RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-06, 12:48 AM   #1
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

Chris Brown-Chris Brown

IP: 2029 0979

Since I'm bored, and since no one does RnB reviews, and Since I'm listening to it right now...i'll do it...

1. Intro -just an intro

2. Run It! Featuring Juelz Santana -every one heard this I know! his first single off tha album. A blazer...only thing i didn't like about this when I first heard it was tha way he came in...it was tha wrong note and wayyy too loud...but overall this is a hot track...Scott Storch on tha beat made it all right...a nice club banger, lets have a dance off type song...im not gunna say too much about this..ya'll heard this...juelz verse was half assed though...9/10

3. Yo (Excuse Me Miss) -Everyone heard this by now I'm sure...this is tha 2nd single off his album. Prolly his best single out by far...this song has so much energy in it...he hit his notes right where they need to be in this one. Tryna get at a girl, but thinking what way to go...I still like this song...beat is nice...only thing is that snare in tha beat is HELLA loud..that should be changed...but this track is great overall...10/10

4. Young Love -This song is ight...vocals should've been turned up a lil...I think this is tha one Neyo wrote...sounds like his style...this aint really chris brown style right here...tha song is nice, it has a good concept to it, but I dont think his vocals matured to this song that much...this song is boring because of that...i think this song shouldve been given to someone else...6/10

5. Gimme That -not tha one wid lil wayne....forget you heard tha lil wayne one for a minute...ight...now, this beat still thumps mad loud...nice song...kinda boring....I like his vocals on this one. i like his intro to this song...so much energy in it...thats what makes this whole song...tha energy......tha break down is tight too...i like chris brown on these types of beats...he brings that energy to tha table and make you bob yo head like you was listening to rap...,this is a nice song...gets boring after a while...lil wayne made it wit tha remix, but as for tha regular version....overall a nice track...7/10

6. Ya Man Ain’t Me -Listening to this one right now...this is a nice track. i like how he sung this one...his vocals on this one was prolly tha best...for some reason i think i can sing this song...hahaha...i'll leave that to chris brown...as for tha song..its great. i like tha beat....he telling tha girl to leave that trash and get wid a real man...tha chorus on this track was tha best on tha album, and that really made tha track itself...but tha breakdown was great too....a lil different...but, tha chorus and tha hook is tha best...9.6/10

7. Winner -I would say this is by far my favorite track on his album. his energy, his vibe, all of that was on point in this song...tha breakdown was spectacular...he hit them high notes real good in this track. I like tha ad libs in this track...they made this track as good as it is too...and tha beat is nice and smooth...he saying tha girl is a winner...and he wanna be with her...dont sleep on this track..it's not single material, its just one of those album greats....feel me!..hot song...10/10

8. Ain’t No Way (You Won’t Love Me) - I actually like this song, it's just a lil boring for me...i dont feel that energy that I know chris brown has on this one...His vocals make tha track though...he blazed this one...really showed everybody what he's bout on this one...nice track overall, but a lil boring for me....tha beat dont really go to good wit tha song...when tha verses come in....it sounds like they just put this song on any beat...but still ight song...i dont listen to this every time i listen to tha cd, but on tha first run thru, this song is nice....5.6/10

9. What’s My Name Featuring Noah -this beat is ight.not tha beat on tha album, but it's still nice...but when chris brown comes in on this track, it sounds kinda like usher...another song that dont sounds like chris brown..this couldve been given to someone else, but his vocals is still nice...no doubt this dude could sing...this song sounds hella much like a old ass usher song...and tha chorus sounds like some bow wow shit...lol..funny....not that great of a song tho...hook is tha best feature of this song...3.5/10

10. Is This Love? -Another boring that dont sound like chris brown style...this sound like someone else shoudl've been singing this...tha vocals is ight, ad libs couldve been a lil better....it sounds too boring and too RnB...im not guna sayy much about this track because it's not a favorite for me....4/10

11. Poppin’ -I love this beat...it's thumps loud! But, tha song is nice..I like his vocals on this one...sounds wayy different from tha other tracks...Tha breakdown on this track could've been way better...Basically tha beat makes this track, but overall this is a nice track lyrically and vocally...this is definately single material right here...not too much to say about tha track...8/10

12. Just Fine -i like his intro for some odd reason on this song...but this song is kinda boring...not his style...once again...but overall, this song is not that bad...couldve been better. when tha beat breaks down, you think he guna turn tha energy level up, but he doesn't..tha couldve been better...his chorus is lackin tha enerygy it needs...but i like tha breakdown on this one..it's tight...overall this is a ight track...6/10

13. Say Goodbye -I like this song also.It's a lil different from tha others...What is this, like his 4th single off tha album so far...Well, anyway...this track is still hot..I like his vibe on it...you can tell he was feeling tha song. Tha beat is nice...nothing spectacular, but it is RnB...I like his lyrics on this song...basically his vibe on this track made the whole song...he was feeling this song, that's why it came out so good...bout breaking up wit a girl because they both kno its tha right thing to do...10/10

14. Run It! Remix Featuring Bow Wow & Jermaine Dupri

15. Thank You -basically, he thanking his fans and everybody for buying tha album..when most of these bum ass squares burned it...but still, this is a ight song...but tha beat is boring which makes tha song boring...i like this chorus, thats where tha energy comes in somewhat, but this song is still skippable...could've been wayyyy better...4/10

Overall-This is a nice album...Chris Brown is not no flop, I can tell you that right now...he has a nice album..he's just a rookie and he can sing...that's for sure...he can also make them nice club dancing tracks that gets you hype on a RnB tip..He does have a lot of boring songs in this one...but his non-boring songs are fire...I give tha dude props. i thought tha cd was guna be wack ,but it's definately a sleeper...overall i'd give tha album 3 1/2 mics outta 5....

or 7.5/10

go cop this for yo RnB collection...dont burn this one...even though every track isn't fire, tha majority of it is....so that deserves a buy!!
Old 08-27-06, 03:17 PM   #2
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5631 9B8D

coo review, although I think Lil Wayne made gimme that worse. iunno why so many people on dude's dick, not saying you are.

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-06, 05:31 PM   #3
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
IP: 42C3 2EB8

I just think Wayne added a little more Flavor to Gimme That. so I Was Feelin that version more.
Old 08-28-06, 01:45 AM   #4
~Luciano~
~Break Bred or Play Dead~

Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 3C62 382D

6. Ya Man Ain’t Me -Listening to this one right now...this is a nice track. i like how he sung this one...his vocals on this one was prolly tha best...for some reason i think i can sing this song...hahaha...i'll leave that to chris brown...as for tha song..its great. i like tha beat....he telling tha girl to leave that trash and get wid a real man...tha chorus on this track was tha best on tha album, and that really made tha track itself...but tha breakdown was great too....a lil different...but, tha chorus and tha hook is tha best...9.6/10

My chick got this on her ringtones

then i came home and D/L it

now its on my Playlist lol

~~Bumpin My Musik~~
~Audio Rookie Of The Year..Ya Tha Real 1~

Send a message via AIM to ~Luciano~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Luciano~   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-06, 02:10 PM   #5
SINISTER
Under Oath

Text Record: 21-14
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: F8C0 2149

Quote:
Originally Posted by _LM_
I just think Wayne added a little more Flavor to Gimme That. so I Was Feelin that version more.

Basiclly what he said, and i dont think he made the song himself, teamwork baby
Vs Mystic
Send a message via AIM to SINISTER   Reply With Quote