RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-05, 11:03 PM   #91
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 0A00 A919

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady
but its true.... look at all US rappers that got sum kinda name... majority of them dnt impress me like UK heads do... its not jus originality in topics but in flow delivery writin structure n rhyme scheme... and from most producers i heard in america(ones that again got sum kind of status) dont impress me like UK ones do... its down to personal taste and opinion.... so once again.... deal with it

Oh sure, you can have those opinions..
But they are still naieve and full of shit when it comes down to reality.

Which is why I said, if you were to express those opinions anywhere else, people would make a mockery of you and you would be seen as a naieve moron...

Just informing you of this now before you embarras yourself later...
Old 11-05-05, 11:08 PM   #92
Zone Out
Power Hungry

Audio Record: 5-1
IP: 2EDF 2B70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubs
Well its our language, hence English, so for you to say you started hip hop and we gotta respect it, well we started the english language so respect that.

yeah, but when we whooped yall ass in the Revolutionary War, we took it from y'all .
D-Bo nigga, boss up!

Rap Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
If you do kegel excercises, you would be able to do something similar without having to hold your tip shut with your hand. After you've been doing them, hold off ejaculating as long as you can to really let the pressure build and then aim for your girlfriend's eye and let 'er rip.. You might get lucky and shoot her eye out. That's probably exaggerating it a bit, but it will still be hilarious
Send a message via AIM to Zone Out   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-05, 11:09 PM   #93
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 2-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 347D 5FA0

lol @ you two... ok ysdat... first off somebody bein at top of charts does NOT make em better.. it jus means they got more mass/pop appeal and got the money and marketin behind them.. it doesnt instantly mean they are better.. u need to recognise that.. if wat u say was true... that wud mean 50 is the best there is... from wat i mhear people in US callin dope... i dnt see the creativity... street talk?? money?? women??? drugs???... real creative... u do get ppl droppin on good topics i aint denyin that... but most dont..... and nos... embarras myself???? ye sum shit on a forum will really do that to me.... get real
Old 11-05-05, 11:17 PM   #94
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
and nos... embarras myself???? ye sum shit on a forum will really do that to me.... get real

Hey kids... This is why its best to READ before you respond...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Which is why I said, if you were to express those opinions anywhere else, people would make a mockery of you and you would be seen as a naieve moron...
Old 11-05-05, 11:18 PM   #95
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 347D 5FA0

did i say here??? no.. i said forum.. meanin ANY forum... last time i looked... tmhat IS sumwere else well done
Old 11-05-05, 11:33 PM   #96
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
did i say here??? no.. i said forum.. meanin ANY forum... last time i looked... tmhat IS sumwere else well done

ROFL...

Set your sights low buddy....
Old 11-06-05, 12:34 AM   #97
Rile1
The Emcee Shogun

Text Record: 3-2
IP: 282F 8ABA

LOL....well personally I find U.K hip hop to be a tiny bit better, cuz a lot of the more mainstream rappers in the U.S. are club rappers, if u compared our Underground to U.K's mainstream however I believe that there would be some great battles and that possibly our Underground could win...we should orchestrate that besides tha rap Olympics...and televise it lol
Send a message via MSN to Rile1   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-05, 12:50 AM   #98
Black Dragon
~Spitten Fire~

IP: 00CA 3534

Tha accent....i hate the accent......dun matter how dope u r...if ya sound like a comic act.......then shit imma laugh.........no hate to UK heads especially since LL is full of em......
Old 11-06-05, 06:15 AM   #99
J.D
One Mic

Audio Record: 2-3
IP: BB77 E4BA

i kinda like US & UK hip-hop equally really. i like US emcee's like apathy, vinnie paz, tonedeff, evidence from dilated peoples, zion I, DL incognito etc. but then alot of you US head havent hurd UK hip-hop so you cant say that its wack. listen to harry love, yungun, lewis parker, klashnekoff (who is better than most US emcee's if you ask me), Jehst, Braintax, Out da ville, Genesis Elijah, the list goes on. thats real UK stuff, and can be easily compared to the best US hip-hop
Old 11-06-05, 06:22 AM   #100
Immense

Text Record: 16-12
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 33A9 2441

Quote:
Originally Posted by efecx
ye n u go listen to your blazin squad cd

Dayum,gotta admit,you got me there.

I Promise Alot...But I Deliver Alot More...

...Topicals...

SPEKTIKUL GFX
Old 11-06-05, 06:28 AM   #101
Immense

Text Record: 16-12
IP: 33A9 2441

Quote:
Originally Posted by efecx
*come and shake a leg wit me*

roll deep are wank.....plus they put westwood in there video,that didnt help.

I Promise Alot...But I Deliver Alot More...

...Topicals...

SPEKTIKUL GFX
Old 11-06-05, 07:44 AM   #102
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 9DB1 64D6

Wow, reading this thread I found a lot of fucking stupid comments.

My main focus would be on Natural killa for the whole "I hate the accent" remarks. The fact that you base your opinion on US rap being better than UK rap on that point alone is ridiculous. US people are almost certainly going to favour US rap to UK rap by accent alone because they are used to their own accent because that is what they have been speaking their entire lives. Vice versa, UK heads will most likely prefer the UK accent as it is what they are used to. And so on with all other rappers from places other than US or UK, they will favour their own accent to others.

I would base my opinions on the following, US rap music has better beats to it, you can get into nodding your head along to the beat and shit better with US rap. UK rap though, for me has better lyrical content as UK rappers tend to not focus on "stereotypical gangsta" lyrics. Not that US rappers all do this, but a fair percentage of them produce mainly all songs involving shooting people, or fucking bitches and shit like that. That for me shows that they are narrow-minded and only think that those kind of songs will sell, or they don't have the intellectual capability to produce a "dope song" that is not based around those type of concepts.

Plus, you can't really compare the two to show who is better, because both have different styles. To say that one is better than the other overall, you would have to take a US rapper and a UK rapper who have identical styles, or a majority of them and compare them together. Because US rap is all like "R 'n' B and Hip Hop" whereas the UK rap tends to be its own style which is "Garage".

Both have their own style, and both adapt their styles well to their music, so when it comes down to it neither is better than the other. It just comes down to personal preference really, and the fact that the US is a much larger country size wise and economically wise they can mass produce more and sell in different countries. Majority of UK rappers don't get heard in as many countries and there aren't as many in the UK as there are in the US, that further shows that nobody can really base one as being better than the other.

The only way people can look at one being better than the other is down to personal preference. But in the grander scale of things, US rap is NOT better than UK rap, and UK rap is NOT better than US rap. The US rap is more "POPULAR" and that is soley down to it being larger than UK rap, US has more artists, it is a larger country and has more money, bigger production labels with resources to produce and sell globally.

Last edited by Nick Fletcher : 11-06-05 at 07:47 AM.
Send a message via AIM to King Solo Send a message via MSN to King Solo   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-05, 07:51 AM   #104
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP: 9DB1 64D6

Efecx your fucking Irish, you hate all things British. So fuck your opinions.

The only people who have really dropped unbiased opinions in here are myself, Nos and maybe a couple other people.
Old 11-06-05, 07:53 AM   #105
Idea
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 9BAC 64AD

Ahh man..This thread i was expecting to find somewhere here..

"Accents":

What tha fuck y'all sayin with this..You can't understand or it sounds funny..That's either because 1.) You cannot communicate with foreign people and only hear people from your own country or 2.) You are a deaf fuck with a hearing problem. Some of you understand the accent yet some of you don't - Whats tha deal with that?..Anyways on this..I think accent shouldn't matter because it is natural and something which cannot be changed unlike flow or rhyme scheme.

"Production"

I think the U.S is on top of this ATM..Partly because they have been in the game longer than us UK cats..Tha UK is still there producing hot ish..And is always improving

"Lyrical Quality"

Pff..Even from what i think..Look here - US has cats like Canibus, Technique, Kass, Nas - Which are exceptionally talented with lyrics..But so does UK..They have people like Klash, Low Key, Kyza, Jehst - And a majority of them are underground..But they do have some good lyrics..

And tha person who mentioned that shit about glocks and gats..Nahh i don't think no one does that around here now..Its all about life and struggles..Any ways

That's my 2 pence..Laterz..

Dont need to be in 'telephone booths' to show ya a phoney with sublime fears,
Can't pass me!, I'll give ya mind block to prove ya stuck on one 'Idea'!...

Send a message via AIM to Idea   Reply With Quote