RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-08, 04:09 PM   #1
Also Known.

Text Record: 14-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Smile The Beatles

IP: 1FF2 8B94

Some of the greatest production quality ever. Anybody got any hip hop beats with Beatles samples? I'd really want a beat with "Yesterday" sampled on the hook to do a song like "White Dawgs-Right Here Waiting" And didn't they have a mash up with Jay-Z?

THE TRUTH IS I'M BETTER THAN YOU
Send a message via AIM to Also Known.   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-08, 05:08 PM   #2
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Text Record: 23-0
IP: 9244 687A

The Beatles' music does not deserve to be sampled and ruined.

88 miles per hour should do it.
Old 07-28-08, 06:36 PM   #3
Adam

Text Record: 28-0
Audio Record: 1-0
IP: D088 20AB

I agree, don't fuck with that shit.
Old 07-28-08, 06:53 PM   #4
Also Known.

IP: 0748 B153

Who said I'd ruin it? Think positive thats how my entire life changed. I'ma do me so if I choose to make a song and it appeals to me, in my eyes i succeeded

Old 07-28-08, 07:32 PM   #5
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Or... Instead, you could create your own music and not steal other peoples.

Old 07-28-08, 08:39 PM   #6
Also Known.

IP: 0748 B153

Tell that to the rest of the hip hop and rap community making money off it. I'm just tryin to relieve creative expression.

Rick Ross-Push it
White Dawg-Right Here Waiting
Jay Z-Justify My Thug

Just to name a couple

Old 07-28-08, 08:52 PM   #7
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

You don't have to tell me anybody who is making money off of stealing other peoples music. I'm telling you, stealing other peoples music just shows how creative you are. That you can't think of your own way to express your feelings and emotions. They put their hearts into their music and created masterpeice after masterpeice. If you were any kind of real musician, you would do the same.

Old 07-28-08, 11:14 PM   #8
Also Known.

IP: B0A3 CA59

If I died and people sampled my music just cuz they wana make something new and pay dues to the old i'd be ok with it. Plus a lot of the musicians who have been sampled are making new money from old music. You think they care as long as the song is good and they get paid? Get real man money rules the world. If I re-did "Yesterday" made a hit song and offered The Beatles a chunk of cash to release it they'd say no? I'm just trying to do it for me, because "Yesterday" is one of my favorite songs I'd like to hear my voice with The Beatles. Don't knock what I like to do thats just ignorant. Its like me saying don't wear Throwback Jerseys cuz your not Michael Jordan.

Old 07-29-08, 12:27 AM   #9
Adam

Anybody who makes music for money isn't a musician or artist, just a fucking joke.
Old 07-29-08, 12:28 AM   #10
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: 8D19 654F

hip hop was basically built off of "stealing" other peoples music.... wth do u think all the old school djs did...

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 07-29-08, 12:29 AM   #11
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lavish
If I died and people sampled my music just cuz they wana make something new and pay dues to the old i'd be ok with it. Plus a lot of the musicians who have been sampled are making new money from old music. You think they care as long as the song is good and they get paid? Get real man money rules the world. If I re-did "Yesterday" made a hit song and offered The Beatles a chunk of cash to release it they'd say no? I'm just trying to do it for me, because "Yesterday" is one of my favorite songs I'd like to hear my voice with The Beatles. Don't knock what I like to do thats just ignorant. Its like me saying don't wear Throwback Jerseys cuz your not Michael Jordan.

That's probably the stupidest comparison I've ever heard. But anyway...

Firstly, sampling rap music is not the same as sampling music with vocalists, guitarists, drummers, bassists, pianists, or whatever the case may be. They're created from the minds of musicians, not from a computer chair.

Second, the two remaining members of the Beatles have more than enough money to last them for the rest of their lives and then some. I honestly don't think they'd agree with someone sampling a piece of one of their most successful songs with a rap beat behind it and some guy "spittin' flows" for a chunk of change they don't need.

Third. To me, music is art. I expect you can agree. Have you ever seen another artist copy part of the Mona Lisa, put it in his painting and say he was paying homage or wanted to see what his work would look like next to it? No. It's called creativity, most people have it, some use it. I suggest you take a look into it and create your own groundbreaking music like The Beatles did instead of stealing theirs.

Lastly. Maybe to you, money rules the world. But if you let money be a factor in deciding wether or not you want your passion torn apart, edited, put behind someone elses voice, and used as a stepping stone to their success, you are truly a fucking tool. I don't expect any logical explanation of why you think it's alright to steal other peoples music to call your own besides what you've already said. So, good day.

Old 07-29-08, 12:31 AM   #12
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOne
hip hop was basically built off of "stealing" other peoples music.... wth do u think all the old school djs did...

You can thank Aerosmith for mainstream hip-hop.
Old 07-29-08, 10:13 AM   #13
Also Known.

IP: B589 1949

There's no use in arguing this with me personally i'm a big fan of sampled music and i'ma continue makin it myself. Big ups to Past Tense for the Tears in Heaven sample beat which I made a song on. And Yung Miss for the Struggle beat

Old 07-29-08, 10:23 AM   #14
Speats
Hell yeah

Text Record: 10-8
IP: 381A B2C2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam
Anybody who makes music for money isn't a musician or artist, just a fucking joke.

Dont agree, its not like if I took a sample and only add drums to them, I modifie it my way, if I use a sample well ill try to add and do something more creative with it, check my eleonor rigby beat off my soundclick, only took a 4 second sample and made it dope.
Send a message via AIM to Speats Send a message via MSN to Speats   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-08, 05:22 PM   #15
Kirk
Peace, Love, Unity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lavish
There's no use in arguing this with me personally i'm a big fan of sampled music and i'ma continue makin it myself. Big ups to Past Tense for the Tears in Heaven sample beat which I made a song on. And Yung Miss for the Struggle beat

Yeah, yo. Big up to thieves.