RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-05, 11:37 AM   #1
Mentalz
The Topical Juggernaut

Text Record: 6-3
Technologies boundries, the end of an Era?

IP: E0AB 9D96

Upon a recent conversation I had, we discussed our belief's about present day technological advances.

Basically the way I see it, is that in the last 50 some odd years, we've made no real step towards improvement other than improvements upon existing devices and ideas we've already established in previous generations. My question to you is, can you foresee any major advancement that would revolutionize the way humanity lives day to day? Sure, one could point out IDEAS that sound feasable, however thinking and doing are not in the same boat. Perhaps its the same avenue, but as it stands, we're dreaming.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I believe we wont surpass our present state of advancement without a reason too. Global war forced the Atom Bomb to be created, Expantion the vehicle. War the power of weapons and stealth. The cold war space exploration... What will need to happen for humanity to stop toying with old ideas and actually create, or explore new idea's and places? IE colonize Mars, or even the moon. Currently there are MANY, many theories and essay's on how humanity could feasably accomplish both endeavors. However global politics and the need for greed in the generation at hand and the selfish population's way of life hinder this from ever happening.

Perhaps the draught of oil, when it's really finally gone, will spark the needed muse for us to accell past redundant.

Thoughts?

-=Respect List=-
Crhyme Sindicate

The unexamined life is not worth living.
Send a message via AIM to Mentalz   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-05, 12:31 PM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 5C71 9AD6

They say each era and its understanding of the universe is referenced by its largest mechanical achievment.

500 years ago. This was the clock.

50 Years ago. This was the computer.

Now, I believe its networking. The internet is changing the way we access information. And it was only invented recently.

Think of it like this though. What major technological advancements occured in the 9000 years before christ? Or the millions and millions of years pre-dating that?

If you look at the world with a more broard sense of history, you would see that almost every major technological advancment has occured within the last 3000 years. So, a steady stream of progression scientifically is ofcourse not compleatly nessecary for existance. And as we evolve as a species, we seek to constantly innovate our existing ideas and essentually aim for perfection.

However having said that. Our final frontier is space. Right now, satalite technology is all the buzz in the world of high end business and media giants. And ofcourse the next technology jumps will occur when we begin constructing habitats on the moon and mars.

In reality, this is only the dawn of our technological era. Computers, robots, the internet.. These are inventions that are realistically only in EARLY stages of development. Because ofcourse, the world is not only going to be around for our own time, the world is still going to be here 1000 years from now.

Companies are even planning methods for asteroid mining. Because ofcourse, there are large chunks of matter just flying about in our universe randomly and in orbits.

I do believe there will be a war within the next 20 years that will devestate large portions of the worlds population. And comming out of this, will be like starting from scratch with all our previously aquired knowledge. If you catch my drift.

Every era advances within its own bounds. Currantly we are bounded by a new sense of the world getting smaller and in more direct connection. Once we fully grow into this, the human species will become no longer, a bunch of countrys... Rather a planet population in its first stages of entering the final frontier of space.
Old 11-29-05, 12:44 PM   #3
Mentalz
The Topical Juggernaut

I see what you're saying, however you mentioned Asteroid farming. Not specifically that, but idea's like that are what i'm talking about. I've seen multitudes of plans, ideas and a means to do all of these things. Quite possibly achieve them in the near future, towards the end of our generation.

However we have one major road block inwhich you touched briefly. War. Politics. Information deception. All of this by the Governments, which have the control and means to guide the world by a leash in whatever direction they desire. And the sad part? Most of humanity is to lazy or ignorant to care or believe it.

In regards to the broader picture... Our life spawns are that of a fly's in terms of comparative speaking. Earth was created 4.5 billion years ago, and still has another 4 billion years to live accourding to scientific theory regarding the lifespawn of our Star, the Sun.

So if the final frontier is space, I can see we've takin the first steps to explore it. But we're taking bigger steps in dreaming about these things than actually taking the steps to conjure them up and make it a real thing.

Back to Politics and War, your esstimate may not be that far off at the current rate we're moving. Remember the Roman empire. You know what im talkin' about.

-=Respect List=-
Crhyme Sindicate

Old 11-29-05, 12:58 PM   #4
Young_law
This Is My City

Audio Record: 0-0
IP: 7A52 73B1

all i gotta say is if you think that there is not going to be better technology than we have now, then you ARE a dumbass, the past 50 years we havent advanced pfft, we went from big ass super computers jus for one calculator, to having calculators on watches, cellfones, even on paper(flypentop) we have went from the pony express to email, we have went from IBM 500 pound computers, laptops or handhelds that can fit in our pocket, from big ass boomboxes to ipod nano's, come the fuck on now, being a technology hype like me, i have seen shyt yall dont even know about, they already have invented the flying car, it is going to be released to the public in 2011, i go to technology conventions as much as possible not cuz im a geek ass nigga, but this shyt interests me, its fucking amazing how you can transfer video files over a wireless connection, i am currently working on my theory on how to elevate transportation moving human molecules using the internet, or any other type of networking, this would rid the need for buses and cars, and shyt, but its jus a theory i am in school so i cant say all i want so ill brb in like 5 minutes
Old 11-29-05, 01:06 PM   #5
Mentalz
The Topical Juggernaut

Ok, first of all, if you really did'nt read my post I can reiderate one major point.

Basically the way I see it, is that in the last 50 some odd years, we've made no real step towards improvement other than improvements upon existing devices and ideas we've already established in previous generations.

Flying cars in 2011? Maybe Leer Jets, and not massivly produced. And this also returns us to the basic dividing line between fact and fantasy driven. Alot of idea's have been thought up and processed for creation in years past. However lack of funding, support and politics... it's never happened.

You're arguing the very point I sat aside as obvious.

-=Respect List=-
Crhyme Sindicate

Old 11-29-05, 01:09 PM   #6
Young_law
This Is My City

ok my bad i hadnt read your whole post just glanced, and yes flying cars, like i told you i saw the actual thing, not a picture, physically i was able to touch it, its being released to the public in 2011, now as for new technology, hmmmmmmm im gonna have to ponder on that one
Old 11-29-05, 01:16 PM   #7
Mentalz
The Topical Juggernaut

The closest, most feasable thing I can think of happening next would be the key to unlocking Cold Fusion. However, if you look at it from a realist point of view, the amount of sheer research and knowledge is mind boggling concerning physics and the understanding of the such. Human life spawns arnt long enough to fully complete such a large scale endeavor as achieving Cold Fusion.

What im trying to address is this. Take short term memory for example, now shorten your ability to research to one week because you have a disease that wipes it after that. You only get so far before the weeks up and you have to relearn the previous week then take baby steps in terms of progression. No what im gettin' at?

-=Respect List=-
Crhyme Sindicate

Old 11-29-05, 01:21 PM   #8
Young_law
This Is My City

yea i feel you, i also intrigues me that no one has found out how to use the other 90% of our brains, except for einstein lol
Old 11-30-05, 01:15 PM   #9
Mentalz
The Topical Juggernaut

IP: A2CF 2639

Meh, thats just someones opinion.

-=Respect List=-
Crhyme Sindicate

Old 12-12-05, 01:12 AM   #10
Mentalz
The Topical Juggernaut

IP: CCF3 0222

I would however like to know how they came to the conclusion we only use that much and if it's even possible to exceed the what, 10% they claim to be used. I heard this myth so long ago I can't even place where or when.

-=Respect List=-
Crhyme Sindicate

Old 12-12-05, 09:23 AM   #11
schema
howdy

Text Record: 27-10
IP: D8D6 6AE6

you are so mind bogglingly wrong that I cant even argue with you...

"Frank White the menacin, chron chron's the medicine....
I got the lettuce and...
...you turn green like cucumber skin
Got the new hummer in the summer when I was a new comer then...
drugs and mac-10's...hugs from fake friends..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
i'm not attracted to women...
Send a message via AIM to schema   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-05, 12:36 PM   #12
Lyriclesolja
I Create Dope Poetry For The Thinkers Of Tomarrow....I Am Lyriclesolja

IP: 12CD 59BB

personally i dont like Technology very much anymore....i mean when i was growing up all we had was Atari and house phones....now we got Atari on Cell phones...i just dont like it....buit i mean more power to people who invent things to help our way of life.....but waht is the use of a cell phone that has wireless internet a crap load of songs and games......and someday we wont even be able to see cell phones there probly gonna come out with some computer chip that you can put in your ear so you can talk to your loved ones...but look like a complete retard talking to your self.....i just dont get it......but then again i hope we have the technology to end world hungar and shit....but people not being able to live with out cell phones just seems idiotic to me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Lyricalsolja you illy on the sickness tip.
Send a message via AIM to Lyriclesolja Send a message via MSN to Lyriclesolja   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-05, 01:17 PM   #13
Mentalz
The Topical Juggernaut

IP: CCF3 0222

Quote:
Originally Posted by schema
you are so mind bogglingly wrong that I cant even argue with you...

Then enlighten me.

-=Respect List=-
Crhyme Sindicate

Old 12-12-05, 07:46 PM   #14
Young_law
This Is My City

IP: A213 B79D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyriclesolja
personally i dont like Technology very much anymore....i mean when i was growing up all we had was Atari and house phones....now we got Atari on Cell phones...i just dont like it....buit i mean more power to people who invent things to help our way of life.....but waht is the use of a cell phone that has wireless internet a crap load of songs and games......and someday we wont even be able to see cell phones there probly gonna come out with some computer chip that you can put in your ear so you can talk to your loved ones...but look like a complete retard talking to your self.....i just dont get it......but then again i hope we have the technology to end world hungar and shit....but people not being able to live with out cell phones just seems idiotic to me....

lol there is a tooth out like that already
Old 12-12-05, 07:53 PM   #15
Sean Gunner
GG Haterz

IP: 2307 6939

Technology is about 2 yrs behind actually. These 'recent' discoveries could have been discovered about 2-4 yrs before, but they have all these old models, could be in the millions, and they know if they release the new product then they will be stuck with the old models, so instead they wait and sell all the old models, then release the new one.

I was talking to Messanger bout this, and my theory is this. As long as humans exist, we will never be satisfied with life, and therefore will try and solve the little problems we have or try and improve life. Since you can't stop humans forever, technology advances will never end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Visions
50 nickle=less than 50 cent, go back to school you idiot
Seangunner@gmail.com
For Anyone Who Wants to Talk to Me

^^I think this explains my view on gangster rap perfectly.