RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-07, 04:19 PM   #1
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

Why does everyone have such strong views...

IP:

about Lil Wayne??? i mean...... im checkin out some forums and youtube videos... and every single one is "HE FUCKIN SUCKS" or "GREATEST RAPPER ALIVE, shutup u hatin ass dick suckaz!!!"

no ones ever lke "this song was deso"... hell, most of the time wen i check a youtube clip, people dont even comment on the SONG, but jsut wat they personally think of lil wayne.... this first brings me to one conclusion: Lil Wayne does the same thing on every track.... wat i like to call "the shotgun effect" aka he just says ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that comes to his mind and hopes that a few of his lines hit..... i think that he is smart and has realized that people usually comment on a raw ass LINE rather than a very well thought out concept... which is sad, but true.... there is almost NO consistency to his topics wen he's rapping... he could talk about 50 irrelevant things on ONE track just because they rhyme, but to alotta people it still sounds ill because he puts wordplay in ever line....

i find Lil Wayne funny... he is by no means the best rapper dead or alive... shit hes such a joke and sideshow to me that i NEVER consider him as an ARTIST... he may be a rapper, and a decent one at that... but hes by no means as ARTIST, and to me he's def not hip hop....

ill listen to his supposed "freestyles" for a laugh, but he's def not a rapper id like to hear a whole album from at one time... his flow is so repetitive on so many tracks... he seems to even get off beat alot.... he HAS swagger... but besides swagger and some middle-school (i wont say elementary) wordplay, he's just.... not... that.. good.....

but, to go back to wat i said earlier..... im not all HES SO FUCKIN WACK.... WNA... WACKEST NIGGA ALIVE... or any shit like that... but why is everyone else like its a matter of world concern?

...The real Renegade before Hova...