RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-07, 04:19 PM   #1
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

Why does everyone have such strong views...

IP: 96EC 2170

about Lil Wayne??? i mean...... im checkin out some forums and youtube videos... and every single one is "HE FUCKIN SUCKS" or "GREATEST RAPPER ALIVE, shutup u hatin ass dick suckaz!!!"

no ones ever lke "this song was deso"... hell, most of the time wen i check a youtube clip, people dont even comment on the SONG, but jsut wat they personally think of lil wayne.... this first brings me to one conclusion: Lil Wayne does the same thing on every track.... wat i like to call "the shotgun effect" aka he just says ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that comes to his mind and hopes that a few of his lines hit..... i think that he is smart and has realized that people usually comment on a raw ass LINE rather than a very well thought out concept... which is sad, but true.... there is almost NO consistency to his topics wen he's rapping... he could talk about 50 irrelevant things on ONE track just because they rhyme, but to alotta people it still sounds ill because he puts wordplay in ever line....

i find Lil Wayne funny... he is by no means the best rapper dead or alive... shit hes such a joke and sideshow to me that i NEVER consider him as an ARTIST... he may be a rapper, and a decent one at that... but hes by no means as ARTIST, and to me he's def not hip hop....

ill listen to his supposed "freestyles" for a laugh, but he's def not a rapper id like to hear a whole album from at one time... his flow is so repetitive on so many tracks... he seems to even get off beat alot.... he HAS swagger... but besides swagger and some middle-school (i wont say elementary) wordplay, he's just.... not... that.. good.....

but, to go back to wat i said earlier..... im not all HES SO FUCKIN WACK.... WNA... WACKEST NIGGA ALIVE... or any shit like that... but why is everyone else like its a matter of world concern?

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 07-13-07, 05:10 PM   #2
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: B4EB 5C31

Lil Wayne is hot

niggas hate on him cuz he has a 6 pack and they're just big and fat

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-07, 05:11 PM   #3
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: 3828 4301

I CAN'T STAND THAT NO TALENT PIECE OF SHIT. I HOPE HE CURLS UP IN A LITTLE BALL ON THE FLOOR COVERED IN HIS OWN VOMIT AND FECES AND DIES A SLOW PAINFUL DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-13-07, 05:13 PM   #4
iamthatdude87
Addicted

IP: 06E1 3C3F

Lol Lil Wayne Is Ight......dont Hate...lol
Old 07-13-07, 05:19 PM   #5
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygma
I CAN'T STAND THAT NO TALENT PIECE OF SHIT. I HOPE HE CURLS UP IN A LITTLE BALL ON THE FLOOR COVERED IN HIS OWN VOMIT AND FECES AND DIES A SLOW PAINFUL DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shut up fat man! Ur jus jealous of his 6-pack abs.
Old 07-13-07, 06:06 PM   #6
Enygma
O.wning Y.ou D.aily

IP: 3828 4301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha .Q
Shut up fat man! Ur jus jealous of his 6-pack abs.

I'LL DRINK THOSE SIX PACKS AND THEN PISS ALL OVER HIS PUTRID REMAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-07, 06:48 PM   #7
chip
pain is weakness leaving the body

IP: 104A BFFB

lmao... lil wayne's iight... i've heard better, but no one i've ever heard "hits" hot lines as often as he does... except maybe Cassidy... idk, but weezy is by no stretch of the imagination "whack"...

"I don't want to be deep... I want to feel deep and use that feeling to express depth itself..."
-Konchance

my poetry:
untitled
Send a message via AIM to chip   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-07, 07:38 PM   #8
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

^^^Shut up...ur jealous cuz he has a 8 pack too!
Old 07-13-07, 07:49 PM   #9
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: F175 FBF7

He's a damn good ARTIST, but he misses horribly about 10% of the time. If you've heard The Carter 3 Sessions, you would have noticed that he's really just experimenting a lot with different ways to use his voice, different concepts to connect etc. I do think it's true that he never really sticks true to a topic, but that's like pointing out that Jay-Z isn't very good at conclusions and saying he's whack for it. He has an ill voice, but like Canibus, some people love it and some people hate it.

As corny as it is, Wayne is one of those artists you have to understand and connect with at some point, THEN you get why so many people think he's the greatest, and when you don't see it, you can't understand. Personally, when I heard him say, "The motha fuckin best yet.....sorry for cussin" I realized where he was coming from and started seeing his shit in a whole new light.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 07-13-07, 10:40 PM   #10
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

im sorry Soc... he's not an artist... u have to have concepts.... u have to have lines that i dont throw away everyday.... and yea, he does miss horribly 10% of the time, and 60% of the time its like "eh" and then the other 30% hit good.... that doesnt make an artist.... he fuckin just throws everythin at the wall and hopes somethin sticks.... why do u think all u do is see him go on a REMIX and do a "freestyle" or u see him do a collabo and have only one verse.... cuz he cant carry a whole song with that style... he goes off track way too much..

