RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-05, 07:53 AM   #1
Idea
New to RV

IP:

Ahh man..This thread i was expecting to find somewhere here..

"Accents":

What tha fuck y'all sayin with this..You can't understand or it sounds funny..That's either because 1.) You cannot communicate with foreign people and only hear people from your own country or 2.) You are a deaf fuck with a hearing problem. Some of you understand the accent yet some of you don't - Whats tha deal with that?..Anyways on this..I think accent shouldn't matter because it is natural and something which cannot be changed unlike flow or rhyme scheme.

"Production"

I think the U.S is on top of this ATM..Partly because they have been in the game longer than us UK cats..Tha UK is still there producing hot ish..And is always improving

"Lyrical Quality"

Pff..Even from what i think..Look here - US has cats like Canibus, Technique, Kass, Nas - Which are exceptionally talented with lyrics..But so does UK..They have people like Klash, Low Key, Kyza, Jehst - And a majority of them are underground..But they do have some good lyrics..

And tha person who mentioned that shit about glocks and gats..Nahh i don't think no one does that around here now..Its all about life and struggles..Any ways

That's my 2 pence..Laterz..

Dont need to be in 'telephone booths' to show ya a phoney with sublime fears,
Can't pass me!, I'll give ya mind block to prove ya stuck on one 'Idea'!...

Send a message via AIM to Idea   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-05, 07:53 AM   #2
E.C
Evolution

IP:

efecx your are the most annoying person on this board i hope u get blown up by the i.r.a or suttin..

but yeh anywayz i dont listen to no u.k person that spits ganstar rap.. coz none of them do.. listen to some of the songs n u'll see. u,.k rappers are more intelligent than u.s rappers. n show that in their songs, personally i think some of the beats are better.. chck all of pharrels new sonas.. the beats are shit.

..Open Mics..
Old 11-06-05, 07:56 AM   #4
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP:

Fuck US speaking and UK speaking shit.

Listen to Daddy Yankee, his accent is the shit kids.
Old 11-06-05, 08:33 AM   #5
King Solo
Skadoosh!

IP:

^^ Lol, word.

Its better than people thinking I'm Atticus, lol.

Paddies are gangster though, I have a few paddy friends and they are fucking nutters.
Old 11-06-05, 10:24 AM   #7
leady
Addicted

IP:

"whereas the UK rap tends to be its own style which is "Garage". "

are you serious??? first off... the garage/so solid crew era died time ago, and evolved into grime music... and secondly UK hip hop is different to garage... the thing is with our scene... most of it doesnt want to be attatched with crews/people like roll deep because it doesnt represent what our scene and culture is really like... if you want real UK MC's then like one mic said... fuck ya roll deep e.t.c... peep harry love, klash, kyza(or tracks by terrafirma spittin as a crew rather than solo joint), out da ville, poisonous poets(reveal, lowkey e.t.c), jehst, yungun, lewis parker, rodney p, braintax, roots manuva, genesis elijah, foriegn beggars, taskforce, mystro, doc brown, phi life cypher, moorish delta 7, manage, syanyde, conflix, blade, black twang, hoodz underground... man the list is endless
Old 11-06-05, 11:16 AM   #8
J.D
One Mic

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by leady
"whereas the UK rap tends to be its own style which is "Garage". "

are you serious??? first off... the garage/so solid crew era died time ago, and evolved into grime music... and secondly UK hip hop is different to garage... the thing is with our scene... most of it doesnt want to be attatched with crews/people like roll deep because it doesnt represent what our scene and culture is really like... if you want real UK MC's then like one mic said... fuck ya roll deep e.t.c... peep harry love, klash, kyza(or tracks by terrafirma spittin as a crew rather than solo joint), out da ville, poisonous poets(reveal, lowkey e.t.c), jehst, yungun, lewis parker, rodney p, braintax, roots manuva, genesis elijah, foriegn beggars, taskforce, mystro, doc brown, phi life cypher, moorish delta 7, manage, syanyde, conflix, blade, black twang, hoodz underground... man the list is endless

werd to that leady. these haters are just ratin UK hip-hop from the mainstream grime shit they've hurd like roll deep and dizzee rascal. real uk hip-hop is easily just as gud as US hip-hop
Old 11-06-05, 11:23 AM   #9
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP:

I like grime to,

gets you hyped in clubs.
Old 11-06-05, 11:27 AM   #10
J.D
One Mic

IP:

yer man i like grime aswell. kano-P's & Q's woz fuckin hot, so woz POW! by lethal B. that Southside track by the southside allstars is gud aswell
Old 11-06-05, 11:28 AM   #11
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP:

Nothin gets you buzzin like POW.
Old 11-06-05, 11:58 AM   #12
Indeph
Not_Indeph

IP:

Do ya'll know why some US rappers rap about guns? CAuse thats all we fuckin see here. Go to a hood area. Guns guns and gangs. I'm sure somebody was bound to talk about it sooner or later.
Old 11-06-05, 12:02 PM   #13
chronix
Light Weight

IP:

So you're saying there are absolutely NOOO U.K mc's that talk about guns, fucking bitches or materialism?

And once again, even though there are a lot of mainstream cats talking about that stuff here, there are also a lot talking about other stuff, so calm down with that "U.S has a bunch of meaningless lyrics" type shit.
Old 11-06-05, 02:49 PM   #14
leady
Addicted

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronix
So you're saying there are absolutely NOOO U.K mc's that talk about guns, fucking bitches or materialism?

And once again, even though there are a lot of mainstream cats talking about that stuff here, there are also a lot talking about other stuff, so calm down with that "U.S has a bunch of meaningless lyrics" type shit.

first off.. i never said there isnt ANY of that shit here.... when u look at the ones doin the @club@ tracks, it isnt uk hip hop... its grime, the new age garage(why u people cant understand the difference between uk hip hop and garage i really dont know)

and we do get people tlkin bout the streets here but not in a way like americans do... americans promote that shit, but the UK heads tend to talk about in in an educational way or in a way that describes what its like, but not like we hear from americans bein like "ima shoot you in the face" type shit jus to fit the image.... n the only tracks ive heard in UK bout fuckin girls are done with humour to them but i havent heard that many tracks with that vibe.

also, i never once said that americans never talk about stuff other than guns e.t.c.... but that is what most of the ones with any kind of status talk about.. and for the record, i come from an area faced with gangs, drugs, guns and violence... ive been stabbed, and had a gun to my face, but u dnt hear me playin that played out bullshit character in my music do you??? no, exactly