RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-05, 08:07 AM   #46
El Taco
aka'd

Text Record: 11-2
IP: 9E2F CDE8

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZK
I've actually been on this site for awhile. I just formatted my HD a couple months ago and I lost all my bookmarks. Saw this on my "links" thing under my soundclick stats.

I appreciate the love though. I'm talking to labels, I don't hate them all... Just the ones who offer shitty deals. Haha.

ps: Adderall fuels my rage, anyone who gets it for me, is my hero. ie: Omen
pps: I don't remember "R Rated" ever messaging me, for the record.

half clock half man

The Establishment

I am the Batman.
Old 06-29-05, 08:17 AM   #47
DZK
New to RV

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Exclamation

IP: ED76 C402

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond
You always gotta start with the shitty offers before you get the big ones..

Thats another reason he wont make it.. Hes got a big net ego and thinks he only deserves big time deals when he should take his head out of the clouds and realise that he aint even got a cd on the shelf and hes been rapping since before 96.. I aint hating, I like his music but just cause you top internet charts dont mean people are gonna instantly want your music on tv.. He needs to sign to a shitty deal, get a cd on the shelf and then rape the fucking lable untill he gets enough REAL LIFE promotion to get offered a better deal, nobodys gonna mother this dude into fame with a big contract from the get go no matter how dope he is on track.. Maybe the amount of amphetamines he eats has gotton to his head a bit..

That's a misconception. You don't have to take shitty deals... Not if you have a huge following and you work hard building up your fan-base before you go to these labels. It's not about skill, to them, it's about them spending money on something that potentially will (or will not) sell. It's way more complex than "Oh, you're dope at rapping, go sign a shitty deal and work your way up." There are much more intelligent ways to go about that.

3 years ago, you might be right about the internet charts not making a difference, but now, majors are really starting to realize the power of the 'net. Believe me, I've sat in plenty of meetings where we've discussed this at great length. The Internet is "real life" promotion. I've collected 10,000+ emails of people who want a CD, since 2002. That's "real life" money. I haven't spent a dime to promote my name, besides the 10$ per month that I pay soundclick.

Just because you hear some rumors and listen to my songs, try not to assume all this weird shit about me. You don't know my siutation based off my lyrics and my "image" -- and what you think you know about major labels. Just get it from my mouth, it'll be a lot more accurate.

The truth is, yeah, I started getting involved in rap around 1996 -- but between 1996-2001 - I probably rapped about 20 songs (which were covers of other peoples music). I didn't get serious until 2002. I didn't even make a song until 2002. Since then, I've made over 300. I'm practicing, I'm developing. I'm not that good yet, yo, I'm nowhere NEAR the level I want to be at.

Plus, I'm not ready to throw my life into the complete and utter chaos that is "fame." I'm happy right now, I'm enjoying my small-scale internet success, I'm building a fanbase and a business plan. I'm networking with a lot of folks and when the time is right, I will take it to the next level.
Old 06-29-05, 08:45 AM   #48
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3374 00C5

wtf does DZK has like a net radar for whenever someone talks about him? shit is wierd.
Old 06-29-05, 08:49 AM   #49
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: A9CB 80EB

alias....??

I unno.
Old 06-29-05, 08:51 AM   #50
Lyriclesolja
I Create Dope Poetry For The Thinkers Of Tomarrow....I Am Lyriclesolja

IP: 8D90 9AAC

i didnt listen to it....;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indeph
Lyricalsolja you illy on the sickness tip.
Send a message via AIM to Lyriclesolja Send a message via MSN to Lyriclesolja   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-05, 08:58 AM   #51
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 3374 00C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daubs
alias....??

I unno.

Nah it is him... but this has happened before... when soc said he was overrated then DZK popped outta nowhere to defend himself..
Old 06-29-05, 09:02 AM   #52
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: A9CB 80EB

Lmao, must be fucked for him...people talkin shit a lot bout him, sometimes they give props...but not always.

Eve when he aint there!
Old 06-29-05, 09:11 AM   #53
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: 1184 3B5F

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZK
That's a misconception. You don't have to take shitty deals... Not if you have a huge following and you work hard building up your fan-base before you go to these labels. It's not about skill, to them, it's about them spending money on something that potentially will (or will not) sell. It's way more complex than "Oh, you're dope at rapping, go sign a shitty deal and work your way up." There are much more intelligent ways to go about that.

