RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-06, 03:17 AM   #46
Magic5

IP: 6EB9 28C9

Yeah, sometimes I turn on my mic and just scream "I WANNA BE LIKE RICK ROSS!"
Old 08-06-06, 03:19 AM   #47
Ca'lam
The Light

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 7-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: C3EB D97D

lol ^.. ehh that hustlin song was pretty dope tho... i bumped that in my whip for like a month striaght -_-

Proud OYD member again . <------- That is whassup
Old 08-06-06, 04:36 AM   #48
Ysdat
Whys That?

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 5285 DC82

souths running rap?! ok, in america maybe, so as a emcee if you say south is running rap, and you make rap music, are they running YOUR music?
I couldnt give two fucks whos moving the most units, it does not effect my music one bit.
I dont like most of the music coming out of the south. Moving units means they are apealing to those who will purchase there shit and basically become a groupie. Sales wil never mean your a dope emcee, it means you are willing to do what it takes to sell out and move units. 80% of the people buying southern music are immature little teeny boppers who have no clue who KRS1 or bambaatta are, and dont even know what you mean when you say zulu nation. They are little teeny bopping females who buy a song cause they can dance to it, or cause "that guys hot". if you going to base your judgment on what makes a good emcee on this, then you need to check yourself.

who gives a fuck whos running what? My taps running water, my toilets running shit, my nose is running snot, my legs are runing miles. My fingers are running up the inside of a bitches thigh.
Old 08-06-06, 04:38 AM   #49
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 0B90 96F9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriptic
haha im just fucking around.. im saying i dont like hiphop that much....rap is what im here for....allot shit you hear on the radio..its all hiphop ..but people think its rap. rap is real..hiphops for show

Man do you even know wtf you are talking about?

Hip hop is real, it is a culture thats 30-40 years old which involves four elements and a shitload of sub-elements. Rap is NOTHING but a PART of that culture called hip hop.

The shit that is on the radio is a whole lot of gay little offshoots that developed in rap.

What do you mean by rap is real, hip hop is for show? It doesnt make sense.
Old 08-06-06, 04:42 AM   #50
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bays!ck
souths running rap?! ok, in america maybe, so as a emcee if you say south is running rap, and you make rap music, are they running YOUR music?
I couldnt give two fucks whos moving the most units, it does not effect my music one bit.
I dont like most of the music coming out of the south. Moving units means they are apealing to those who will purchase there shit and basically become a groupie. Sales wil never mean your a dope emcee, it means you are willing to do what it takes to sell out and move units. 80% of the people buying southern music are immature little teeny boppers who have no clue who KRS1 or bambaatta are, and dont even know what you mean when you say zulu nation. They are little teeny bopping females who buy a song cause they can dance to it, or cause "that guys hot". if you going to base your judgment on what makes a good emcee on this, then you need to check yourself.

who gives a fuck whos running what? My taps running water, my toilets running shit, my nose is running snot, my legs are runing miles. My fingers are running up the inside of a bitches thigh.

Since when did you have that outlook? I could have sworn a few weeks ago or months ago you were all for mainstream?
Old 08-06-06, 04:43 AM   #51
Ysdat
Whys That?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Since when did you have that outlook? I could have sworn a few weeks ago or months ago you were all for mainstream?

me for mainstream? come on bro, please show me were I was for the mainstream? I think you have been strongly mistaken man. seriously.
Old 08-06-06, 04:48 AM   #52
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Ohhhhh yeah you bloody cunt.

I keep thinking you are that dude blay cos of your new name.

My mistake, my mistake.
Old 08-06-06, 04:52 AM   #53
Magic5

IP: 6EB9 28C9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ca'lam
lol ^.. ehh that hustlin song was pretty dope tho... i bumped that in my whip for like a month striaght -_-

Nah, I literally scream "I WANNA BE LIKE RICK ROSS" in my microphone.
Old 08-06-06, 05:19 AM   #54
Ysdat
Whys That?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Ohhhhh yeah you bloody cunt.

I keep thinking you are that dude blay cos of your new name.

My mistake, my mistake.

all good bro. Had me worry'd bout my e-rep for a second
Old 08-06-06, 05:27 AM   #55
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Old 08-06-06, 11:51 AM   #56
L. Veracity
You Cant Handle The Truth

Audio Record: 0-2
IP: F408 EB1A

the person that made this thread has it absolutely correct, I've been trying to tell people the same thing since forever and matter fact, I said it on another site earlier this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by L. Veracity
only people I like from the South are people most already named.....
LIL' WAYNE is dat nigga when it comes to mixtapes, but he waters it down on albums, he could have classic ass albums cuz the dude is SIKK with bars, iono why he (and others) don't show the same hunger on albums

LUDACRIS is a damn BEAST with metaphors and wordplay...only thing holding him back is his content, he says a bunch of nothing really well...so if he actually talked about something, people would take him seriously..but he doesn't take rap seriously in my opinion

T.I. has gotten real commercial, just like everyone that makes a hit album and wants to keep having hits...he's gotten into the "look what I got" shit and stayed there...he needs to go back to his "Trap Muzik" and before eras, where he had some radio hits AND some real shit...but he's still among the better

Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, his clone Young Joc, D4L, Dem Franchize Boyz etc are all wack-sushi and should've never gotten radio play to begin with...you can't even say that people listen to their music cuz of the beats any more cuz that wack ass snap shit has trash ass default Fruity Loops sounds, the beats aren't even good...it's 100% trash
but here's why they're on and people on the East Coast and other places with better beats AND better lyrics aren't...

THEY HUSTLE THEIR MUSIC IN THEIR AREA!!...they make contacts locally and start small to develop their local fanbase and then expand from there...a lot of people from the East Coast and other places hustle their shit backwards...you won't get too far trying to get known in another state and can't do shows there and shit, then your own city doesn't FUCKing know you...that's why MIKE JONES, PAUL WALL and all these Houston kats are where they are now...cuz they stayed on the grind in their own city and developed selling power, which means that they already have a strong fan base SOMEWHERE, not a few fans EVERYWHERE, ya dig...and when you have a strong fan base somewhere and are already pushing more units than your counter-parts with more lyrical talent, the executives don't wanna hear your "dope lyrics" they wanna see those major dollar signs...the music industry is an INDUSTRY, which means it runs on money...the music industry is about money before it's about music, remember that

what rap music needs right now is balance...there's no balance in the game any more...your most known underground artists on the mixtape scene rap about selling drugs, shooting guns etc. the mainstream artists are all talkin' about partying, hoes, cars and jewelry, cuz that's what people do here in the South and there's nothing left in between there that people really get heard...when people learn that you can have balance and do mainstream tracks as well as meaningful tracks then things might change...but the best way to evoke change is for people to stop buying the crap they hear on the radio, turn your radio off, turn your TV off of BET, when their ratings and sales go down, that will force the industry to look elsewhere...and yes, support local people that ARE doing their thing and actually talking about something

^ WE - RAWWCAST - 24/7 ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artik Phrost
LV - real talk as usual..dope shit
you're like the best story teller over a beat

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhaseOne
my whole album is inspired by you LV.
thats how i got this classic album.

Last edited by L. Veracity : 08-06-06 at 12:04 PM.
Send a message via AIM to L. Veracity Send a message via MSN to L. Veracity Send a message via Yahoo to L. Veracity   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-06, 12:26 PM   #57
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 3C6E F2D8

o and dont get me wrong when i say what i said...

i dislike most southern rap.
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote