RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-30-06, 04:03 AM   #16
Sobe.
haywut

Text Record: 2-1
IP: E1D0 581C

yeah and HOW DO YOU DO IT

Send a message via AIM to Sobe.   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-06, 04:05 AM   #17
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 07E5 1B4C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terumoto
Man I went out into the back yard last night at like 1am with a blanket and a cushion and meditated. It was insane. Probably the best feeling I have ever felt in my entire life. If I tried to explain the feeling I would sound like a lunatic though, so i'm not gonna go there. lol.

lol WORD! If i described my medative expeiences to a non-meditator I'd be expecting a lot more than weird looks. How do i describe to someone the feeling of vibrant glowing tranquil euphoria? For some reason though i have a hard time meditating outside, noises pull me out too easy.

what position do you typically meditate in? you sound liek the lotus type lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobe.
how the fuck do you start meditating

by calming your mind for one thing and breathing deeply. you silence all your thoughts and focus on nothingness. Starts off kinda tough but the more you do it the easier it is and the deeper you go.

there's numerous ways and positions to meditate, it all depends on how you feel most comfortable. for me it's standing and i meditate with my eyes open facing a blank wall. if you want more detail as to how to get started and how simple it is lemme know.

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-06, 04:07 AM   #18
Ca'lam
The Light

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 7-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: C3EB D97D

shit i do ^!! that shit sounds relaxing as fuck

Proud OYD member again . <------- That is whassup
Old 07-30-06, 04:16 AM   #19
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 0B90 96F9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
lol WORD! If i described my medative expeiences to a non-meditator I'd be expecting a lot more than weird looks. How do i describe to someone the feeling of vibrant glowing tranquil euphoria? For some reason though i have a hard time meditating outside, noises pull me out too easy.

what position do you typically meditate in? you sound liek the lotus type lol

Yeah, I used to be the same.. Last night was my first go at meditating outside. After a while I felt as though I became transparent, and all the noises just passed through me. They registered, but I didnt retain them, you know? Then stupidly I thought "hey! this is that shit I read about one time, I did it!" And then the feeling went away. -_-

But yeah, after that, for the first time in my life I experienced oneness with the universe. That was the best feeling ive ever felt.
Old 07-30-06, 04:19 AM   #20
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

check it man it's easy. for a standing meditation, you stand facing a blank wall, preferrably with light to your back or anyhere else other than in your face. start by locking your fingers with your palms down and exhale. then with your arms kept straight, raise your locked fingers in a slow arc as you inhale deeply and fill your lungs to their capacity as your palms face upward - raise your face to match, and inhale a little more.

hold your breath!

then slowly exhale as you bring your hands back down to their original position and release your hands. This relieves the tension in your arms and chest as you fill your muscles with oxygen. From here, you're ready to meditate.

facing this blank wall, stretch your arms out to your sides with your thumbs facing straight up and wiggle your fingers. you want to keep your thumbs on the edges of your preripheral vision, looking at both of them without moving your eyes. this will relax your eyes and allow you to enter a meditative state. your eyes are to remain unfocused as your mind is silent. your only thoughts should be on having none. if a thought entes your mind you let it dissolve to nothing on this blank canvas that is your mind. continue deep breathing with your silent mind and unfocused eyes - you may notice various textures on your wall are unable to be seen and you begin to experience your mind opening. lather rinse repeat. when you decide to come out close your eyes for a few moments and open, you're back in your reality in a differnet state of mind.

much clearer with illustrations of course, and I hope this helped.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-06, 04:20 AM   #21
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

btw, for position... I go half lotus. I cant get into a lotus yet... Not flexible enough -_- lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.C.
yeah and HOW DO YOU DO IT

There is a lot of different kinds... The one I started out with was like what apexx described. Just sit down on the ground, maybe on a pillow. Your back should be relatively straight, but you shouldnt be trying to make it straight, it should just sit like that. Put your hands in your lap, then concentrate on breathing in and out. Focus on your breath, and if another though arises dont try to suppress it, just let it rise and fall and return to your breath.

At first you might get bored after like 5 mins, but once you get a bit better at it it becomes a joy. Remember though, that breathing one is like the basics, thats by no means the limits of meditation.
Old 07-30-06, 04:23 AM   #22
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
Yeah, I used to be the same.. Last night was my first go at meditating outside. After a while I felt as though I became transparent, and all the noises just passed through me. They registered, but I didnt retain them, you know? Then stupidly I thought "hey! this is that shit I read about one time, I did it!" And then the feeling went away. -_-

But yeah, after that, for the first time in my life I experienced oneness with the universe. That was the best feeling ive ever felt.

yeah man i def know what you mean. I've heard some pretty intense stories about persons in meditative states completely unaware of things like a raging house fire. now THAT'S alpha lol. I'm gonna try it outside tonight, it's pretty quiet out and a nice cool breeze. Man, i almost jones for that inner peace, that merging with everything and transparent knowledge and understanding for the unseen and unheard. I can't think of much else that could make me feel so ecstatic and connected to the flow of life

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 07-30-06, 04:41 AM   #23
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
yeah man i def know what you mean. I've heard some pretty intense stories about persons in meditative states completely unaware of things like a raging house fire. now THAT'S alpha lol. I'm gonna try it outside tonight, it's pretty quiet out and a nice cool breeze. Man, i almost jones for that inner peace, that merging with everything and transparent knowledge and understanding for the unseen and unheard. I can't think of much else that could make me feel so ecstatic and connected to the flow of life

It's like that picture of those Tibetan monks setting themselves on fire in protest, and just sitting there in meditation.

Word though.
Old 07-30-06, 01:03 PM   #24
L.A.STR~E~TZ
Middle Weight

Text Record: 1-2
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: FC8A 8091

I do it occasionally.

It relaxes me like nothing else can. It's a beautiful experience, I've been trying to release my Chakra, I'm not really at that level yet but it's very pleasing to try.
Old 07-30-06, 02:36 PM   #25
Sobe.
haywut

Text Record: 2-1
IP: 8E6C 6531

thanx ima try that shit

Send a message via AIM to Sobe.   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-06, 06:49 PM   #26
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Quote:
It's like that picture of those Tibetan monks setting themselves on fire in protest, and just sitting there in meditation.

Word though.

man i never saw any pictues like that. but I sure would like to lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A.STR~E~TZ
I do it occasionally.

It relaxes me like nothing else can. It's a beautiful experience, I've been trying to release my Chakra, I'm not really at that level yet but it's very pleasing to try.

man, sounds like you're well on your way. how long have you been meditating?

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 07-30-06, 09:49 PM   #27
L.A.STR~E~TZ
Middle Weight

A couple of months.
Old 07-30-06, 10:19 PM   #28
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Here guys, this is the picture and the article. I was mistaken, it was a vietnamese monk not a tibetan monk.

http://www.geocities.com/tcartz/sacrifice.htm

It is a good story.
Old 07-30-06, 11:01 PM   #29
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

wow. a testament to the power of meditation for sure.

i wonder if he could have brought himself back had he been put out.

www.soundclick.com/apexx

The Rush Ent.

Old 07-31-06, 12:38 AM   #30
L.A.STR~E~TZ
Middle Weight

Amazing story.

I thought it was amazing to put it on the Rage Against the Machine's debut album.