3 years ago, you might be right about the internet charts not making a difference, but now, majors are really starting to realize the power of the 'net. Believe me, I've sat in plenty of meetings where we've discussed this at great length. The Internet is "real life" promotion. I've collected 10,000+ emails of people who want a CD, since 2002. That's "real life" money. I haven't spent a dime to promote my name, besides the 10$ per month that I pay soundclick.

Just because you hear some rumors and listen to my songs, try not to assume all this weird shit about me. You don't know my siutation based off my lyrics and my "image" -- and what you think you know about major labels. Just get it from my mouth, it'll be a lot more accurate.

The truth is, yeah, I started getting involved in rap around 1996 -- but between 1996-2001 - I probably rapped about 20 songs (which were covers of other peoples music). I didn't get serious until 2002. I didn't even make a song until 2002. Since then, I've made over 300. I'm practicing, I'm developing. I'm not that good yet, yo, I'm nowhere NEAR the level I want to be at.

Plus, I'm not ready to throw my life into the complete and utter chaos that is "fame." I'm happy right now, I'm enjoying my small-scale internet success, I'm building a fanbase and a business plan. I'm networking with a lot of folks and when the time is right, I will take it to the next level.

Dude the net will only go so far promotion wise, I mean sure by all means use it as a marketing tool.. Its cheap and easy.. But your stuff wont ever be the hottest shit on the streets when its only being advertised on the internet.. I respect that you say your not ready for fame but sitting on the net collecting fan emails waiting to be offered the perfect deal? Thats not how to make it big in the rap industry believe me..

Its now 2005.. You been serious about rapping for 3 years, youve got the ability to make music that will sell cd's.. I think it might be time for you to stop hiding behind the little "im not ready for fame' thing and start putting some serious work in.. And that means actually spending money in real life promoting your shit.. But yeah, you say your working on a business plan.. Good luck with that, hopefully you have already thought of the shit I'm talking about..
Old 06-29-05, 11:08 AM   #54
Jae Cyph
Shadow Boxing

IP: C726 BF6B

ROCAFELLA Sent me a message on SC they want me signed, nucca !
Send a message via AIM to Jae Cyph Send a message via Yahoo to Jae Cyph   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-05, 11:27 AM   #55
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

^And I bet it wasnt a big time deal either bro ey..
Old 06-29-05, 11:30 AM   #56
Jae Cyph
Shadow Boxing

IP: C726 BF6B

LoL , nah see HOV called me and he's like "Jay cizzle my nizzle"
and i`m like "Dis my nucca jay Z ?"
and hes like " Cheach wanna deal"
and i`m like "Fuck that nigga, G UNIT!"
Send a message via AIM to Jae Cyph Send a message via Yahoo to Jae Cyph   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-05, 11:33 AM   #57
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: 3B27 2020

lmao Soc was callin DZK soft and shit, and than two posts later dzK came in ownin everyone pretty much...... i forgot about that last time... kinda funny, but i still think u should start with a shitty record label but with loose bindings... like 1 year or so... 2 albums.... some shit like that so ur not stuck there very long at all... hell if i was u i would have like 95% old SC shit on the first album jjust so u get sumthin out there...... even tho that might be bogus to ur big online fans

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 06-29-05, 11:46 AM   #58
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Quote:
Originally Posted by ..Galant..
lmao Soc was callin DZK soft and shit, and than two posts later dzK came in ownin everyone pretty much...... i forgot about that last time... kinda funny, but i still think u should start with a shitty record label but with loose bindings... like 1 year or so... 2 albums.... some shit like that so ur not stuck there very long at all... hell if i was u i would have like 95% old SC shit on the first album jjust so u get sumthin out there...... even tho that might be bogus to ur big online fans

Lose bindings like soon as you get offered something better you bitch slap their ass and leave..
Old 06-29-05, 11:50 AM   #59
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: 3B27 2020

lmfao, i have no clue wat u are on

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 06-29-05, 11:53 AM   #60
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol