RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-06, 01:41 PM   #1
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by schema
canibus is fucking trash...

listening to his music is like reading some gay ass emo poems on myspace...

i can see him curled up in his room with a dictionary jacking off and just using all the random words his nut lands on to make a verse...

vocab?...who the fuck cares
imagery?...wtf? IMAGERY? THESE ARE SONGS NOT FUCKING POEMS...

he has zero catchy songs ever...ill buss em you punish em is ALRIGHT just because rakim jumps on it and saves it from being another wack ass canibus song...

you could be the only guy in the middle of a bisexual girl orgy and if you popped in a canibus cd youd be jacking off that night...

canibus is music for people that have never been to a club or party that sit on their computer all fucking day and do nothing else but somehow think they're cooler than everyone else...riiiiiight...his cd's are like 80 minute sleeping pills...

if you throw on some canibus for 100 people that have never heard it MAYBE two people will like it...maybe...and they would be the fat guy that kinda smells like cheese and the emo girl with the frizzy black hair that always has unexplained cuts on her arms and legs...

any time someone tells me they like canibus theyre suspect...if they tell me hes their favorite rapper...wait thats never happenned anywhere except...ON A COMPUTER...damn this shit is all starting to make sense...if canibus is your favorite rapper you need to get out more...find some music that makes you want to do something other than kill yourself...maybe *gasp* dance a little bit...maybe *double gasp* get laid...then come home and try to listen to your canibus cd's...

WHOA wait...no not the trash...cd's are plastic man recycle them...

correction.... any REAL LYRICIST likes Canibus because that's what his focus is... the way he says shyt and how he says it is what appeals to kats that like Bis... I personally think the dude is dope... agreed.. he can't make an album that i'd listen to over and over again... but that's mainly a production thing... face it... he's beats usually suck ass.

the dude actually has a science degree... and is deep into computers so he has an intelligence not normally found in the average street rapper. if we all just did shyt that ended up in clubs then hip-hop would not be at the point it is today... suppose we all still rapped like kool moe dee or sugar hill gang... rap woulda died when they predicted it like 20 years ago...

case and point... dude is a lyricist... not a rapper... lyricists actually think about what they are saying and have some type of meaning behind why and how they say shyt... a rapper is a conformist who does things mainly because they wanna be accepted....

and for the record.... canibus can do commercial tracks if he really wanted to go that route... that track he did called "Into You" is a prime example... if you don't like him then fine... but don't try and say everyone else who likes him is wrong for doing so... hell, i don't like polka music or folklore but you don't hear me going around knocking other folks who do...

just sumn to think about... and i ain't one of them fat dudes you described or a comp geek... i just love hip-hop

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 01:44 PM   #2
schema
howdy

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I.G.
correction.... any REAL LYRICIST likes Canibus because that's what his focus is... the way he says shyt and how he says it is what appeals to kats that like Bis... I personally think the dude is dope... agreed.. he can't make an album that i'd listen to over and over again... but that's mainly a production thing... face it... he's beats usually suck ass.

the dude actually has a science degree... and is deep into computers so he has an intelligence not normally found in the average street rapper. if we all just did shyt that ended up in clubs then hip-hop would not be at the point it is today... suppose we all still rapped like kool moe dee or sugar hill gang... rap woulda died when they predicted it like 20 years ago...

case and point... dude is a lyricist... not a rapper... lyricists actually think about what they are saying and have some type of meaning behind why and how they say shyt... a rapper is a conformist who does things mainly because they wanna be accepted....

and for the record.... canibus can do commercial tracks if he really wanted to go that route... that track he did called "Into You" is a prime example... if you don't like him then fine... but don't try and say everyone else who likes him is wrong for doing so... hell, i don't like polka music or folklore but you don't hear me going around knocking other folks who do...

just sumn to think about... and i ain't one of them fat dudes you described or a comp geek... i just love hip-hop

nah...he's a poet that writes dark emo-like poems...

which is fine...

until he starts rasping them over some shit ass beats and tries to call it hip hop...

just because something is hard to understand doesnt mean its special...

