RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-04, 08:00 AM   #1
jskill
THE ONLY 1

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Should Jay-Z Retire

IP: 8C7D 8E52

some say he is the best. others say he is not. what do you think
Old 01-17-04, 08:03 AM   #2
scan~ya~lane

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 8C7D 8E52

I dont think he should retire..hes one of the best mainstream artist....i just dont like when he sells out to sell records..hes very consistent...i honestly liked his older shit better though....but i hate him cuz he stole my wife beyonce...lol
Old 01-17-04, 10:40 AM   #3
Canuck
Middle Weight

IP: 4744 B0EC

yea, he should have left the game long ago. 03 Bonnie 'n Clyde? What the fuck is that?..........Steal'n ryhmes, beats, everything, he's gay as fuck. His new album was wack, his flow is old, and he's jealous of Sean Paul, he wouldn't let him perform with Beyonce....lol.....hah ha loser....
Old 01-17-04, 10:50 AM   #4
Straight Ace
Banned: Spamming

Text Record: 14-1
IP: 7A5E D5B8

^yeah..the sean paul thing was mad gay..
& yeah he's been exposed for stealing almost everything that made him big.
He didnt write much of his shit either..
..I am content with him not polluting airwaves or tv broadcasts any longer.
Old 01-17-04, 10:52 AM   #5
Happy Thoughts

IP: 7387 A528

He's retiring? How old is he?
Old 01-17-04, 11:09 AM   #6
X Ecution

IP: 4577 CD9A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck
yea, he should have left the game long ago. 03 Bonnie 'n Clyde? What the fuck is that?..........Steal'n ryhmes, beats, everything, he's gay as fuck. His new album was wack, his flow is old, and he's jealous of Sean Paul, he wouldn't let him perform with Beyonce....lol.....hah ha loser....

you should be shot then left to rot n let vultures eat ur remains...u have to be the dumbest person on this site....how can u say he lost hi sflow apperently u dont have ears..n how u gonna say the black album was wack...ur mentally sick...n wut r u talkn bout tealin beats...it was a good song so dont start..eminem did the same thing rip him about it...just go home n listen to ur baby rhymes...1
Old 01-17-04, 12:05 PM   #7
Canuck
Middle Weight

IP: 4744 B0EC

Quote:
you should be shot then left to rot n let vultures eat ur remains...u have to be the dumbest person on this site....how can u say he lost hi sflow apperently u dont have ears..n how u gonna say the black album was wack...ur mentally sick...n wut r u talkn bout tealin beats...it was a good song so dont start..eminem did the same thing rip him about it...just go home n listen to ur baby rhymes...1

....just for say'n that him and Beyonce's song was good, just goes to tell, that when you up in the 16+ niteclubs, bump'n with the pop top 30 crowd, that you obviously have no hip-hop sense. Let me see, if I bit 1 maybe 2 lines from an emcee, I'd be mocked, merked, then banned. Yet, Jay-z can spit the first 4 lines of his song, that were written and performed by B.I.G., and he's slated as the best? Bullshit.

I can rip Eminem about a lot of shit I don't like. That would be my opinion, much like this one. You see, if you look past all the beats, all the jiggy bullshit you obviously listen to, and you see this big-lipped clown yell'n "yep", you'll soon realize, his style and lyrics have a limit.

Plus, he's all over Pac's dick (RIP), he got dissed tonnes of times by Pac, but yet he still shouts out to him, steals his beats, it's bullshit.

Oh, about the black album, I stopped listen'n to JayZ after 'the streets is watch'n' album, so I won't say it's sucks, cuz I ain't even heard it. Just hope'n he retires, and punks like yourself slit their rists.
Old 01-17-04, 12:09 PM   #8
MP~PHASIZ
Aint Nobody Iller Than Me

Text Record: 9-0
IP: 22F5 A53D

I thought he already retired after The Black Album...
Send a message via MSN to MP~PHASIZ   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-04, 12:12 PM   #9
CRhyMe~SoN

IP: B17B 235E

fuck around canuck of the regiment no doubt ... people need to learn to respect jayz nobody done it better then him except pac....

hes a business man...

"nobody been this good for this long" tell me thats not true...

jayz freestyles almost all his shit i mean shit mainstream hes always been thoro to himself ..fuck respect the man nobody is 2 mill is why hes retiring.. the man has the hottest rap lable no doubt hes running it cause fuck the south i hate em....

"what more can he say"
Old 01-17-04, 12:13 PM   #10
CRhyMe~SoN

"i don't wear jerseys.. nigga im 30 plus.. give me a crisp pairs of jeans .. nigga button UpS"
Old 01-17-04, 12:22 PM   #11
Sp1TGa1M
New to RB

IP: 0DA0 FF86

jigga man should NOT retire..his music still hott whether u love 'em or hate 'em the music is still hott shit
Send a message via AIM to Sp1TGa1M   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-04, 12:43 PM   #12
CRhyMe~SoN

he keeps it street belive it or not look at his lable but fuck that heres how you sum it up...

"iM The ReAlEsT To RuN It.. I juSt HaPPenEd To RaP"
Old 01-17-04, 12:49 PM   #13
Penskills
Banned: Spamming

IP: C1DA C961

..Yes..nice to go out on top...
Send a message via ICQ to Penskills Send a message via AIM to Penskills   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-04, 01:15 PM   #14
¤KiNgPiN¤
Words Of A Legend

IP: DB6B D6F3

Yeah,Jay-Z is pretty good..But he stole like ova half the damn rhymes he puts in his songs from Biggie and shit like dat..I'm gettin sick of Jay-Z..i mena 10 albums is enough about time he goes and retires
Send a message via AIM to ¤KiNgPiN¤ Send a message via MSN to ¤KiNgPiN¤ Send a message via Yahoo to ¤KiNgPiN¤   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-04, 01:18 PM   #15
¤KiNgPiN¤
Words Of A Legend

IP: DB6B D6F3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp1TGa1M
jigga man should NOT retire..his music still hott whether u love 'em or hate 'em the music is still hott shit
Yeah,his shit is hott cuz he copies most of it from guyz like Biggie.
"N-O-T-O-R-I-O-U-S you just lay down slow" <---Biggie's "Representin the U-S you just lay down slow" <--- Jay-Z, see ma point?

Last edited by ¤KiNgPiN¤ : 01-17-04 at 01:20 PM.
Send a message via AIM to ¤KiNgPiN¤ Send a message via MSN to ¤KiNgPiN¤ Send a message via Yahoo to ¤KiNgPiN¤   Reply With Quote