RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-03-06, 02:48 PM   #31
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: BACC 8E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinozwai
fuck that T I shit man u ever heard about Ricky Wilson ?? a cross btwn Nas and jay z man he`s just wicked

I dont like jay z..and i dont like nas

so i problay woulnd't like him

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 03-03-06, 03:13 PM   #32
KISI
atlas the vagabond

underground music

IP: D901 01DE

the problem with underground music, a lot of times, in terms of the more lyrical. is that it is full of lyricists, but not songmakers. People like to listen to music, not spoken word to a beat. Many undergrounders, may be more lyrically inclined then say your 50 cents, or P diddy's, or Nelly's, but they are not talented enough to make MUSIC.

And rap is music.

it is

R.hythm A.nd P.oetry

You see, this is how i was, iwas good for a 16, i could stand with anyone. But i had this sort of inner feeling of obligation, to not make MUSIC. i.e. songy chorus', catchy hooks etc.

But singing, from blues, jazz, and r and b is the primary music talent of my family. My uncle is even touring with Columbia records on the jazz thing now. So i have always had an innate sense of melody, and a decent voice. I am a lyricist on level with great rappers, but since having went to the studio now, puttin out my next project, i've become incredibly talented in chorus. I'm making MUSIC now, and not just tracks, with lyrics.

undergrounders almost only have choruses at all on thier songs, out of obligations. I've listened to the most lyrically revered underground artists and i'm not impressed. I'm not biased because everyone says thier good, I gave fair listens and it's not music.

bottom line is this, dancing, block parties, thier parts of black culture/hip hop. that is what a lot of you don't know.
Old 03-03-06, 03:33 PM   #33
KOOL COL-B
Tha 1st member of S.W.A

Text Record: 11-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5350 A834

give me a song that gits me pop lockin, mainstream or undaground, n its dope, werd

REST IN PEACE MY MUTHAPHUKKIN SPICCA OMB!!!
Old 03-03-06, 03:33 PM   #34
Ysdat
Whys That?

Audio Record: 2-0
IP: 5285 DC82

WTF

first of all YOU are underground, I am underground, and most rappers on this site with actual move making plans are underground.

Mainstream currently consist's of 50 cent, pall wall, ja rule, game,snoop,lil jon and everyone who seemingly doesnt give a fuck about hip hop as a culture.

So if your striving for your name to be along side them, then knock ya self out.
but remember bro, mainstream usually comes with a chart reaching track, which consists of a catchy beat, someone yelling YYYYEAAAAHHH!!! thru out it, and about 2% lyricism in it. Mainstream is designed to sell records, who buys the records? underage teeny bopping girls and pimple faced kids still having there dinner made by the ma, if you really want to appeal to that type of audiance, sure.

Underground appeals to those who actually appreciatte rap, as rap, underground are those who dont follow fassion trends, who dont support one side of the 50 and game beef, and who dont actually give two fucks about the diffrence between underground and mainstream,but simply doing it for the soul purpose(whatever that may be to that emcee inparticular)

underground is doing it for rap, mainstream is doing it for mass appeal.
Old 03-03-06, 03:49 PM   #35
Young_law
This Is My City

IP: 7A52 73B1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Po'etiquette
WTF

first of all YOU are underground, I am underground, and most rappers on this site with actual move making plans are underground.

Mainstream currently consist's of 50 cent, pall wall, ja rule, game,snoop,lil jon and everyone who seemingly doesnt give a fuck about hip hop as a culture.

So if your striving for your name to be along side them, then knock ya self out.
but remember bro, mainstream usually comes with a chart reaching track, which consists of a catchy beat, someone yelling YYYYEAAAAHHH!!! thru out it, and about 2% lyricism in it. Mainstream is designed to sell records, who buys the records? underage teeny bopping girls and pimple faced kids still having there dinner made by the ma, if you really want to appeal to that type of audiance, sure.

Underground appeals to those who actually appreciatte rap, as rap, underground are those who dont follow fassion trends, who dont support one side of the 50 and game beef, and who dont actually give two fucks about the diffrence between underground and mainstream,but simply doing it for the soul purpose(whatever that may be to that emcee inparticular)

underground is doing it for rap, mainstream is doing it for mass appeal.

you forgot those who arent making any kind of money, and if they do make money, then its chumo change

fuck that shyt, id do all the shyt they doin, if i was gon get paid as much as they do
Old 03-03-06, 03:53 PM   #36
Ysdat
Whys That?

so you would sell out? just for money.
Old 03-03-06, 03:54 PM   #37
Young_law
This Is My City

yea, for all that money, its not like it would effect my life in any kind of way
Old 03-03-06, 03:56 PM   #38
Ysdat
Whys That?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Law
yea, for all that money, its not like it would effect my life in any kind of way

you think having a shit load of money wouldnt effect your life? then you dont have a fucking clue what your on about. If it wont effect your lfie,then why get the money?

but word, go make ya trash money making sell out records.
Old 03-03-06, 03:58 PM   #39
Young_law
This Is My City

Quote:
you think having a shit load of money wouldnt effect your life? then you dont have a fucking clue what your on about. If it wont effect your lfie,then why get the money?

but word, go make ya trash money making sell out records.

no i mean selling out wont change my life in any kind of way

gettin money will, i can actually buy the stuff i fantasize about having.....and as long as its money, then im straight
Old 03-03-06, 03:59 PM   #40
Ysdat
Whys That?

ok,you go sell out.
Old 03-03-06, 04:00 PM   #41
Young_law
This Is My City

will do, i will go, and im sure your right, my records will sell out
Old 03-03-06, 04:01 PM   #42
Ysdat
Whys That?

nah your trash anyway.
Old 03-03-06, 04:03 PM   #43
J Summers

IP: E8B4 945F

i'd do candy shop .. for da $$$$$
Old 03-03-06, 04:05 PM   #44
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: BACC 8E92

i already make mainstream type music..thats my goal too be mainstream....wgaf? seriously i could care less if you hate me see this is what i gotta say

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50 Cent
Banks told me too switch my style up,n***** hate,lettum hate,and watch the money pile up
thats how i am lol

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 03-03-06, 04:06 PM   #45
Young_law
This Is My City

Quote:
nah your trash anyway.

nah *listens to your soundclick*

im much better than you also