"Frank White the menacin, chron chron's the medicine....
I got the lettuce and...
...you turn green like cucumber skin
Got the new hummer in the summer when I was a new comer then...
drugs and mac-10's...hugs from fake friends..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
i'm not attracted to women...
Send a message via AIM to schema   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 02:52 PM   #3
Compose

IP:

Quote:
nah...he's a poet that writes dark emo-like poems...

which is fine...

until he starts rasping them over some shit ass beats and tries to call it hip hop...

just because something is hard to understand doesnt mean its special...

1. quote where bis writes 'emo-like poems', i'd like to see you try and do that
2. emo=emotional, ANYBODY that writes ANYTHING even remotely emotional can be considered emo, sad, happy, etc. theyre ALL emo because theyre emotions...the only reason people like you give this title to canibus is because hes underground
3. maybe its hard to understand because you're too stupid to know wtf hes talking about, read a book, open your mind, look up the type of shit he talks about,...then listen to canibus, dmx, ll cool j, rakim, redman<they all like/liked canibus and respect him... now you gonna say theyre all nerds? fuck outa here...smarten up your brain and you may be able to understand him, those 'big' words he uses he knows the meaning of because he doesnt jus insert them in random places his lines make sense, just because you like to shake your ass and jump around like a little girl for women in clubs doesnt mean everyone else wants to do that, everyone has their own taste but you absolutely cant say canibus is wack if you do you're just a hater who's too dumb to understand shit
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus
Old 08-25-06, 12:41 PM   #4
SINISTER
Under Oath

IP:

some of you like em, some dont....Period
Vs Mystic
Send a message via AIM to SINISTER   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 01:28 PM   #5
ILL GEE

IP:

short and sweet... Em is a beast.... he's proved it time and time again... he never claimed to be the best... i ain't claiming he's da best... but his talent speaks for itself... originally i was a em hater when the first album came out... all i could think about was Vanilla Ice reborn... but... dude proved me wrong... he got crazy skills and it don't matter if ya black, white, asian, latino, or from the non-planet of pluto... if a dude is ill with the verbage ya gotta give up da props...

at least em has variety on his side... listen to his tracks and tell me how many actually sound the same... unlike other artist that get a formula and just run with it til there's nothing left... but boredom!

CLICK DA SIGGY

Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 01:58 PM   #6
ILL GEE

IP:

never said it was hard to understand... ok... do you like pac?... he's a poet... so you saying pac ain't hip-hop too right? let's call it what it is... most lyricists ARE poets... most rappers are rhymers.... rhymers are hiphop?... if that's the case then DR Seuss is prolly the most succesful hip hop artist in history!

CLICK DA SIGGY

Old 08-25-06, 02:27 PM   #7
chip
pain is weakness leaving the body

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
I mean seriously, he has the greatest lyrics EVER heard. He has underground and mainstream success. He's original, has humor, storytelling, and the best delivery/flow/ anything in the game. I've tried my BEST to figure out why people can say he's wack. Please humor me on how he's not the best. PLEASE.

i'd never call Em whack, but he does have a bunch of ppl on his dick, sayin he's the best ever and shit... i've heard murda mook, spit multi's and punches just as good as Eminem, but he gets hated on too... it's just ur opinion... to call one person the best lyricist ever is irresponsible and in my opinion, downright ignorant... everyone has their strong points and things they can improve on... for instance, when Em battles, and the other guy tries to jump in, Em'll spit a couple whack filler lines when he's runnin low on gas so he can think of somethin ill to say... no hate, but ppl are on his wood too much... he's only a man, tho, and i don't care if he's white, black or purple, no one is supreme over everyone, that's why he didn't win the rap olympics...

"I don't want to be deep... I want to feel deep and use that feeling to express depth itself..."
-Konchance

my poetry:
untitled
Send a message via AIM to chip   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 02:27 PM   #8
schema
howdy

IP:

this is the part where you start making flawed comparisons and ridiculous assertions to try to swing the argument back into your favor...

2pac was a poet...but he was a rapper-poet...he didnt write poems he wrote rap songs....deep profound rap songs...but also simple and easily understandable rap songs...he rapped for everyday people that struggled and could relate to him...plus he was good at rapping...all aspects of it...good voice good flow good delivery good emotion good rhymes...

canibus writes for...i dunno...he writes ridiculously complicated and hard to understand shit that even his fans admit you have to look up to completely get...he writes poems (not rap songs...POEMS) and then says them angrily over a beat...he is not good at rapping at all...basically the only thing that he has going for him is that he can write shit most people dont understand and in America if we dont understand someone we assume theyre smarter than us...