and ur comparison with Jay-Z isnt 1. as blatant and 2. as comparable because songs are suppose to have consistency.... ur not suppose to do random shit

and trust me, i went thru my lil wayne phase and it died FAST cuz i realize he does the same shit... his style is so predictable and easily replicated.... one of my boys did his own lil wayne verse... a 4 minute freestyle (even does the voice) and honestly, if u hadnt told people it wasnt wayne, they woulda been laughin cuz it was an "ill" wayne verse instead of laughin because of how well he mocked him....

shit, i remember that someone else (i think it was apexx) linked everyone in LL to a different person fakin a lil wayne verse...... and i SAW comments in the thread of people who hadnt read first that it was a FAKE... and i saw NUMEROUS comments where people were like "this shit was ill" and even a few people who were sayin THIS was the reason he was the greatest rapper alive

smh.... i really dont respect his style... DID IT BEFORE... have u heard DID IT BEFORE.... its a kind of cool concept for about THIRTY SECONDS and then gets way too annoying and repetitive, and actually repeats the same meaning behind the "did it before"s

Old 07-13-07, 11:13 PM   #11
Past Tense
On The Air - COMIN JAN 07

IP: BB78 D6B4

I only liked one cd by lil wayne. That was his first cd LIGHTS OUT! he sounds way different

ADD ME LETS MAKE SOMETHING
Old 07-13-07, 11:49 PM   #12
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
IP: F175 FBF7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOne
im sorry Soc... he's not an artist... u have to have concepts.... u have to have lines that i dont throw away everyday.... and yea, he does miss horribly 10% of the time, and 60% of the time its like "eh" and then the other 30% hit good.... that doesnt make an artist.... he fuckin just throws everythin at the wall and hopes somethin sticks.... why do u think all u do is see him go on a REMIX and do a "freestyle" or u see him do a collabo and have only one verse.... cuz he cant carry a whole song with that style... he goes off track way too much..

and ur comparison with Jay-Z isnt 1. as blatant and 2. as comparable because songs are suppose to have consistency.... ur not suppose to do random shit

and trust me, i went thru my lil wayne phase and it died FAST cuz i realize he does the same shit... his style is so predictable and easily replicated.... one of my boys did his own lil wayne verse... a 4 minute freestyle (even does the voice) and honestly, if u hadnt told people it wasnt wayne, they woulda been laughin cuz it was an "ill" wayne verse instead of laughin because of how well he mocked him....

shit, i remember that someone else (i think it was apexx) linked everyone in LL to a different person fakin a lil wayne verse...... and i SAW comments in the thread of people who hadnt read first that it was a FAKE... and i saw NUMEROUS comments where people were like "this shit was ill" and even a few people who were sayin THIS was the reason he was the greatest rapper alive

smh.... i really dont respect his style... DID IT BEFORE... have u heard DID IT BEFORE.... its a kind of cool concept for about THIRTY SECONDS and then gets way too annoying and repetitive, and actually repeats the same meaning behind the "did it before"s

See, just because dumbasses like Wayne for a dumbass reason, doesn't mean everyone likes Wayne for that same reason. And like I said, he experiments a lot and sees what reaction he gets. Other than that, it's a difference in opinion from there and useless in arguing.

I think it's kind of like how I don't like Pac. I don't like his shit, I think it's repetitive, predictable and actually pretty whack, but I still learned that I only saw it that way because my perspective was different than his target audience. If people want to talk about greatest rappers, I'll bring up Pac eventually even though I don't like him, cuz I respect what he did, even if it wasn't for me.

Yes I just compared Wayne to Pac.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 07-14-07, 11:23 AM   #13
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

i see wat ur sayin but the reason why wayne should never be considered a great is the same reason rappers like fabolous and cassidy will never be considered greats... they just arent serious in their raps.... fab actually has some pretty nice lyrics and wordplay but it takes away from the song alot of times (in my opinion) because theyre only there for that "wow" effect or to make u laugh... it is very possible to have an ill metaphor thats not supposed to make u laugh.... but none of them three are able to do it.... or it seems that way right now.... even in a lot of fabs more "serious" songs he still adds in that same type of comedic wordplay "hit me with the blues so hard u would think i was crippin"..... and lil wayne right now is the king of just comedic wordplay... i think hes good at wat he does.... but wat he does should not put him on the status of greats.... if he didnt already have a reputation from his last CD, and with hit songs like Fireman... if he was an up and comer, i think everyone agrees he would not be anywhere near this big or be considered a great..... he would prolly be viewed as i view him: a novelty act, a sideshow

Old 07-14-07, 12:02 PM   #14
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 6C2A 81A8

he is either hit or miss....i like a lot of his stuff....hate a lot of his stuff
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-07, 12:05 PM   #15
p4ntzistheish
The story goes. Bill, B.

Text Record: 5-4
IP: 606D F99A

I just don't like WHAT he raps about. It's the same as the next industry Schmuck. Though I can respect the one album he did without cursing. If only more rappers did that, it'd so some more creativity. Or at least not make me feel like an ass for buying a CD where 60% of the words are "Fuck", "Nigga", or "Bitch".
Send a message via AIM to p4ntzistheish Send a message via MSN to p4ntzistheish   Reply With Quote