RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-12-05, 02:42 PM   #1
GBless
Light Weight

Game talkin about Jay's situation

IP:

Heres the interview text, leme no if you havent heard the real audio
Taken from DJ SKEE's Hype Radio on Sirius Satellite Radio

DJ Skee:
Game, what’s going on homie?

Game:
Man just hangin out in London right now DJ Skee!

DJ Skee:
We gunna get right into it right now what everyone’s talking about, as you know Jay-Z went on Hot 97 and had this freestyle called "Summer" people said he was taking shots at you indirectly, and I guess Bleek and the Young Guns were supposedly up there talking shit and you fired back, we just played the audio of you on stage saying Jay can suck my dick, Roc-A-Fella can suck my dick, so what’s the deal with you and Jay, break it down

Game:
Ya, you know me, you know me personally Skee, I said on my album the Documentary, and I've been trying to stand firm behind what I believe, and that’s to never disrespect or come at hip hop legends, and I figured Jay to be at the top of that- Biggie, Pac, Nas, Jay, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, like you know 50 Cent, all those guys are pretty much legends to me man, its just something I don’t do, something I don’t want to be affiliated with, I don’t want the Game to be known as someone trying to come at Jay but I heard the audio, and you know I'm a lyricist man and I hit with subliminals sometimes

DJ Skee:
So yo before all this shit popped off, how would you describe your relationship with Jay

Game:
Well I know him personally, it aint like I grew up with him, but I know Jays work, I know Jays work, I know the album, I studied Jay-Z along with all the other hip hop legends and I when i hear the music, I read between the lines and even though he said it was a song about summertime, you know I kinda heard my name 1 to many times and I kinda felt offended, like what’d I ever to do jay? They thought I was talking about him on Westside story with Maybachs and the button ups but I came out on the documentary and I straightened that up, but you know its when I keep hearing it man, and people keep talking shit about it, Jay is killing you, Bleek they all killing you, the Young Guns they killing you on the radio. So what I did in Amsterdam I did to cover my ass I had a show in London tonight and I didn’t put Jay's name in my show, you know what I’m saying I didn’t do that because I kind of felt in the wrong for what I did last night, but now the audio from Amsterdam is pretty much circulating all over the US right now, and if Jay gets it and takes offense to it and wants to come out and say and start this beef or start this so call war then you know, ima use my creativity as a hip hop artist and my best judgment to really pan out what it is and if I think that he’s trying to dismantle my character and my career then I will come out, but its something that im not looking forward to.

DJ Skee:
So basically you aint trying to start a beef with Jay, the only reason you came out talking is cuz you heard some shit and everybody’s getting in your ears and saying hes dissin you and you gotta come back, so as a man you feel you gotta come back for yourself but ultimately you don’t want beef with Jay, is that right?

Game:

I don’t wanna beef with Jay. I don’t wanna beef with anyone I got respect for, but at the same time, respect only goes so far, you know what I'm saying?

DJ Skee:
I understand you 100% you gotta hold your own, I feel where your coming from

Game:
Ya know, I respect Jay, and I hope that he respects me as a hip hop artist. I came out through all the speculations and the hype and everybody putting the west on my shoulder, saying im the savior of the west, I didn’t want those titles, they were given to me, ya know what im saying. People went out and bought my record. I went platinum in 2 and a half weeks. I sold more records than Memphis Bleek all through his whole catalog put together, he aint sell a million. So I don’t understand why people keep tryin to rag on the game. I am the new face of hip hop and get used to it! You know what im saying- G-Unit, Shady, Aftermath, DJ Skee we holdin it down, why everybody mad at us man?

DJ Skee:
DJ Skee Westside hype radio live in the streets of LA, Sirius radio right now make sure you tune in every week, you never know what's going down, we got Game live on the phone all the way live from London talking about the situation with Jay-Z, so jus to be as clear as u can and clarify it, do you and Jay have beef officially?

Game:
Ima say it like I said it earlier, I aint start this war with Jay, I cleared it up with the documentary and said I have so much love and respect for Jay and I was talking to ja rule with that Maybach line and button up shirt shit, and I thought I cleared it up, and for me to be in Europe, im so far away from home man I wish I was home so I could see what it is first hand but im over in Europe I don’t come back to the states until the 27th, so I gotta live out here for 2 weeks while everybody is taking shots at me and im not able to do anything about it you know what im saying, so I did that last night to cover my ass.

DJ Skee:
So you never had any beef with Jay-Z before, you just went off that you heard he had a freestyle taking subliminals against you so you had to stand up for yourself, and you tried to clear this up before hand on the title track to your album, the Documentary where you state it wasn’t jay you were going after, it was Ja Rule

Game:
I did that already man. You know what im saying As far as Memphis Bleek & the Young Guns, Ill bury those dudes man. They aint on my level. I’m on a whole other level. And im not saying im on Hov's level, but im damn sure not on Bleek and the Young Guns level, Ill squash them niggas man. But jay, ill say it again I got to much respect for Jay, but you know, its whatever for me at the end of the day, and I love to do this shit!

DJ Skee:
Aight so basically you don’t want no beef with Jay, with other people Bleek and the young guns and whoever that’s some separate shit, but with Jay you don’t want no beef, but you only responded and said that shit on stage because you felt he came at you directly and you had to be a man and stand up for yourself

Game:
I gotta step up as a man, I’m somebody’s father, I’m not no little ass kid you know what im saying. I got feelings, I got emotions, I got a hood where niggas you know niggas expect me to come back or else what ima let a nigga kick me in my ass and sit me in the corner and try to dismantle my character and career, I’m not going to do that im going to stand up like I’ve done all my life, I’m a stand up type of Nigga

DJ Skee:
DJ Skee Westside Hype radio live in the streets of LA, only on Sirius satellite radio holding it down every week . Shout out to my man Game for coming thru live from London, well get up when you get back and get in the studio live to see what the situations like then and discuss it more

Game:
So that’s what it is DJ SKEE, thanks for holding me down man! Ill see you on the 27th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AFTERMATH MUSIC - REPPIN AFTERMATH TO THE FULLEST - ENTER NOW

what yall think about dat..

Send a message via MSN to GBless   Reply With Quote