"Frank White the menacin, chron chron's the medicine....
I got the lettuce and...
...you turn green like cucumber skin
Got the new hummer in the summer when I was a new comer then...
drugs and mac-10's...hugs from fake friends..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
i'm not attracted to women...
Send a message via AIM to schema   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-06, 05:29 PM   #9
ILL GEE

IP:

Quote:
this is the part where you start making flawed comparisons and ridiculous assertions to try to swing the argument back into your favor...

2pac was a poet...but he was a rapper-poet...he didnt write poems he wrote rap songs....deep profound rap songs...but also simple and easily understandable rap songs...he rapped for everyday people that struggled and could relate to him...plus he was good at rapping...all aspects of it...good voice good flow good delivery good emotion good rhymes...

canibus writes for...i dunno...he writes ridiculously complicated and hard to understand shit that even his fans admit you have to look up to completely get...he writes poems (not rap songs...POEMS) and then says them angrily over a beat...he is not good at rapping at all...basically the only thing that he has going for him is that he can write shit most people dont understand and in America if we dont understand someone we assume theyre smarter than us...

ok... look at the two bolded areas and then tell me what's wrong with that statement... either he was a poet or he wasn't... ask any real pac fan... they'll tell you he was a poet... did you even read the rose that grew from concrete?.. most of that shyt is poetry... if you went to a real slam you would understand that the same shyt pac wrote about is the same shyt they do at slams all across the united states... the only difference between what you say pac does and what canibus does is the inflection of the voice... "canibus sounds angry".. ok... he's a battle rapper... that's his comfort zone... he also had toned down tracks that you're forgetting about... he's talked about his birth, getting at a chick on some smooth shyt, and even got a joint called "Here for Free" (chick from 106 and Park)...

Read any book or watch any documentary written about Pac and they all say the same thing... he was a poet... you can't argue with facts... they even have his "POEMS" written throughout various books... so you saying that i'm swaying things to fit what i'm saying is kinda ridiculous... the proof is out there

i'm comparing apples to apples here... Pac was a smart dude... he was into the whole numbers thing... that whole Makaveli album is a prime example of that.... look how many kats learned about Makaveli because of that album... Canibus does the same shyt on that intellectual level and dudes like you start hating on him...

let's be real here... if he did some of them candy ass club songs for a whole album you'd probably be his biggest fan... but the minute someone tries to show you something more than that... and that you can actually learn something... people start getting all crazy like educational shyt is the devil and coming to destroy us all...

KNOWLEDGE is not a disease... I only WISH it was contagious!

CLICK DA SIGGY

Old 08-25-06, 04:29 PM   #10
Revenant
New to RV

IP:

he's not the best cuz he's inconsistent, e.g Fack, that crap where he made fun of Michael Jackson, Ass Like That, Without Me, etc.

Although, that said when he has his moments, they are GOAT.
Old 08-25-06, 08:15 PM   #11
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP:

Eminem could never be the best, cause not everyone feels he's tha best. If you geel he's tha best...that's on you...

I personally say Jay-Z is tha best EVER!

And this is a long thread..
Old 08-25-06, 09:07 PM   #12
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

IP:

*sigh* I guess I'll add to this. I read about 4 pages and got bored. Anyway I feel what Ys is saying, but with most of his 'garbage' you can blantantly tell it is a joke. Like with 'My Band' it was made in response to critics saying that D12 was only successful because of Em. Now instead of going to the magazines and such, he got them together and made a satirical song playing along with the idea. Or with Ass Like That. He said himself that he used Triumpph because 1,. He punched it at that one award show, and 2, Anythin Triumph said gets laughed at, no matter how offensive or hurtful, because it's a puppet and taken as a joke regardless. So he took Triumph and said the most degrading shit he could about womne, knowing that it'd be taken as a joke. But for every 'stupid' song, there's a Rock Bottom. Or Encore. Or Yellow Brick Road. I like him because he has a humourous side, and a real side. I know I sometimes do a 'stupid' song, but those make me happy. When I'm pissed or whatever I'll throw on a song I recorded about flying monkeys and bananas and I'll say 'What the fuck was I on?' and laugh. Not all hip hop hasto sound 'underground' or have the best lyrics or vocab. As long as it makes the listener feel what the writer felt when they wrote it. Now I don't think Em is the best, partly because there can be no 'best', and because I haven't heard every rapper ever. But in my experiences with Em's songs I think he's great and love his music, even to the point that I got into writing, seeing how people will sometimes take to a nonsense song like 'Real Slim Shady' or 'My Name Is' or something.
Send a message via AIM to p4ntzistheish Send a message via MSN to p4ntzistheish   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-06, 01:36 AM   #13
JTR
Jack The Ripper

IP:

He's not the best cuz Immortal Technique is better, and then some others. But he can be one of the best, top.10
Old 08-26-06, 04:59 PM   #14
Jay Rose
I don't lose

IP:

i personally do think em is the best...simply cuz when he was 'underground' he was loved by the underground....when he made the transition to mainstream he made the transition to mainstream n the mainstream loved him.....(where canibus failed) and hes done most if it with a i dont give a fuck attitude meaning he would make a song just cus he thought of the idea not thinking or caring abuot how people would feel about it...and it still sold.....if you want to make arguments about his skill, go cop the infinate album......then you can shut up and start singing it.....
also i respect him as the greatest becuase he isnt one dimensonal....subject matter first...hes gone from love to sex to killing, to drugs, to politics to anything....few if any others can claim that, i know jay-z cant.....second the rapping......from voices of a girl to anything...triumph, mockin canibus' voice in the can i bitch song...and anything
3rd with emotion....anyone want to come back with me and listen to KIM....my god the rap song with the most emotion in my opinion....you really felt his pain and suffering throughout the song....
hes simply the best because if you put him in any arena of rap, any subject area any style.....he has already been there, and owned it.....
so yep eminem = best

well i thought about the army
dad said, son you're fucking high
and i thought, yeah there's a first for everything
so i took my old man's advice
three sad semesters
it was only fifteen grand spent in bed
i thought about the army
i dropped out and joined a band instead

Old 08-26-06, 05:29 PM   #15
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

IP:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Default
i personally do think em is the best...simply cuz when he was 'underground' he was loved by the underground....when he made the transition to mainstream he made the transition to mainstream n the mainstream loved him.....(where canibus failed) and hes done most if it with a i dont give a fuck attitude meaning he would make a song just cus he thought of the idea not thinking or caring abuot how people would feel about it...and it still sold.....if you want to make arguments about his skill, go cop the infinate album......then you can shut up and start singing it.....
also i respect him as the greatest becuase he isnt one dimensonal....subject matter first...hes gone from love to sex to killing, to drugs, to politics to anything....few if any others can claim that, i know jay-z cant.....second the rapping......from voices of a girl to anything...triumph, mockin canibus' voice in the can i bitch song...and anything
3rd with emotion....anyone want to come back with me and listen to KIM....my god the rap song with the most emotion in my opinion....you really felt his pain and suffering throughout the song....
hes simply the best because if you put him in any arena of rap, any subject area any style.....he has already been there, and owned it.....
so yep eminem = best

i don't think you know anything about music...eminem IS good...but half the reason he's as hyped and as famous as he is..is because he's white..it's his color..."or unless you gon turn my facial tissue into a racial tissue" people would rip on in battles...and he used that to his advantage...and it was something new, because there hadn't been a whole lot of good white battle rappers before that....and he has the i don't give a fuck attitude? yeah right..that's what he wants you to think...if he didn't give a fuck..he would have gotten 2-3 jobs like most people to support the daughter he loves, instead, he stuck with rap.....and did everything he could to get paid..while maintaining some level or originality...people think he didn't give a fuck because of how controversial he was...when yet, THAT is what sold his records..and dre knew it from day 1.........and eminem is good for an emotional rapper.....however...he doesn't have a clue when it comes to politics...and sounds like an ignorant fool in most of his political based songs....he also doesn't have any positive, uplifting type music, which is fine because this isn't christian rap here obviously..but thats another area he's never covered....he hasn't even come close to covering every area...and the areas he has....he hasn't been the best at

Time is not long, and indecision is hells cemment. So the well is rented, untill heaven is relevant. Untill then, to be eloquent, sex cells, so le'ts cellibate.

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote