RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-05, 03:05 AM   #1
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
Just think..

IP: 0825 899A

Aight I was watchin a Dave Chappelle stand up on comedy central just now. He said something that really made me think. "Keepin it real isn't a term used alot around the white community". And that killed me cause its true. Now if you think about it, if you a black dude you either a sellout uncle tom, or a criminal. No joke. I think it was marv jay that said "rap will forever stay in the hood, burb niggas is pussy". I mean seriously, ghetto pride is cool, but when it gets to the point where success is frowned upon its sickening. Musically the term 'real nigga' is said alot. So what the fuck is a 'real nigga'? They use it on 2pac and young jeezy. I never once heard them refer to kweli as a real nigga. This is what hip hop has done to us. We've accepted our faults and even created an emotional barrier to even be a man. Bill Cosby told us the ugly truth and the white media made us look stupid and the black media made him a bad guy. STOP FUCKIN' USING SUCCESS AS A DISADVANTAGE. I saw spul's thread and people actually sayin' shit about him not being able to rap cause he rich. Listen successful people should be admired not hated. I'm no where near successful, but thats a GOAL. Stop accepting your low rank and strive to become better. That's all I got to say.. for now at least.

Last edited by -Indeph- : 10-23-05 at 10:49 PM.
Old 10-23-05, 04:51 AM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 0A00 A919

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Indeph-
Aight I was watchin a Dave Chappelle stand up on comedy central just now. He said something that really made me think. "Keepin it real isn't a term used alot around the white community". And that killed me cause its true. Now if you think about it, if you a black dude you either a sellout uncle tom, or a criminal. No joke. I think it was marv jay that said "rap will forever stay in the hood, burb niggas is pussy". I mean seriously, ghetto pride is cool, but when it gets to the point where success is frowned upon its sickening. Musically the term 'real nigga' is said alot. So what the fuck is a 'real nigga'? They use it on 2pac and young jeezy. I never once heard them refer to kweli as a real nigga. This is what hip hop has done to us. We've accepted our faults and even created an emotional barrier to even be a man. Bill Cosby told us the ugly truth and the white media made us look stupid and the black media made him a bad guy. STOP FUCKIN' USING SUCCESS AS A DISADVANTAGE. I saw spul's thread and people actually sayin' shit about him not being able to rap cause he rich. Listen successful people should be admired not hated. I'm no where near successful, but thats a GOAL. Stop accepting your low rank and strive to become better. That's all I got to say.. for now at least.

Interesting post... For starters, spul is rich cause his parents are succesful, not him. I just wanted to get that out of the way before I respond to the rest of the post...

What your talking about here actually relates directly to something I really stand for as a rap artist.. I feel its a big steriotype for rappers and fans of rap to take on the image of a criminal or gangsta. Personally I been involved in some pretty big time criminal shit in my life.. And one thing I want to teach people with my music and speech is that crime is NOT glamorous.. The exact image so many people who enjoy rap music aspire to these days is fundementally flawed. Its not cool to be a gangsta or criminal and people who do the shit do it because they have no other avenue to take. Thing is, these days thats pop culture and everyone wants a peice to try and live up to steriotypes of whats considered 'cool'.

I tell you straight up... The day I started rapping, was the day I stopped selling guns AND also the day my life started to get on track. People these days live WAY too much for the NOW as opposed to working towards creating a good legacy to leave after you enter the transition of death.

People that aspire to be criminals and gangstas have very weak outlooks on what life is actually about and to let this steriotype become the forefront of pop culture is why human beings are lacking in intelligence so much within earth's population that the superior few are able to control large masses of public stupidity with their ability to see through the bullshit they are fed by devices such as all forms of media and influencial large corperation giants.

Humans need a big change in the way we look at life. This will come through large scale war. And it will happen within our lifetimes.

Mark my words.
Old 10-23-05, 10:35 AM   #3
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 05CC A0B1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Interesting post... For starters, spul is rich cause his parents are succesful, not him. I just wanted to get that out of the way before I respond to the rest of the post...

What your talking about here actually relates directly to something I really stand for as a rap artist.. I feel its a big steriotype for rappers and fans of rap to take on the image of a criminal or gangsta. Personally I been involved in some pretty big time criminal shit in my life.. And one thing I want to teach people with my music and speech is that crime is NOT glamorous.. The exact image so many people who enjoy rap music aspire to these days is fundementally flawed. Its not cool to be a gangsta or criminal and people who do the shit do it because they have no other avenue to take. Thing is, these days thats pop culture and everyone wants a peice to try and live up to steriotypes of whats considered 'cool'.

I tell you straight up... The day I started rapping, was the day I stopped selling guns AND also the day my life started to get on track. People these days live WAY too much for the NOW as opposed to working towards creating a good legacy to leave after you enter the transition of death.

People that aspire to be criminals and gangstas have very weak outlooks on what life is actually about and to let this steriotype become the forefront of pop culture is why human beings are lacking in intelligence so much within earth's population that the superior few are able to control large masses of public stupidity with their ability to see through the bullshit they are fed by devices such as all forms of media and influencial large corperation giants.

Humans need a big change in the way we look at life. This will come through large scale war. And it will happen within our lifetimes.

Mark my words.

word, i'm basically broke. lol but my parents ain't just get the money, they got it from workin' hard and studyin' hard. So they earned what they got. So I don't know why people should hate on that. and yea, hip-hop shouldn't matter what background or how much money you got. It should only matter about the music you make

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-05, 10:36 AM   #4
J. Luth
I see dumb people

http://community.rapverse.com/showp...54&postcount=78

^i guess those are the types of posts you're getting at indeph

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 10-23-05, 10:43 AM   #5
ksr
Middle Weight

Graphics Record: 11-4
IP: 49FB B804

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Indeph-

*looks at name* *looks at user title*
Old 10-23-05, 11:01 AM   #6
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 0A00 A919

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's SPuL!
word, i'm basically broke. lol but my parents ain't just get the money, they got it from workin' hard and studyin' hard. So they earned what they got. So I don't know why people should hate on that. and yea, hip-hop shouldn't matter what background or how much money you got. It should only matter about the music you make

In rap music it does..

A character is defined by occurances in ones life that test their boundrys. People with good upbringings usually lack on experience of bad times that build character. People with parents that support them all their lives, havnt lived to see hard times like others have...

Now I dont know you as a person... But comming from the upbringing you have, money has probably never been much of an issue to you... Comming from a poor upbringing myself, my family struggles to make payments for us to keep this place we live in... I have been through times where I'm so damn broke I just get so angry I feel like literally blowing up.. I have straight up knocked someone out because they said something stupid to me on a bad day more than once... That is the type of shit you wouldnt have experienced because youve always been secure money wise and in the position that you dont have to worry yourself about a lot.

Rich kids sometimes have problems like....... Their parents dont pay much attention to them.... But a lot of the time, rich kids are unrealistic little shitty spoilt brats.... Which is why your average rich kid doesent fit into rap where you need to be very down to earth and have actually been through hard times climbing from the absolute bottom to the top making songs that represent what YOU seen as a person and YOUR struggles in order to help other people going through the exact same shit.... And at the same time sell to a bunch of punk ass wanna-be's that buy your shit cause they think it sounds cool......

If your really interested in not becomming a rich kid trynna rap steriotype..

Go leave your home, get a job and stay in a poor part of town for a while... You might get killed or robbed a lot cause of naievity.... But hey, some people have no choice but to adapt to that type of surrounding. You should think yourself lucky to be rich.... But rapping is something that might be beyond you....

Just a word of warning.
Old 10-23-05, 11:36 AM   #7
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
In rap music it does..

A character is defined by occurances in ones life that test their boundrys. People with good upbringings usually lack on experience of bad times that build character. People with parents that support them all their lives, havnt lived to see hard times like others have...

Now I dont know you as a person... But comming from the upbringing you have, money has probably never been much of an issue to you... Comming from a poor upbringing myself, my family struggles to make payments for us to keep this place we live in... I have been through times where I'm so damn broke I just get so angry I feel like literally blowing up.. I have straight up knocked someone out because they said something stupid to me on a bad day more than once... That is the type of shit you wouldnt have experienced because youve always been secure money wise and in the position that you dont have to worry yourself about a lot.

Rich kids sometimes have problems like....... Their parents dont pay much attention to them.... But a lot of the time, rich kids are unrealistic little shitty spoilt brats.... Which is why your average rich kid doesent fit into rap where you need to be very down to earth and have actually been through hard times climbing from the absolute bottom to the top making songs that represent what YOU seen as a person and YOUR struggles in order to help other people going through the exact same shit.... And at the same time sell to a bunch of punk ass wanna-be's that buy your shit cause they think it sounds cool......

If your really interested in not becomming a rich kid trynna rap steriotype..

Go leave your home, get a job and stay in a poor part of town for a while... You might get killed or robbed a lot cause of naievity.... But hey, some people have no choice but to adapt to that type of surrounding. You should think yourself lucky to be rich.... But rapping is something that might be beyond you....

Just a word of warning.

word, I feel you, but on that last paragraph..... like next year, I'ma be movin' out be on my own for a year, and see how shit is. Experience it a bit, it wouldn't be long enough, but it'd be something.
But also, it should depend on what type of songs I make. Like if I made songs sayin' "Life wasn't easy to me, I did shit the hard way" or shit like that, then i'd just make myself look stupid and shit, but if I actually can make songs about everyday shit happenin' to people, like not shit that matters really on how much money you got. Like more story type stuff. but iunno, we'll see how it works out.. But yea, i had some personal problems that I could talk about, but I ain't wanna put it out on this site. People I talk to a lot on AIM know, but we'll see...

but also, my parents ain't super rich really, it's just above the average. like inbetween that. like my parents couldn't afford a million dollar house. My parents jus did somethin' I thought was smart. Just buy a decent sized house, and use the remainin' money to put stuff that would make livin' their more entertaining. No use in buyin' a huge ass house, if you can't put a lot of shit inside it.

but yea, I see what you mean though. We'll see how it plays out.

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 10-27-05, 01:52 AM   #8
SINISTER
Under Oath

Text Record: 21-14
IP: 9AF0 1BFA

Everyone who has or will read this, shoot yourself right now
Vs Mystic
Send a message via AIM to SINISTER   Reply With Quote