RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Word on the street > Audio Assistance
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-05, 05:04 PM   #1
D.Zaster
Banned: Biting

Text Record: 32-6
Making Accapellas

IP: 1957 00B2

anyway of making accapellas from songs?

Or taking the beat and editing out vocals?

I remembere seeing how to do this round somewhere
Old 12-26-05, 11:25 AM   #2
D.Zaster

IP: AC41 C306

Help would be nice
Old 12-27-05, 11:45 AM   #3
KempoMRK
The Saviour

IP: 04AF 913D

You can't. The only way to get acapellas is to download them, you can partially remove the beat but then the track will have the lyrics all high pitched and the beat partially behind it in a weird sound.
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-05, 02:21 PM   #4
D.Zaster

IP: FAF1 A8BE

Yes you can.

Heres how:

Thought everyone should know this.

courtesy of Acoustia Message Board

This is definitely a difficult task, but there may be some hope!

Here's the little trick. You will need an external sound mp3 editor such as CoolEdit.

The trick is to rely on the fact that vocals are usually positioned in the "center" of the stereo field. (Balanced between the left and right speakers).

Unfortunately, there are usually other artifacts such as reverb and effects which are usually panned to one side.

You start with a stereo file and end up with a mono file with the center frequency cancelled. Its not very good for most songs...but it does work for some. This process is also known as the "OOPS effect" as it cancels frequencies.

Here's how its done with CoolEdit :
Load the WAV/MP3 file into Cool Edit.
Create a new window with no WAV file in it (File->New...).
Set the settings at 44.1KHz 16-bit *mono*.
Switch back to the original WAV/MP3 file (with the "Window" menu).
Select the entire left channel in the original WAV file. If you move the mouse to the top of the WAV display area, the mouse cursor gets a little 'L' next to it. Pick a spot near the middle of the screen, left click, and drag all the way to the left edge. Then move the cursor back to the middle, right click, and drag all the way to the right edge. You should now have the entire left channel selected.
Select "copy". Switch to the new WAV file, and select "paste". Switch back to the original.
Move the mouse cursor near the bottom of the WAV graphic until the mouse pointer gets an 'R' next to it, and select the entire right channel the way you did the left.
Select "copy". Switch to the new WAV file. From the Edit menu, select "Mix paste...".
Select "Overlap (Mix)", volume of 100, and check the "Invert" checkbox. Click "OK".

Give this a try to see how it works for you. You may want to just try looking around the 'net for an "instrumental" version of the song (if it is available).

Acoustia Message Board
Old 12-27-05, 07:04 PM   #5
KempoMRK
The Saviour

IP: 04AF 913D

Yeah, I just came back to this thread to post that. I'm gonna give it a try in a bit.
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-05, 10:43 AM   #6
Immense

Text Record: 16-12
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 6A93 6478

only works on old songs..like from the 70's..

fact is it cant be done on recent songs because of how they are mixed and stuff....

if your a mult million dollar producer then maybe there is a way...i think the best way is to just search for the acapella....if you cant find it,then give up.

I Promise Alot...But I Deliver Alot More...

...Topicals...

SPEKTIKUL GFX