RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Comments & Suggestions
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-23-06, 06:58 PM   #1
Mimesis.
Middle Weight

Hall of Fame

IP:

Yeah, I know it's been suggested and shot down before, but at least take the time to read what I have to say. Strobe, I know you're doing what you can to make sure that this site doesn't turn into RB, and in many ways it's different, but at least take this into consideration.

Having RV Awards doesn't always work. Some months there is a massive amount of sick stuff being posted, and other months there is hardly anything good. But, no matter what the situation is, only one thing gets put up each month. That leaves many peices that may have deserved better recognition left with nothing. Also, with RV Awards there has come massive amounts of bitching over claims of "dickriding" and people saying they're being "cheated" out of awards. People are saying that some people are AIMing/PMing for votes and that in turn, the one peice that is allowed every month isn't even the best one.

There is a solution to the problem.

First, let me explain the general idea:

Instead of RV Awards it will be the RV Hall of Fame. The first sub forum would be called The Legends. It would be a place to docuement the best people, and the people who have had the most impact on the site. The next sub forum would be called Legendary Peices. Inside that forum would be a few forums. They would be entitled Audio Tracks, Audio Battles, Text Battles, Open Mics, Poetry, and Beats. Since there is graphics on the site, that would be another possibility, but I haven't thought much about that yet.

How things would get in:

Anybody on the site with over a given number of posts could nominate something. For the time being, let's say 1,000 posts to nominate something or somebody. For each sub section (e.g. Audio Tracks, Text Battles, etc.) there would be a list of anywhere between 9-15 people who could vote in or out. If somebody goes inactive, says they're leaving the site, gets banned, etc. they would be taken off and somebody else would be added in. To get put in initially I could make a thread in LL or something to ask RV who they think should be put in. It won't be hard for me to figure out who should be added and who shouldn't. I may not like some people, but I'm not biased when I'm modding and if you're considered good by some of the site, odds are you would end up on the list to vote.

How it would work:

It would take me around a week to set up, but after that I can guarantee it will work. People can begin to nominate things that were considered dope at the time they were posted. The voting would begin and everything would get kicked off. Being that I would be mod from the start I can also guarantee that I'd be able to make everything look good and people won't have to nominate stuff just because somebody has to get in, like in the RV Awards. Only the best things posted would get in.

If you guys just give me the chance, I can guarantee I'll be able to make it work.