RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-06, 03:31 PM   #1
KISI
atlas the vagabond

White struggle

IP:

this is going to be on the topic of white struggle.
what is your idea of white struggle, or the struggles of white people?
do you believe that they struggle at all?

common white struggle arguments:

1.affirmative action:taking jobs away from white people
2.political correctness in media:blacks can say many things white people can't.
3.Black people simple can't seem to get motivated, to come out of thier poverty.
4.White people who embrace black culture, are met with racism from blacks.

lesser ones.
5. Bet(black entertainment television) is blatantly racist, what would happen if they came out with White entertainment Television.
6.Rap music is leading society, our youth in downward spiral towards destruction.

i myself will address some, you may disagree with me.

affirmative action.

w.a.(white argument)
i don't agree that a black person should be given a job over a white person simply because the color of his skin. Because of affirmative action, more qualified white people are losing jobs. I'm not racist, i just don't believe less qualified people should be allowed jobs over, some better qualified people, that just may happen to be white.

my argument.

to begin, i'll note that this argument, is almost always angrily voiced towards a black person. i.e. dave chappelle was on a talk show a while back, and a crowd of white men, were all angrily attacking this topic, putting it towards him. White people against Affirmative action, always direct thier discontempt towards black people. Which is The very last person you should direct this argument to.

What ethnic group controls america. White People.
What ethnic group makes the laws in this country? white people
Who put this law into effect? White People.
What is this law in counterraction to? The on the job racism in...White People.

You see affirmative action was put in place, because the overall mindset in white people, in position to hire, was a racist one. Black people weren't getting jobs, because they were in a country ruled by racist white people who wouldn't hire them. In putting this law in, they probably knew that racism would never end. When you are exposed to such blatant racism, on such a high scale, it's hard to believe that it would ever end. So, by white people, against racist white people, this was put into effect, to give blacks an equal chance at having a life.

now on the subject of blacks that are not as qualified for the jobs getting ones over more qualified white people.

If this happens, it is a side effect of the system. It is sad, but the black people hired, if they arent as qualified as another white person, at least they are qualified enough to do thier job. And that's all that matters.

You can only blame the racism for this side effect, maybe if white people were giving black people a chance, or would, because i believe it affirmative action went out completely, thier would be massive loss in jobs for black people, this wouldn't happen.

so if you have any complaints in affirmative action, blame your racist brother, or your government.

5. Bet(black entertainment television) is blatantly racist, what would happen if they came out with White entertainment Television.

you see, at the time bet came out, mtv only played one black artist: Michael jackson. All thier music was geared towards white people, we didn't have our culture on tv, and our culture is and has been a big part of america.

so bet was made.
it displayed and aired music from our culture, ones geared towards the youth and to the old, and gave us a sense of accomplishment while also catering to us, specifically.

is it racist?

no i don't think so. Because if it weren't for bet, mtv will still be in the shape it was then.

mtv didn't start playing rap, out of the goodness of thier hearts. they did it in competition with bet.

this isn't opinion it's fact.

white entertainment television(what would happen if it came out)

people might be outraged, but if they would it would be rightly so.

white people have been in complete control of everything, blacks and other minority's have lived in a system structured against them in every venue of thier lives. Less than a half century ago, we couldnt get married legally, couldn't eat in the same places, couldn't find work. Everything was made the better of the white man.

so if w.e.t.(no laughs) would almost mark a blatant return to this era.

anyway post your thoughts.