RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > Album Reviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-06, 04:20 PM   #1
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

Busta Rhymes-The Big Bang

IP: CB5F 7EEE

Yea, that 2 years was well waited. I don't like how he sound the same, but I can't lie or even hate, the CD is nice...

Here's my review..

1. Get You Some - Busta Rhymes, , Q-Tip, -This beat is so fuckin' raw! I can't wait to find this instrumental...I'ma put this on my mixtape fa sho. But as for the song, it's fucking tight. Raw & gutta lyrics by Busta Rhymes himself. I like how he did the song. He just came out and let you know he ain't left. And Q-Tip on the hook was ill. His voice fit well with the hook. This is a nice song. Nice intro...8/10

2. Touch It - Busta Rhymes Of course ya'll heard this...Tha first single off the album, and it's a blazer. Not much to say because you prolly already heard it, but just in case, this is a nice hype party track. I like the energy busta has in this song. Nice Swizz Beats beat...9.5/10

3. How We Do It Over Here - Busta Rhymes, Missy Elliott -I dont really like Missy on this one, but the energy on this track is nice. Keeps the energy going after that Touch It track, but I hate Missy. He could've found someone else, I think she messed up the song. I aint really feeling this one that much. Nice lyrics and shit, but I'll give this one 5/10...nice club track tho. Get pussy off this if you dancing with a coo bitch...haha...Nice Dre beat.

4. New York S*** - Busta Rhymes, -Yes, Swizz Beats and DJ Scratch. This is a nice smooth beat. Nice lyrics and I like the way they went about with this song. Only thing I don't like, which could've been better, you can tell Busta ran out of things to say so he was kinda repeating some things in a way. But, overall this is a nice song. I know niggas from New York be feeling this song. Just letting you know New York is still here and running the game, and be proud where you from. When he performed this on 106 and Park niggas from New York was going wild. I like the energy in this song, it's a smooth laid back energy to it, which is interesting from Busta. 7/10

5. Been Through the Storm - Busta Rhymes, Stevie Wonder -I love this song so much. It's not a party track and it has so much meaning to it. Big Props to Busta on this one, and Stevie on the hook is amazing. Stevie aint my time, but this is a nice song. When you bump this in the car, you just zone out. Busta has some nice lyrics and creative style in this one. He takes you back in his life, something he doesn't do too often. 9/10

6. In the Ghetto - Busta Rhymes, Rick James -Once again, Rick James aint my time period, but I like him on this one. It's just the shit that you don't hear to often, and it's Produced by Green Lantern. that's crazy! The start of this song is kinda wack, but when the beats comes in and the song gets started, you'll feel it. I like this, old school feel to it, and some new school shit to it also. That's creative and tight. Busta did his thing on this one. 7/10

7. Cocaina - Busta Rhymes, - I like this beat. It's so nice. The song is also nice. Nice lyrics, song title explains itself, but not all the way, I liked how he flipped it. Don't sleep on this song. I like piano playing, or whatever instrument that is, whoever did this beat is nice wit it. Not too much to say about this song...7/10

8. You Can't Hold the Torch - Busta Rhymes, Chauncey Black, Q-Tip, -This is a slow type song. Smooth also. Busta did it nice on this. Talking bout how the game changed and people think they running the game, but "they can't hold the torch" Nice collabo on this one. Q-Tip had a nice verse. Letting you know he still got it and aint fell off. Nice track. 7/10

9. Goldmine - Busta Rhymes, Raekwon - I like how Raekon came str8 in without an intro, that was nice and unexpected. Nice lyrics, I aint feeling tha beat on this one. I mean, tha beat is fuckin raw, but I don't know if it went too good with the track, but it still gets the job done wen the hook comes in. I like this song. Nice verse from Busta. Nice collab. Talkin bout the old days back in the hood. I'll give this track a 7.5/10

10. I Love My B**** - Busta Rhymes, , will.i.am,Kelis - Second single off the album. I love this song more than the first single. Nice beat, nice collabo, nice everything. This song it tight. Ight lyrics. Not too much to say about it, i'm sure you heard this, and if not, get on ya job. 10/10

11. Don't Get Carried Away - Busta Rhymes, Nas -Not too big of a Nas fan, but this was the perfect collabo for them. Because this is a Dre beat and Nas, I never really heard him on a dre beat, or any kind of beat like this. He has a coo verse, and so did Busta. Nice energy on this track and tight as hook. When you hear this, you gunna think some Eminem type shit. I can see him ripping this song, but Busta and Nas did it just fine. 9/10

12. They're out to Get Me - Busta Rhymes, Mister Porter,-I don't know if I like the hook on this one. Whoever Mister Porter is singing could've prolly did a better job, but the song is nice and the lyrics are tight. Busta spit hard. Talking bout the times he was down and no one was around, but when he's up everybody in his face. Okay collab. Nice track. 7.8/10

13. Get Down - Busta Rhymes -I don't really like the beat on this one. But, tha lyrics are fuckin tight. The song is ight. Rah Digga on this one doin her thang...Not too much to say about it, proly skippable, i don't know. I'll give it a 5/10 tho

14. I'll Do It All - Busta Rhymes, LaToiya Williams -Some church shit right here...lol...She sing good tho. This song is so fuckin ill. Tha beat makes it that raw. Reminds me kinda like that one song Flipmode did with Mariah carey. Nice beat like that. Same flow, and same topic. Talking bout finding that special girl. This song is nice and smooth. Not too energic, which is different. This tracks just fits well. 8.5/10

15. Legend of the Fall Offs - Busta Rhymes - I like the beginning of this track. I like how they put the dirt sound in the beat. I read up on how Dr.Dre made this beat, its so fucking illy. He brought in real dirt in the studio and a shovel and recorded the sound and put it in the beat. But, as the track goes, it's nice. I like Busta flow. He switched it up. He talking bout niggas that fell off tryna come back but they career buried...Coo track, the beat should've had a drop off tho, where the beat comes in, it never really changed, but DRE is still a legend. 7/10

[I]Overall, this whole CD is unexpected. I like it, Busta switched up his flow. Not too much energy, and when he did give you that energy, it was the right amount. I think working with Aftermath was the best decision of his career. His music sounds so much better, and so smoother now. It just flows well. The tracks didn't really sound the same, and he had nice collaborations on this one. Alot of legends on this one. Good Shit. I'll give this whole Album 8/10

yea...and it's my review, so if you feel something should be different that's your opinion. I'd say burn this album first, then go buy it. I bet you'll like it, and it's 15bucks well spent.
Old 06-30-06, 08:35 PM   #2
Speats
Hell yeah

Text Record: 10-8
IP: 954B 0D62

imma probly buy it soon, love busta
Send a message via AIM to Speats Send a message via MSN to Speats   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-06, 09:32 PM   #3
Sik Wit It

IP: D8BF D72C

I got it... mines like a rare shit though. And it came with a DVD... pretty good cd.
Old 07-02-06, 02:42 AM   #4
Young Kidd (LM)
Better THAN You!

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 4-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: D7E5 22C4

nice review..ill prolly go buy when i get some money..
Old 07-12-06, 01:48 PM   #5
Clockwork
New to RV

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 66BD 7173

I liked the cd. In the Ghetto and Cocaina by far I think are the two best songs on the cd, but whole album is dope as shit!
Old 07-18-06, 05:00 PM   #6
$wollzilla™
I Got Money In Tha Bank

IP: 33D9 0FD8

in the ghetto is my favorite by far
i love how they got rick james on tha track

My Niggas Dont Groove We Jus Bust A Move
N Fuck Bout 4 Bops A Day
We WIldlife Wit it...

www.myspace.com/imthakingpsc
Send a message via AIM to $wollzilla™ Send a message via Yahoo to $wollzilla™   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-06, 07:39 PM   #7
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

i got this shit and for real i think its dope
Old 08-15-06, 04:13 PM   #8
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: 04C7 1AC3

could mister porter be denaun porter perhaps......... hmmmmm

...The real Renegade before Hova...