RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Comments & Suggestions
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-04, 09:31 PM   #16
Plutonium
Straight From Da Lab!

IP: 9834 0763

dope idea.......i don't like closing battles with no one as winners
Old 11-17-04, 12:27 AM   #17
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: EECF 4742

GReat IDEA!!!!! might cut into the time limit but its still a great idea..... and the old five votes before u can battle thing is kinda an honor system that not many ppl abide by i dont think

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 11-17-04, 04:22 AM   #18
strobe

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 33DE 730C

Quote:
Originally Posted by schema
thats how it is already...nothing would change about this...you already need 20 posts to make a battle...

I dont think you need 20 posts to vote but I didnt propose any kind of change to the current system of how many posts you need to do anything...

Actually, it is 20 posts to vote and there is no min number of posts to set up a battle... the problem with requiring links to setup a battle would be the newbie who doesn't have any votes yet and can't vote until they get the 20 posts.. but then 20 posts isn't a lot.. I might be able to make it so that people who are on here less than 2 weeks or so are exempt or something. How about 1 link to a battle voted in the past week? I'll think about it some more..
Old 11-17-04, 05:00 AM   #19
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Text Record: 57-16
Audio Record: 8-3
IP: 07E0 A9F2

Its a must yes it'll bring the activity on voting on this site back up to the levels it was previously on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Dro
furthermore, june 3rd is the only good day to be born

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ∆ P E X X
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-04, 05:02 AM   #20
Mad Dog
...Belong...

and you could set a program to activate the new voting link when they automatically reach 20 posts until then they could have the current battle screen but as soon as it hits 20 posts...they have to use the link...

Quote:

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:
i'm still tryin to figure out how bein born in another country makes somebody fake.

R.I.P OMB

Send a message via AIM to Mad Dog Send a message via MSN to Mad Dog   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-04, 07:30 AM   #21
Ill-Grammatix
Back In Business

IP: 9227 0965

Quote:

the hard part about coding this would probably be making sure people arent using the same links over and over...what I thought of is maybe it would be possible to integrate it with the timer system so that you cant use battles that have been closed longer than a certain amount of time....this wouldnt eliminate the problem but it would certainly reduce it...

great minds think alike.... this is exactly what i said in my post a little ways up... the links gotta be current, like no more than a week old or not more than a week after the battle has closed... whichever comes first... that'll make you have to vote more often...
Send a message via AIM to Ill-Grammatix Send a message via Yahoo to Ill-Grammatix   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-04, 11:55 AM   #22
Artik Phrost
+...Femin-iLL...+

Text Record: 7-4
IP: 8F1B 440C

i have a solution....it may work...or yall might not lyke it.....have a mod encharge of the battle arena...and have them regulate how many battles go up at a tyme...there is a flood of battles, and people dont lyke goin thru tha pages to find otha battles that haven't been voted on....but, this may not work because of the system....or yall could cut the number of open battles you can have, so that would give the battlers no choice but to vote to clear their battle thing......and because people do complain about incorrect votes, that should already help the issue about 'rushing the vote'.....but, seriously someone need to move the closed battles.....

Send a message via AIM to Artik Phrost Send a message via Yahoo to Artik Phrost   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-04, 03:38 PM   #23
schema
howdy

Text Record: 27-10
IP: AEBA 9CCC

Quote:
Originally Posted by strobe
Actually, it is 20 posts to vote and there is no min number of posts to set up a battle... the problem with requiring links to setup a battle would be the newbie who doesn't have any votes yet and can't vote until they get the 20 posts.. but then 20 posts isn't a lot.. I might be able to make it so that people who are on here less than 2 weeks or so are exempt or something. How about 1 link to a battle voted in the past week? I'll think about it some more..

the exempt thing sounds like a good idea...it might be easier code-wise to make people with less than 2 or so battles exempt rather than a time limit...I'm not sure...

1 link might work but I dont know if that would be enough to close the battles quickly...if i knew how many battles went up in the average day i could figure it out mathematically...

figure that the average battle needs between 5 and 9 votes to close for an average of 7...

with the 2 vote system each new battle would generate 4 votes...
with the 1 vote system each new battle would generate 2 votes...

