RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Archives > RV Awards
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-06, 10:05 AM   #76
Mentalz
The Topical Juggernaut

Text Record: 6-3
IP: D35B 3F85

Stop riding mod dicks, shit aint hard and they'd be on RV regardless.

-=Respect List=-
Crhyme Sindicate

The unexamined life is not worth living.
Send a message via AIM to Mentalz   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-06, 12:55 PM   #77
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 37C8 E2AE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus
I've gotta just prop Mim for a second. Hes gotta put up with alot of stupid bull shit in regards to this forum. In terms of bitching about threads being closed... Why would it matter, if you're trying to vote immidiatly after the last months awards then you're just telecasting a dick vote and your shit shouldnt even be aloud to vote anymore. All I wanted to say... Stay up Mim.

hol on there atty... i ain't bitchin'..... if you noticed.... i've probably never posted in this forum.... i addressed an issue with relevant points and it went ignored.... i didn't even get an IM or an explanation... the whole award thing is secondary...i could care less... but if you gonna mod a forum and kats ask you a question backed with why they feel a certain way then they should at least get an answer and not ignored completely....feel me? i never once rated his mod abilities and as far as i can tell by everyone's comments he may even be doing a great job... but that doesn't mean ignore the people who are also trying to keep the site from going to shyt... all i wanted was an answer or explanation on how things are decided... really, what's the criteria?just votes by a bunch of dickriding circle jerk netcees? actual skill of both competitors? closeness of the battles? i mean really...no one knows what the standards are... how can anyone really hope to compete or get to where they need to be if they are left in the dark from the get go?..sheesh.... throw a nukka a bone or sumn....look at the stats for those who win..... most of the winners are dudes that been here since the site went up... and i definitely seen some new kats come through that had skills to rival and sometimes destroy some of the older kats.... thing is... if they don't post 50 times a day or drop 25 tracks in a month, no matter how mediocre, then they go unnoticed... anyways, if he is doing a stand up job then kudos to him... just remember the "little guys".... solmetimes all they need is an answer

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-06, 05:31 PM   #78
GeDa Beast
Middle Weight

IP: 4AD5 0FA9

me and lady fiyas's battle is the dopest this month
easy
http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=219611
Old 01-16-06, 05:54 PM   #79
~Lady Fiya~
~*Duchess of Metaphors*~

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 7AD2 3C06

^Possibly. Nobody even battles in the audio forum much any more.
Old 01-16-06, 07:40 PM   #80
Magic5

IP: 4AF5 0BD9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
I hate to be a pain, but, why is it that the awards for "audio head" and "best track" aren't detailed? I checked the other awards and something was said about either the person or the piece that won. What's the deal?

eeeh

Are you fucking retarded? I said I'm trying to "revamp" all of the award forums, but that shit takes like, 2 hours of my time that I have to do in one sitting or else everything would be completely out of order. We're in the middle of doing it. Look at Poetic Scripture and Open Mic. They're not done either. Just wait.
Old 01-16-06, 07:45 PM   #81
Magic5

IP: 4AF5 0BD9

Quote:
Originally Posted by <)-(>
hol on there atty... i ain't bitchin'..... if you noticed.... i've probably never posted in this forum.... i addressed an issue with relevant points and it went ignored.... i didn't even get an IM or an explanation... the whole award thing is secondary...i could care less... but if you gonna mod a forum and kats ask you a question backed with why they feel a certain way then they should at least get an answer and not ignored completely....feel me? i never once rated his mod abilities and as far as i can tell by everyone's comments he may even be doing a great job... but that doesn't mean ignore the people who are also trying to keep the site from going to shyt... all i wanted was an answer or explanation on how things are decided... really, what's the criteria?just votes by a bunch of dickriding circle jerk netcees? actual skill of both competitors? closeness of the battles? i mean really...no one knows what the standards are... how can anyone really hope to compete or get to where they need to be if they are left in the dark from the get go?..sheesh.... throw a nukka a bone or sumn....look at the stats for those who win..... most of the winners are dudes that been here since the site went up... and i definitely seen some new kats come through that had skills to rival and sometimes destroy some of the older kats.... thing is... if they don't post 50 times a day or drop 25 tracks in a month, no matter how mediocre, then they go unnoticed... anyways, if he is doing a stand up job then kudos to him... just remember the "little guys".... solmetimes all they need is an answer

Dude, it's pretty self explanatory. We open up threads for nominations. People vote on who they think was the best in the given category. We tally the votes. We make the threads in the appropriate forums. Tell me how the fuck it's my fault that new people don't get noticed? My vote in these awards counts as one, just like everybody elses. If the tally, at the end of the month, is for somebody who's been here a while, what do you think I'm going to do? Say, "Sorry, but this guy was better then you in my opinion." THAT would be impartial, biased, and I'd be demodded. You should remind the site of the "little guys," not me.
Old 01-16-06, 10:21 PM   #82
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 1ADC A69C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimesis
Are you fucking retarded? I said I'm trying to "revamp" all of the award forums, but that shit takes like, 2 hours of my time that I have to do in one sitting or else everything would be completely out of order. We're in the middle of doing it. Look at Poetic Scripture and Open Mic. They're not done either. Just wait.

