RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-05, 12:18 AM   #31
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

i'm sorry, but you REALLY cant argue that affirmative action pressured the most prestigous private university in the nation to accept more minorities just because its the cool thing to do now or somethin... i dont think Harvard has any concerns of improving its reputation

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 12-05-05, 12:19 AM   #32
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: 6369 035F

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4Y
nahhh, they really dont
i mean, theres no way to prove that, so theres no reason to debate it

but... ask your guidance counselor or somethin

ahhhhh my guidance counselor is the one who told me that....... funny..... maybe urs was just optimistic.... but mine is very real...... and he told us that all the big (intellectually speakin) colleges usually dont accept more than 1 (if even 1) student from our school

and our schoold has the IB..... where pratically all the students are smart enough to be accepted to any college

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 12-05-05, 12:20 AM   #33
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

ok, most the shit we are saying really cant be proved either way........ so we might as well stop arguing those things

Old 12-05-05, 12:24 AM   #34
Blay'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuxJustAWord
ahhhhh my guidance counselor is the one who told me that....... funny..... maybe urs was just optimistic.... but mine is very real...... and he told us that all the big (intellectually speakin) colleges usually dont accept more than 1 (if even 1) student from our school

and our schoold has the IB..... where pratically all the students are smart enough to be accepted to any college

oh yeah, that may be true that generally only 1 student will make it to those universities from your school, but that's not because they do that on purpose since somebody has alread been accepted or somethin, thats just because its so hard to get into those schools so usually only like 1 student from ur school makes it

Old 12-05-05, 12:32 AM   #35
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

my main argument was just that wen life began...... its not like white people were born with some great superiority that would give them control over all other races...... AND even if that was the case, it follows the concept of the fittest survive.....

for christ sakes.. most black friends i know dont even like affirmative action because its basically tagging them as being inferior....like they need help, and arent good enough...... and do u know wats suppose to happen to inferior races??? they die off, go extinct....

but in the end..... im not some big-anti affirmative action person... i mean, i could almost care less if we keep it or not......... i was just stating that it isnt true that blacks werent given equal opportunity..... and that it is suppose to be the fittest that survive in this world.....

Old 12-05-05, 12:36 AM   #36
Blay'all

Quote:
for christ sakes.. most black friends i know dont even like affirmative action because its basically tagging them as being inferior....like they need help, and arent good enough...... and do u know wats suppose to happen to inferior races??? they die off, go extinct....

and by saying that whites somehow "out-fitted" blacks, you basically labeled them an inferior race from the start

Old 12-05-05, 12:37 AM   #37
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

Quote:
oh yeah, that may be true that generally only 1 student will make it to those universities from your school, but that's not because they do that on purpose since somebody has alread been accepted or somethin, thats just because its so hard to get into those schools so usually only like 1 student from ur school makes it

im talkin schools like even BC and other good schools that arent ivy league

i dunno if u know wat the IB is or not..... but it is seriously filled with students who could go to ANY college in the nation and be the top, or close to the top of their class...... like the top 10-20 students would prolly be the validictorian of their class if they went to any other school in the area

this is all hypothetical..... but i think u get my point

Old 12-05-05, 12:40 AM   #38
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

Quote:
and by saying that whites somehow "out-fitted" blacks, you basically labeled them an inferior race from the start

ok... ur point????? (thats not wat i was stating) but are we suppose to feel sad for the inferior race and help them out at our own cost???? "biologically" speaking, it would make no sense to be doing wat we are doing

...... but i was more saying that whites "advanced"/"evolved" more in very metaphysical terms

Old 12-05-05, 12:46 AM   #39
Blay'all

yeah, we have IB... but anyways
Quote:
ok... ur point????? (thats not wat i was stating) but are we suppose to feel sad for the inferior race and help them out at our own cost???? "biologically" speaking, it would make no sense to be doing wat we are doing

...... but i was more saying that whites "advanced"/"evolved" more in very metaphysical terms

argh, i wasnt trying to make a point out the inferior race myself, you just used that in your previous argument, that by being for affirmative action you are labeling minorities an inferior race, and by thinking that that somehow means they should be extinct, and i just pointed out that u contradicted yourself like woah because you yourself earlier labeled them as inferior

but w/e, im done

Old 12-05-05, 12:48 AM   #40
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

and how did u show that i contradicted myself??????? cuz i really dont see it......... i know wat ur sayin.... but i dont see it...

Old 12-05-05, 12:50 AM   #41
Blay'all

i just explained all that, and if u dont understand it where i just explained it, then look like 3 posts back where i explained it the first time... im done with this thread, im tired of it

Old 12-05-05, 12:54 AM   #42
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

actually screw what i just sed......... i also sed that either we advanced, or were superior from the start..... either way it really doesnt matter

and i sed i understand wat u were sayin but i dont see it... if u really think u made me contradict myself, quote me or sum shit...... dont just put words in my mouth