RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-05, 03:05 AM   #1
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Just think..

IP:

Aight I was watchin a Dave Chappelle stand up on comedy central just now. He said something that really made me think. "Keepin it real isn't a term used alot around the white community". And that killed me cause its true. Now if you think about it, if you a black dude you either a sellout uncle tom, or a criminal. No joke. I think it was marv jay that said "rap will forever stay in the hood, burb niggas is pussy". I mean seriously, ghetto pride is cool, but when it gets to the point where success is frowned upon its sickening. Musically the term 'real nigga' is said alot. So what the fuck is a 'real nigga'? They use it on 2pac and young jeezy. I never once heard them refer to kweli as a real nigga. This is what hip hop has done to us. We've accepted our faults and even created an emotional barrier to even be a man. Bill Cosby told us the ugly truth and the white media made us look stupid and the black media made him a bad guy. STOP FUCKIN' USING SUCCESS AS A DISADVANTAGE. I saw spul's thread and people actually sayin' shit about him not being able to rap cause he rich. Listen successful people should be admired not hated. I'm no where near successful, but thats a GOAL. Stop accepting your low rank and strive to become better. That's all I got to say.. for now at least.

Last edited by -Indeph- : 10-23-05 at 10:49 PM.