No, I'm not retarded but the way the awards went down this month is awful. I won "Best Audio Head" for December and it's as if it doesn't even count for jack. I see the thread for January up and running. That's nice. I hope whoever wins that one gets better treatment than those of us who won for December.

Terrible
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-06, 10:29 PM   #83
Magic5

IP: E174 C2D5

Dude, I just fucking said I was going to get around to it. I'm sorry I can't make your life better before I update everything else. Fucking Jesus. You're a peice of shit, for real.
Old 01-16-06, 10:31 PM   #84
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 1ADC A69C

Quote:
Dude, I just fucking said I was going to get around to it. I'm sorry I can't make your life better before I update everything else. Fucking Jesus. You're a peice of shit, for real.

Just do what's right and I won't have a problem with you.

Nuff said.
Old 01-26-06, 05:08 PM   #85
ILL GEE
ILL GRAMMATIX... any other questions?

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 0420 40F9

Quote:
Dude, it's pretty self explanatory. We open up threads for nominations. People vote on who they think was the best in the given category. We tally the votes. We make the threads in the appropriate forums. Tell me how the fuck it's my fault that new people don't get noticed? My vote in these awards counts as one, just like everybody elses. If the tally, at the end of the month, is for somebody who's been here a while, what do you think I'm going to do? Say, "Sorry, but this guy was better then you in my opinion." THAT would be impartial, biased, and I'd be demodded. You should remind the site of the "little guys," not me.

lol...you reading way too much into this... my beef was with going ignored.... damn the awards.... like i said... i could care less.... i'm just saying it's disrespectful to just ig a dude completely without saying nothing when a question is asked.... no one asked you to be biased or none of that.... just respond when kats ask questions instead of ignoring them like they don't exist... and for the record, i'm not new... been on this site for 2 years now

CLICK DA SIGGY

"real recognize real but still others remain jaded
believing bullshit accounts of how "so-and-so" made it
there's a formula for gimmick emcees that are over-rated:
wackness created... payola paid it... and radio overplayed it"
Send a message via AIM to ILL GEE Send a message via Yahoo to ILL GEE   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-06, 04:55 PM   #86
Adam

Text Record: 28-0
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: F019 583F

Shouldn't the awards be closed for January?
Old 02-10-06, 09:48 PM   #87
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

awards are a debacle

Old 02-10-06, 09:50 PM   #88
KnUcKeLs
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-1
IP: 7BE2 A0A1

shut ur face u fuckin fagget!@

Knuckels. I got a hell of a hand, u still developin man.//
I'll have you leavin' the ring lookin' like the elephant man.//

Old 02-11-06, 01:15 PM   #89
Dervla
Poet's Daughter.

IP: ACAF CCE3

It seems to me the awards thing just died out...Maybe you should have it atleast every 2 Months. When there's more choices and shit.

ITawAPuddyKat: Yeah, I guess. But I won't be a Lesbo for life.
Smartone Freal: oh so u DO have plans of turnin str8
ITawAPuddyKat: Well Yes, Yes I do.
Smartone Freal:
ITawAPuddyKat: Lol, all smiles aren't we? Lol
Smartone Freal: lol yea i cant hide what i think bout u
Smartone Freal:
ITawAPuddyKat: ...Oh, what DO you think about me? Lol
Smartone Freal: lol sorry thats private
ITawAPuddyKat: EWWWWWWW..*Sigged*
Send a message via AIM to Dervla   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-06, 10:08 PM   #90
atti?

IP: 7BE2 A0A1

*Shakes Head* Wow, the majority of you in this thread are stupid as hell... Your bitching CLEEEEEEEARLY doesn't get anything done any faster, so just shut up. If you all weren't so fucking retarded you'd be trying to think of ways to help Mim out so that the awards COULD get posted and closed on time rather then filling up threads with stupid remarks that are never even going to phase or create any type of action on behalf of the mod. Mim, I see you're having trouble keeping up so if you'd like I could do the write ups describing who won what and how shit went down in the little summaries and I can keep track and tally votes during voting so that all you really have to do its open/close and officialize threads. That way you don't even have to make me mod. If you think that would help at all feel free to Pm me and we can work something out.

Last edited by Atticus : 02-11-06 at 10:11 PM.