RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-05, 08:41 AM   #1
Tremendous
Aiming for Heads

Audio Record: 2-1
Shady drops DJ Green latern because of 50 Comments

IP: 28AD 5545

He announced he departure on Shady45, and to allhiphop.com after been caught on tape talking about 50 to Jadakiss and D-Block

AllHipHop.com: Can you explain the actual conditions where you were being taped, because most people don’t really understand that.

DJ Green Lantern: Basically, it’s a situation where Jadakiss is on a DVD and he’s being filmed. And he has me on speaker phone without me knowing I was being filmed. So, he is talking to me like we’re just talking. Meanwhile he’s filming it.

AllHipHop.com: He knew he was being taped?

DJ Green Lantern: He most definitely knew he was being taped. He chose his words on how he was going to say things and all that. He definitely got that one off. And, you know, it’s an unfortunate situation and it looks really crazy. Like I said, I have no ill feelings towards 50 Cent or G-Unit. The bottom line is, I’ll man-up to the fact that it was inappropriate me to even speak at all to Jadakiss about 50 Cent business at all. Above and beyond, no inside information was given about anything. I don’t even have an inside information. People can take it however they want.

AllHipHop.com: Have you been approached by anybody on the so-called “snitching” and that’s why you are coming forward?

DJ Green Lantern: Nobody has approached me on it, but of course people are going to get it twisted. But in all actuality, that’s not the reason why I’m not there.

AllHipHop.com: Is your relationship with Eminem intact, like is this damage control with you stepping away?

DJ Green Lantern: It is. I’m manning-up to the fact that I put myself in a messed up position. And people are looking at it like we got weak links in the crew or whatever. Without sounding like I’m sh***ing on anybody, everybody that knows my work, knows it was Jadakiss on that one.

AllHipHop.com: I know you’re reaching out to Jadakiss and haven’t been able to speak to him. Do you think he is making himself unavailable to you?

DJ Green Lantern: I can’t front, he did…he was unavailable. That leads me to the conclusion that he [laughs]...there’s only a few words for that. When you do something and won’t even…won’t man-up...won’t even address it. There’s only a couple words for that. I’m a cool cat so, I’m not going to sit here and talk crazy. I already did enough of that.

AllHipHop.com: A lot of people were awaiting your debut album on Shady. Can you speak on the status of that?

DJ Green Lantern: The bottom line is the album isn’t coming out through Shady Records. I’m no longer touring with Eminem. It’s a clean break. The [Sirius Satellite radio channel] Shade 45 is done. The album is called The Invasion. That’s my movement. I need everything in my movement to work within itself-all the gears to work for the same engine.

AllHipHop.com: And artists from Shady will still be included?

DJ Green Lantern: Yeah, that’s where it stands right now. Unless somebody gets really tight with me even speaking about it. The whole Shady/ Aftermath roster is on it except G-Unit. And, I don’t have any ill feelings towards any of those guys. I totally understand their position. [If I was them], I would say the same thing, “Cut the grass, get the snakes out.” I was stupid to even think that this dude [Jadakiss] was my boy like that to where I could have a conversation with him without him dumbing out and more or less wearing a wire.

AllHipHop.com: What about a new home for the album? Are you working that out now?

DJ Green Lantern: I’m definitely working that out. That’s really a situation where I’m going to be alright.

AllHipHop.com: Is there interest from other labels?

DJ Green Lantern: Not to sound big-headed, but [the interest] is very high. Not to seem like I am cashing in on this, because it’s disappointing to not release it on Shady Records, but the interest is there. I happen to be an individual that produces records as well as DJ. I’m going to keep it light with that. I just want to put my point across that I appreciate Eminem for working with me for the last three years and for introducing me to a whole audience of people that didn’t know me.
Old 04-28-05, 09:06 AM   #2
La Cosa Nostra
Bangs like bikini attol

Text Record: 54-0
Audio Record: 5-0
Graphics Record: 1-0
IP: B422 CA9F

Sounds like a decent guy..
He said that the 50 comment wasnt even the reason in this interview..

If not, wonder what was..
Old 04-28-05, 09:10 AM   #3
Tremendous
Aiming for Heads

I just found this like to minute before posting so ?
Old 04-28-05, 11:13 AM   #4
xRell-i-Ventx
Flyweight

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 5040 F419

lol whoeva u found this from tell them stop hating on 50...he left because of comments he made over the phone to jadakiss....kiss had dude on speaker phone while he was being taped on a dvd...so wisely stepping away so there wouldnt be any tension between em and 50 because of his comments he made of the speaker he did just that..stepped away..

kiss set him up pretty good ..he thought that was his dude now kiss "isnt" available latern cant even reach him but oh well life goes on

^^^ Established Since 1999^^^

SaY wHaT u WaNt AnD hOw U fEeL..bEcAuSe ThOsE tHaT MaTtEr DoN't MiNd
AnD tHoSe ThAt MiNd DoN't MaTtEr
Send a message via AIM to xRell-i-Ventx   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-05, 11:45 AM   #6
MaRVJay
aMERiKaZ NiGHTMaRE!

Text Record: 57-24

wow kiss is a grimmey dude 4real lol......they gon black ball da shit out of green lantern he aint gon get no where now
"Wordz Ahgod has DECLINED this battle on 12-20-06 09:49 PM.

This thread has been automatically closed."

^^he's scared.lol
Send a message via AIM to MaRVJay   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-05, 07:13 PM   #7
Tremendous
Aiming for Heads

IP: 3240 794D

If he keeps the mixtapes poppin, he'd be straight
Old 04-28-05, 07:56 PM   #8
gotaasswhoopin4u
Throwback

Text Record: 3-1
Audio Record: 0-1
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 3737 CC4A

haahahahahahahahah
Old 04-28-05, 08:24 PM   #9
~Luciano~
~Break Bred or Play Dead~

Audio Record: 1-0
IP: D135 D6AF

Green might as well jus go join Def Jam..........

~~Bumpin My Musik~~
~Audio Rookie Of The Year..Ya Tha Real 1~

Send a message via AIM to ~Luciano~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Luciano~   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-05, 08:33 PM   #10
Magic5

IP: 7342 E2BF

Lmao @ the bitch move Jada pulled. That shit is gay as fuck.
Old 04-28-05, 11:02 PM   #11
Tremendous
Aiming for Heads

IP: 3240 794D

I never thought Jadakiss would pull that kinda move