RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-08, 06:02 PM   #16
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: C019 9845

^^ exactly

Colt Beat Sam

See Colt Pass

See Sam Lose

See How Bad College Football Is

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily

Old 12-14-08, 06:18 PM   #17
Keith Moon
Thank You, Come Again

Text Record: 11-2
Audio Record: 0-0
IP: EBFD 3D7E

McCoy had Shipley.. who's an amazing reciever... exceptionally quick
Bradford had Iglesias.. and they did keep him in the whole game.
Tebow had an extremely balanced team.

BUt since the hiesman calculates the most VALUABLE player to his team.. I'll say Graham Harrell.. w/o him Texas Tech wouldve put up great numbers but not have won all those games
Old 12-14-08, 09:23 PM   #18
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Text Record: 21-1
IP: 161A F505

LOL @ Colt beat Sam. No Texas beat Oklahoma. Sam did more than Colt that game. Don't tell me otherwise, the game was in Oklahoma's favor when BOTH had no running game and could only pass. Then OU's linebacker goes down, Texas starts finding it's running game. Had many key runs, including a huge 40 or 50 yd run to basically seal the game for final TD.

Texas won that game because they were more balanced in that game. Not because Colt did it by himself. He did do it by himself for most of the game. And Texas trailed all through that period. When Texas found a balance then they won. If anyone actually followed Oklahoma, until the week after the Kansas game (2 weeks after Texas game). OU's running game was pretty much pedestrian if not worse.

Bradford hasn't had ONE bad game this entire yr. I DARE you to find one. I can name one for Colt. His only loss. Throwing a pick six is not heisman worthy. He had 2 or 3 interceptions in that game and played TRASH the first 3 quarters. Then got a lucky Shipley kick return (As he did in the OU-Texas game) and they got rolling again.

Tebow had his at Ole Miss.

Bradford's one loss? 387 yds, 5 TDs, and 1 INT (i don't count the one in the last second of game with the 50 yd hail mary to endzone).

And the arguement about keeping him in 4th? ROFL.. OU has been outscored by opponents something like 70-80 in the 4th. Texas OUTSCORES their opponents in the 4th like 100 to something. And I don't know about Florida.

but rofl @ judging it by one game. He did it in that Missouri game cuz obviously they had chance for history. Why not? Just like Bill Bellicheck kept the Pats in to go 16-0 in that week 16 game. It's a once in a life time feat nobody has accomplished, and he wanted his offense to get it. Why the fuck not? I'd like you to find another example.

Face it, the heisman is NOT a MVP trophy. I REPEAT, it is NOT an MVP trophy. So fuck that Most Valuable Player bullshit. The heisman trophy is for the best college football player that yr. And whether y'all like it or not, it was Sam Bradford.

If you watched him play every week, you'd know it too. I've watched Colt McCoy play every week and same with Tebow. I'm probably one of the biggest college football nuts out there. Bradford easily deserved it.

quit yacking, its over and you can't change it. BRADFORD 2008 HEISMAN WINNER. WORD

^wordddd

2x Best audio head (Jan '05, Jan '06)
KORV 2 Final 4
KORV 0 and KORV 3 Champion
First 1-2-1 champ

3x Best Audio collaboration... (August '05-October '05)
Send a message via AIM to J. Luth   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-08, 11:07 PM   #19
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: 0FDC 2FD3

i think bradfords stats were Heavily inflated though by playing meaningless football.... they were either trying to boost up his stats against cupcakes or keeping him in against teams who had already put in the second string defense and/or stopped caring about the game since they're losing by like 40 pointss...

i mean even in the first game where they played one of the worst teams in college football, a school most people dont even know played football, he's still in the game in the third quarter Throwing the ball when they're up 50-2..... (they actually put in the backup at one point, and then took him out and put bradford back in!) in the cincinatti game he's still throwing in the fourth quarter (actually threw for a touchdown) and the score was like 50-20... still out there throwing the ball in the next game when the score is 42-7.... throws the ball 10 times in the fourth quarter in a game that was 42-17 before his first pass of that quarter... for christs sake the score was like 60-20 in one game and he was Still throwing touchdown passes... i mean bradford was even throwing the ball in the 4th quarter of the TTU game when the score was 58-14....

on the other hand, you had teams like Florida who actually took tebow out in the First half sometimes, or at least stopped trying to Throw the ball, lol... and then you had McCoy who completed 80% of his passes, personally gained 70% of his teams offensive yards, was the leader in pass yards, pass touchdowns, rush yards, and rush touchdowns on his team, in one of the best conferences (if not The best) in the country, and his team Won the game against OU... and dont give me some bullshit that Oklahoma was like beating up on Texas the whole time, and the running game needed to save McCoy... Texas only got ouscored in One quarter the whole game (7-3 in the 1st quarter, big whoop) and bradford couldnt win the game in basically the Only game they had a team Actually contest them... yeah he threw for 5 touchdowns 2 interceptions, no one is denying that he was the "stat" leader of the year, or that he Lost them the game... but he didnt win it either....

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 12-14-08, 11:34 PM   #20
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamOne
i think bradfords stats were Heavily inflated though by playing meaningless football.... they were either trying to boost up his stats against cupcakes or keeping him in against teams who had already put in the second string defense and/or stopped caring about the game since they're losing by like 40 pointss...

i mean even in the first game where they played one of the worst teams in college football, a school most people dont even know played football, he's still in the game in the third quarter Throwing the ball when they're up 50-2..... (they actually put in the backup at one point, and then took him out and put bradford back in!) in the cincinatti game he's still throwing in the fourth quarter (actually threw for a touchdown) and the score was like 50-20... still out there throwing the ball in the next game when the score is 42-7.... throws the ball 10 times in the fourth quarter in a game that was 42-17 before his first pass of that quarter... for christs sake the score was like 60-20 in one game and he was Still throwing touchdown passes... i mean bradford was even throwing the ball in the 4th quarter of the TTU game when the score was 58-14....

on the other hand, you had teams like Florida who actually took tebow out in the First half sometimes, or at least stopped trying to Throw the ball, lol... and then you had McCoy who completed 80% of his passes, personally gained 70% of his teams offensive yards, was the leader in pass yards, pass touchdowns, rush yards, and rush touchdowns on his team, in one of the best conferences (if not The best) in the country, and his team Won the game against OU... and dont give me some bullshit that Oklahoma was like beating up on Texas the whole time, and the running game needed to save McCoy... Texas only got ouscored in One quarter the whole game (7-3 in the 1st quarter, big whoop) and bradford couldnt win the game in basically the Only game they had a team Actually contest them... yeah he threw for 5 touchdowns 2 interceptions, no one is denying that he was the "stat" leader of the year, or that he Lost them the game... but he didnt win it either....

Ok, first off. It's fucking football. You try telling a kid that wants to play that he should only play one half. Fuck that, if it's 4th quarter of the 50-2 blow out then ok. But if it's the first few mins go ahead. Get a groove going. it's the first fucking game of the yr. Anyways, since you like to bring up bullshit here you go, game by game with Bradford's last pass attempt of the game.

Gm. 1 v.s. Chatanooga (Florida played Citadel LATE in the season btw so stfu)

3rd quarter with 9:05 left

Gm. 2 v.s. Cincy (big east champs if you didn't realize)

4th quarter, with a 20-45 lead and 7 mins left to give the sealing td. Bradford threw only 3 times on a 14 play drive to put the game beyond reach. ANY other quarterback would be in there at that pt. I guarantee you that. he never took another snap after that

Gm. 3 @ washington

3rd Quarter, 5:37

Gm. 4 v.s. TCU

4th quarter, 9:10. Leading 35-10 AGAIN, why go 3 and out and give them a chance to score a TD and be down by only 2 tds? Put the game away.

Gm. 5 @ Baylor

4th Quarter 11:15. Week before a big rival game I'd let my starter get a few extra snaps to get a rhytm. His last TD pass was midway third in this game, and he served more as a game manager to run out clock.

Gm 6 v.s. Texas

obviously had to play till end

Gm. 7 v.s. Kansas

4th Quarter, 11:32 only leading by two TDs at 45-31.

Gm. 8 @ Kansas St.

OU had 55 pts in first half and only scored a FG in second. So I don't wanna hear SHIT about this game.

Gm. 9 v.s. Nebraska

3rd Quarter, 2:08

Gm. 10 @ Texas Am

3rd Quarter, 9:07

Gm. 11 v.s. Texas Tech

I don't care wtf you say. You're playing the #2 ranked team in nation, you NEED to make a statement to show you're for real and deserve title spot. I'd keep bradford in all game. You dont show mercy to a top 2 team, especially a rival.

4th quarter, 14:58

Gm. 12 v.s. OSU

had to stay in late for obvious reasons

Gm. 13. v.s. Mizz

Threw late, but history was on the line. I don't see anyone complaining about it.

Basically, all you brought to the table was BULLSHIT. and majority of those 4th quarter throws were Bradford playing the role of Game manager and just converting 3rd downs or 2nd and longs to keep the drive moving and clock running. Why go 3 and out and give other team more time to rally? Put the game out of reach. The main goal is to win, not sportsmanship.

Also, Texas has a good D. Brian Orakpo racked up tons of awards. And Jordan Shipley is probably a better WR than any of OU's WR's. and he's a special teams threat too. He changed momentum BIG time in the OU and Tech games.

and thats the coaches decision if he wants to take Tebow out in first quarter or 2nd quarter. Last time I checked, FOOTBALL WAS A FOUR QUARTER SPORT. If a dude decided to play with one hand behind his back should the others be penalized cuz they wanted to use both hands and play logically? No. That's Tebow's problem, not the rest of the NCAA.

I can go on and on why Bradford's resume is stronger. NO weak games, Tebow and McCoy BOTH had games where they blew it and caused their team to lose with costly mistakes. Bradford, like you said, didn't cost his team to lose, Texas Outplayed them. not just McCoy, Texas as a team.

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 12-14-08, 11:56 PM   #21
J. Luth
I see dumb people

Oh, and so I decided to give florida's schedule a look. I didn't even need to look too far than the first game.

Against a weak Hawaii team, no Colt Brennan back there. Tebow throwing a TD to make it 42-0 midway in the third. And late 3rd, he was throwing as Florida made it 49-0.

Really??

oh, and I love this one too.

v.s. the HORRIBLE Tennesse team. Up 30-6.

TEBOW STILL THROWING WTH 3 MINS IN THE FOURTH!!!! WHY?!?! WHAT?!?!

oh, then against Arkansas, they score 21 pts in 4th to win 38-7. Tebow throwing with 5 mins in fourth.

rofl I'm not even gonna go further than the first 5 games. I already proved you for spewing bullshit right there.

First you wanna make claims Bradford is in longer than needed that is INCORRECT. Then you say Tebow is only in for less than a half in MOST games. well, genius, this is just the first 5 games and already MAJORITY he's in their late throwing TDs.

Come on, dude. If you're gonna talk at least get your facts straight.

Oh, and in my opinion I see nothing wrong with either QB's length in games this season. Like I said, football is a four quarter game.

Sammy B heisman. worddd

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 12-15-08, 04:26 PM   #22
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

hahahahah ok get Your facts straight.... Tebow threw the ball 14 times (9 complete) in the Hawaii massacre... yeah, that really sounds like they were beefing up the stats.... 15 passes (8 complete) in the Tennessee game for under 100 yards.... yea it Really sounds like they are trying to beef up the stats in this blowout... and then in the arkansas game it was 17-7 going into the 4th... hell yeah he's gonna be passing, that game isnt a blow out Until during the 4th quarter, all of my references were to games that were decided in the First or early second quarter....

you're giving me examples of the coaches holding Back Tebow... i mean less than 30 pass attempts in the first 2 games Combined... lol, and most of them were Short pass plays... one of tebows touchdowns was a planned Shovel pass, thats basically a run/screen that broke big... and another one was a Short shovel pass on the goal line, lol....

and yeah, Florida Did play Citadel late in the season... and what happened, oh yeah thats right, Tebow threw One pass with 14 minutes left in the second quarter and then didnt play again the rest of the game.... thanks for giving me more ammo

here you are trying to argue with me and shit, and all i was saying was that alot of bradfords stats were heavily inflated because the coach would not only keep him in but throw the ball Downfield when they're already up by such an overwhelming score... i dont blame bradford at all, i wouldve done the same if it was me playing football, im just saying his stats were better than he actually is.... and that tebow couldve done the Same thing if given the same opportunities as bradford..... you see this sort of thing all the time

bradford had the best stats... tebow is the better player... and mccoy deserved it for being the most vital to his teams success

Old 12-15-08, 04:46 PM   #23
J. Luth
I see dumb people

McCoy deserved it for being the most vital to his teams success?

lmao dawg, quit that. THIS IS NOT A MVP TROPHY. rofl that arguement is fucking stupid. This is for the most outstanding player, not the most valuable player. Sorry..

And what? your main arguement was Bradford was throwing the ball late. Tebow was doing the same thing. and holding back Tebow? Buddy, sorry I'm not sure you know this. But every QB has their own playing style. Even in the NFL. Peyton manning and Brett Farve types will throw 40+ times a game. but then you got quarterbacks like David Garrard last yr, or Mike Vick in his prime who'd just hang around 20 a game. Should Peyton and Farve be penalized for that? No.

Just like Tebow, if I remember correctly he RUNS A LOT. Bradford never gets runs called for him. Do you see Bradford complaining about that? No. Where Bradford gets extra pass attempts, Tebow gets rushing attempts. They are TWO different playing styles, so comparing pass attempts is stupid.

and throwing downfield? what games kid? All you got is the missouri game. In the others his pass completions were short passes to running backs, or to keep drives going. I don't see any 50 yd bombs.

and stats better than he is? ROFL football is 4 quarters. Are you stupid? You think the other team is just gonna curl up and let him score late in the game. Hell no, it's a thing called pride. If you know you gon lose, you atleast try to fight to make score look as close as possible so it doesn't look as bad as it is. That arguement fucking stupid. I'll say it again, FOOTBALL IS A FOUR QUARTER GAME. NOT A TWO.

and the citadel remark? Helping your case? Rofl how? Citadel was LATE in the season, chatanooga was FIRST GAME. any coach who takes his starting QB out of the game in beginning of 2nd quarter is a fucking idiot. You stay a good 3 quarters to get the rhythm going. Have you played football or any sports? Starting a season strong and getting into a rhythm early is always stressed by coaches. And this is in high school level. I'm sure it's even more important in college.

And check my stats? I did. ESPN doesn't lie. YOu were syaing Bradford was throwing late in pointless games. Well, I see them pretty much on same page. So stop with your throwing late in meaningless games.

Bradford was the most consistent player this yr. And he stayed at a HIGH Level consistently. While McCoy and Tebow had one bad game. tebow's not as bad as McCoy's.

When all is said and done, Bradford will be a much better player than Tebow. Just like I kept saying about Adrian Peterson. Now he already breaking records in just his second yr in the NFL. The best rb in the NFL in the end will be from Oklahoma. And the best QB will be too. Hopefully Vikings tank next yr get that #1 pick and pick up Bradford. WORD

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 12-15-08, 05:18 PM   #24
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

seeings that two of your examples were games where tebow threw for far less than 20 pass attempts, one for less than 100 yards, and had two touchdowns with shovel passes, which we all know are basically running plays, i think its bullshit you talk about passing late in games... and then your other example was a game where it was only a 10 point game heading into the 4th quarter, and the other team had just scored a TD to gain some momentum....

and even in the Ten. game it was a 20 point game, not a 40 point or 50 point one like some of the Oklahoma ones.... florida never took tebow out with a 40 point lead, and then put him back into the game later on when it was still a 40 point game lol....

and yes "Stats better than he is".... you see it happen all the time... with Ryan Grant last year, with deangelo williams this year, with rex grossman a couple of years ago.... i dont know why u are appalled by that statement lol

im not saying that its Unfair, or that the coaches even did something Wrong (besides that game where they took sam b. out and then brought him back in) im just saying his stats were Inflated....i like bradford, i think he will make a great pro, but i think tebow is the best college player..... like i said, if you did a "Avg statline for every 30 minutes of playing time", i think Tebow would come out on top, but thats an impossible stat to calculate, lol

and my case for McCoy was simply that he basically couldntve done anything more to win the heisman, lol.... its sad to see someone score all the points for his team, gain all the yards, and have the highest completion percentage ever, and lost to a guy who his team beat during the season.... like, did he have to complete 90% of his passes? gain 80% of his teams yards lol.... given the people he had surrounding him, no one couldve done better in his situation

Old 12-15-08, 06:23 PM   #25
J. Luth
I see dumb people

dude, I'm tired of all these people saying Texas has WEAK players and McCoy carried them all. Fucking BULLSHIT. First off, they had a great hire in Muschamp who REALLY turned that Longhorns D around, and they were a force. Second, Jordan Shipley is one of the biggest playmakers in the Big 12. On special teams and as WR. and I forget the freshman, but they got some good young other WR besides shipley. IF ANYTHING, he has a bad running game. THATS ALL. they finished 11-1, hello?!?

And McCoy reason he didn't get it. Big thing was how awful he played in Tech game till 4th quarter. When season was on the line, he blew it. Win that, and schedule is easy pickings and you got a undefeated season and going for the title. He didn't come thru on the road.

Bradford had the same test @ OSU and came thru. Only team in big 12 to have that huge win on the road.

and this, took Bradford out and put him back in? Wtf you getting this BS from? What game and show me proof. I don't remember that ever happening.

and dude, ITS TENNESSEE. their offense blows, Florida's D is pretty beast. What chance did they have to com back? It's the SEC remember? Not the Big 12. a 20 pt lead in SEC is as good as a 40 pt lead in the big 12. Florida one of the few, if not only good offenses in SEC, and big 12 has few quality defenses.

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 12-15-08, 08:09 PM   #26
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

it was like the first game of the season... they took bradford out in the second quarter when it was like 40-0, and then after like 2 drives brought bradford back in the third quarter when it was 50-2....

Old 12-15-08, 08:13 PM   #27
Cola
Pushin it....

STOP

BOTH OF YOU

and dance!

*cue FootLoose*

Old 12-15-08, 08:21 PM   #28
J. Luth
I see dumb people

^why? this isn't beef. It's called an intelligent debate. Obviously both of us care about this subject and there's nothing wrong about discussing it. Just because to you arguing insists with "FUCK YOU BITCH, SUCK A COCK!!" doesn't mean it's the same for everyone son. Look at ESPN, CNN, they always have topics where there's some disagreement.

Obviously I am passionate about sports, college football specificially, so I could go on for days discussing it.

As for team one,

son i need to see proof. I watched that game, and I don't remember that happening. I don't see anything in the play-by-play

^wordddd

KORV 2 Final 4
First 1-2-1 champ

Old 12-15-08, 08:27 PM   #29
Cola
Pushin it....

FOOOOOT LOOOSE

*kevin bacon cue*