RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Higher Thinking
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-05, 08:46 AM   #1
DQ
Odi et Amo

Compose (1-0) vs. H-N-I-C (2-1)

IP: 439B E775

Battles up Monday - Check In by Wednesday - Drop by Friday - Votes by Sunday

No line limit and the battler with most votes by Sunday night is the winner. If this is a topical battle, write a topical and not a poetic drop and the same is vice a versa.

All Battlers must vote on 4 other battles and leave their voting links in their battle thread. Battles voted on may be from either poetry or topical battles. If vote threads aren't in your poetry battle thread by sunday you will suffer a loss by Disqualification.

Extensions must be asked for by Thursday night by pming any of the mods (Drakel, Drama Queen & Elementality). No extensions will be given 4 if asked 4 on Friday night. Extensions are only given till Sunday night at the most. If you dont ask for an extention, and drop whenever you feel like it you will be Disqualified. Do not abuse extentions, they are not to be used if you're just too lazy to drop within the confines of the circumstances. Leave reasonable explanation for your absense. If the League notices you are a slacker due to this nature you will be banned for being out-right slothfully callous.

Every battler must nominate (not their own) one topical and poetry battle for pieces of the week, in the main forum . People with pieces of the week shall have their drops stickied and placed in the Pieces Of Inspiration sub forum

Don't ho-show because you will be banned if you do it twice. We can understand you cannot drop due to certain circumstances but if this happens a second time, you're banned from the league for 2 weeks. If you signed up for both leagues and you no-show in one league twice, you will be banned in both leagues!

Try to limit the freeposts, we will have a chat/beef thread for that. Also give fully explained votes, if not your votes won't count!

New rule: first to get 3 votes wins by KO

Your Topic:
Distorted Reflection

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Last edited by Drama Queen : 06-16-05 at 11:28 AM.
Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ  
Old 06-13-05, 03:50 PM   #2
Compose

IP: D5FE 7245

check...but that topic is wack yo ill still write to it though
I cant buy clothes when the manikins are watchin" -Canibus

Old 06-13-05, 05:17 PM   #3
H-N-I-C
Light Weight

Text Record: 3-5
IP: 3240 794D

Check..................................

Old 06-14-05, 05:30 AM   #4
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP: 10BC 0CC1

If you wish to change the topic, speak about it with your opponent and send me a pm

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Send a message via AIM to DQ Send a message via MSN to DQ Send a message via Yahoo to DQ  
Old 06-14-05, 02:52 PM   #5
Compose

werd...what kinda topic you guys want? if your willing to change it, if not its cool ill write to it

Old 06-14-05, 06:27 PM   #6
H-N-I-C
Light Weight

Text Record: 3-5
IP: 28AD 5545

I don't care if we do this one or not, but here are some other topics just in case....Distorted Reflection....Walking with Jesus....Moment of Peace

Old 06-15-05, 08:02 PM   #7
Compose

^Im down for distorted reflection...

good luck

peace

Old 06-17-05, 07:09 AM   #8
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP: 1EAF 3328

Extension granted till Sunday

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...

Old 06-19-05, 09:00 PM   #9
Compose

writing mine now...even thought i feel hes gonna noshow im still gonna finish it by 12 most likely...

peace

Old 06-19-05, 09:49 PM   #10
Compose

Warning: The raps done by the fictitious "Lil Murder" ARE NOT MINE...they were put unbelievably wack ON PURPOSE...for the story...same with the rest of that battle it was just put together so that Mentality was supposed to be better then Lil Murder...and by the way

fuck structure and flow for this..act like theres no beat...it will be a lot better

Intro

MTV Interview:June 7, 2005

Reporter:So, G-Dawg...hows your life? we heard last week you bought everything in the mall...
G-Dawg:yea, shits the way we roll, gettin that paper with my playas will leave them bitches hurryin to call...
Reporter:HaHa, so whats your next step? Did all of the cameras and bright lights change the way you walk?...
G-Dawg: Naw...Ima G, always been, rollin on 24's all my life...talkin been like the way i walk and i walk the way i talk...
Reporter:Well good to see a great hip hopper like yourself making "that dough" haha...so anything left to say to old friends that helped you get to where you are?
G-Dawg:yea, fuck em...aint nobody help me, fuck all them hoes this bout that paper and ballin at the clubs whenever we want...ima fuckin star...

*Reverts back to a battle in an underground Club*
Lil Murder vs Mentality
January 7, 1997

Host: Aight yall, we bout to get down both of you got 30 seconds to spit what you got, Lil Murders first lets do it
Lil Murder:ayo, check it...ima kill you son aint no questions asked
you like Aunt Jemima cuz you get sprayed on pancakes...you ass
Ima class act, you cant rap oh yea but guns get you down
shit im lil murder...you a clown
shit im ill you know u jus dumb stop battlin
wack fag, ak-47 will leave ya brains danglin
oh yea lil murder in the house put ya hands up
cuz i jus murdered this fool like my glock to his nuts

Mentality: wtf was that? that shits easy for me to counter-act
you an average speed, im mach 3, like hurricans told in an Almanac
cuz in the end you a duckling im a veleptuous hethen
your a servant in my precious kingdom im suprised your breathin
you hear me speakin? stop talkin bout guns you jus dreamin
cuz im at the top of success...kid you barely reachin...

*Crowd cheers more for Lil Murder, he wins just because of his gun lines...Mentality realizes about mainstream and how 'The Industry' has corrupted its listeners...but changes so he can make it in the mainstream himself...and earn his money*

The Story

Trembling in his car in a dark alley, perplexed at the battles catastrophe
how the fuck could he of lost...in the same thought needed food so he drove to applebees
still grieving, his capillaries working a double shift just so his blood stays at its same course
constantly drifting away from what he learned to love and his only sport...
when he thought raw skills, and mind-mechanically built lyrics were all that mattered
but the industry gave sour taste to its listeners battered gunplay to brains till they thought thats all that was crafted
and an oasis of uninhabitable waste streamed through 90% of peoples minds...
Mentality thought a change in style might cause acceptance from his opposite kind
he changed from a lyrical brainwave, a cemetary full of a conclusively superior mindstates
to a brain with no stimulations, only a cave...and at the end a sign stating he was an industrial slave
but it didnt phase him, he wanted that paper now and until his grave at any cost
knew Mentality was a name most couldnt fathom so instead converted it to "G-Dawg"
and promised to get famous, an individual anxious and so crazy for cash he could be commited to an institute
a splash of hoes, cars, and clubs infiltrated his cranium until his emcee mentality became another mainstream attitude
got to a point where the man in 97 went to heaven...and reincarnated to now...a soul of agression
never realized why he had let go of his prior persona now when he looks in the mirror he sees a distorted reflection
one that wasnt him...one that was built by those who dont care for the core and juice of Hip Hop
if he hadnt sold out, he wouldnt be rich...but he wouldnt be in mainstream countin down the days of his life like tick tock
this leads us to the interview, now hes rich, hes got bitches, an infinite surplus of beautiful fixtures, it was heavenly
but all of that was hazardous cuz the fact of the matter is his life was captured inside the clip of semi-automatic weaponry
what he thought to love and fight for, was nothing compared to the involvement of true lyrics...cuz thats more then just something
but an instance of paradise replicated on TV caused him to formulate his own grave and become a martyr for nothing...

Old 06-20-05, 12:30 PM   #11
DQ
Odi et Amo

IP: C9A2 1C80

Compose wins due to opponent no-showing

Authentik Intelligence

...The future is mine...