So you figure you make up the difference with additional votes from people who vote for money or just because they want to...you need between 3 and 5 additional votes per battle to close...

Id have to know how many average votes there are per day to figure out which way is better...because youd need to close battles quickly without closing them so quickly that there are none left to vote on...its an interesting math problem...Id really need the figures to find out which way is better...if you can ballpark those it shouldnt be too hard to figure out....it would be...

x= average number of current new battles per day
y= average number of current votes per day

((y/x)+4)-7
((y/x)+2)-7

whichever one is closest to 0 without becoming negative is your winner...

"Frank White the menacin, chron chron's the medicine....
I got the lettuce and...
...you turn green like cucumber skin
Got the new hummer in the summer when I was a new comer then...
drugs and mac-10's...hugs from fake friends..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog
i'm not attracted to women...

Last edited by schema : 11-17-04 at 03:41 PM.
Send a message via AIM to schema   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-04, 04:57 PM   #24
Authentrik
The Prospect

Text Record: 1-0
IP: 9092 4066

Quote:
thats how it is already...nothing would change about this...you already need 20 posts to make a battle...

I dont think you need 20 posts to vote but I didnt propose any kind of change to the current system of how many posts you need to do anything...

Yeah you did, right now you dont have to have any votes in order to battle.. and thats what i was saying, you cant battle until you have 20 posts, so u cant be active battling at all without 20 posts if we did it your way.. which encouranges people to just post in lyricist lounge and shit.. actually.. it REQUIRES it.. ya feel me now?

Strobe commented on this and corrected you earlier, but I'm just clearing it up for ya.
Old 11-17-04, 06:10 PM   #25
schema
howdy

^this problem has aready been adressed^

Quote:
but then 20 posts isn't a lot.. I might be able to make it so that people who are on here less than 2 weeks or so are exempt or something.

Quote:
the exempt thing sounds like a good idea...it might be easier code-wise to make people with less than 2 or so battles exempt rather than a time limit...I'm not sure...

I got the lettuce and...

Quote:
Old 11-18-04, 03:10 AM   #26
strobe

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 33DE 730C

On 11/17, there were 48 votes.
On 11/16, there were 64 votes.
On 11/15, there were 45 votes.
On 11/14, there were 48 votes.
On 11/13, there were 41 votes.
On 11/12, there were 56 votes.
On 11/11, there were 60 votes.
Old 11-18-04, 04:28 AM   #27
K.ontroverz.Y
I Smacc Booty Emcee's

IP: 1BD5 13B2

well, this is a good idea and from what Strobe has just pointed out, we're averagin between 40-60 votes a day. that could get possibly.. 6 battles closed. for 60 votes that is. Blah. thats ok i guess. but that could be soo much higher. my predictions are. If you carry out this plan. the voting plan should raise over one hundred

conclusion:
i say you try schema's idea for about a week, and in a week come back to this thread and post up the updated Poll Statistics. And Look at the differences then conclude from there.

K.ontroverz.Y
..Audio King Of Rv..

A.uthentik I.ntelligence
..Forever..

Send a message via AIM to K.ontroverz.Y Send a message via MSN to K.ontroverz.Y   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-04, 04:39 AM   #28
Mad Dog
...Belong...

Exclamation

Quote:

Considering the amount of actively open battles and the amount of active members on this site...the above vote count is abismal...enforce the new rule strobe...and like Kontro said...the average will escalate

Quote:

^ Amen Brother ^

Quote:

R.I.P OMB

Old 11-19-04, 05:39 PM   #29
schema
howdy

I did the calculations but I closed the window before i saved accidently

assuming every vote is unique (nobody battles twice in a week)...the 2 votes will be enough to close most battles in 1-2 days...1 vote puts us short of that in the 3-4 range...Im looking at the list now to see how many repeat battlers we have and ill be back with more accurate figures.

I got the lettuce and...

Quote:
Old 11-20-04, 03:34 AM   #30
4fil
CHRYMESINDICATE

Text Record: 18-6
IP: D078 09F0

Quote:

well if the people who come online once a day voted twice.... these numbers could be up in the 300's

'Till Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostradamus
Your really dope though..