD

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
Nos, "god" is not the universe. "God", by definition is considered to be infinite and timeless where as the universe has an age (verified by carbon dating) and is dying and collapsing.

oh also, if God were the universe, then the superstring theory would be non existant.

not only that, but the universe has a beginning and an end. Our current universe is expanding. Eventually, it'll collapse on itself and expand again. Who knows how long that's been going on.

Here's an interesting theory though. I've heard that the chaos in space is actually remnants of the spiritual battle God had with Lucifer in heaven eons ago.

who knows...sounds interesting anyway
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06, 09:12 PM   #11
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx

Theorys on the universe state that after its demise it will go into a crunch and then bounce back resulting in the birth of a new universe. Old into new and the cycle is reborn.

And why would the superstring theory be non-existant?
Old 03-15-06, 12:54 PM   #12
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
Here's the problem with what you just stated. Even if God swooped down from heaven and stood before you, that wouldn't make someone "believe" that he exists. People have been doubting God and refuting him since the beginning of time. Pharoah doubted the existence of Moses' God, until God showed him signs and wonders. Jesus spoke on this very topic in the parable of Lazarus--not his friend that he rose from the dead. A rich and evil man died and went to hell. From hell, he asked God if he could go back to warn others that it was all real. God then told him that even if he did go back, they wouldn't believe what he had to say. "Faith" isn't just believing in God. Faith is action. Faith is serving God and doing what he says, KNOWING that you'll be rewarded as a result. Only a fool says in his heart, "there is no God."

Quite frankly, it is counter-logical to believe something you can't see. That's called Faith. Jesus said, "Blessed are those who haven't seen, and still believe."

If "God" "swooped down from heaven" and stood before me, I wouldn't believe that he exists. I'd KNOW that he exists. And for the record, I know that a god exists. Just not in the capacity that the bible exhagerates it into from the story they plagerized from the enum enlish.

Quote:
Theorys on the universe state that after its demise it will go into a crunch and then bounce back resulting in the birth of a new universe. Old into new and the cycle is reborn.

And why would the superstring theory be non-existant?

No doubt about it, but in order for a new one to be born, the old universe must first die. If it dies, that means it is capable of dying - which according to the Bible is not something God is capable of. Not to mention that the bible states that after God made himself, he came to make the "heavens and the earth". "Heaven" is above earth. What's above earth is space. The inky blackness of carbon ether. If he made it as he made the planet earth, then he could not possibly be the universe, for it is a creation that he created AFTER he already came into existence.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-06, 03:56 PM   #13
*SmokeSomething*
*VICE VERSA*

IP:

so it wasen't lil wayne damn *i smoke to much
Old 03-14-06, 03:58 PM   #14
locknes
its WU muthafucka

IP:

"The white image, of Christ, is really Cesare Borgia
and uhh, the second son of Pope Alexander
The Sixth of Rome, and once the picture was shown
That's how the devils tricked my dome"-GZA Basic instructions before leaving earth
^ that is the the name of the so called jesus in those pictures
Old 03-14-06, 04:03 PM   #15
Compose

IP:

who the fuck gives a shit, stop having hardons off controversy, go to work or school or somethin.
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus