RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Konquest Lyricist League
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-05, 08:18 PM   #1
Magic5

You Need To Read This.

IP: 333B A711

This shit is pissing me off.

Here is my proposal; Right now this league resets records. No playoffs. Nothing further. But, before you post up all this bullshit about "no man, its been 13 weeks already!!" think about what this "season" has meant to you. Let me explain not only what I meant in that last sentence, but why I think this idea should take place;

First, to explain what I meant when I said "think about what this season has meant to you." This league is planning to head to playoffs in two weeks, but, if you're the person who wins, is it really that big of an accomplishment? Look at the history of this league. The first 4 weeks or so were awesome.. then KORV 2 hit, and this league died. I did my best to bring it back, but it has not worked. This league is now plagued with no shows, people not giving a fuck anymore, and the league seems to be getting smaller every week.

I don't see the point in taking a league to a "playoff" or single elimination tournament when this league is inactive as fuck, and nobody really gives a damn about it. Take last week for example, the HW battle got 1 vote. I saw at least 3 other battles where there was 2 votes or less. On top of that there were about 5 no shows. And I am saying that nobody really gives a shit because either you state it before you post your verse, or I can look at the statistics and see that the people in the top 6 of the rankings have stayed there since this league was brought back. Nothing ever fucking changes. FuxJustAWord and Hotshh! have battled 6 times in 13 weeks.. and they would be battling this week again. I'd like to think that 6 people give a shit about this league, but maybe its whoever gives less of a shit loses these battles. I know some of you have posted every which.. maybe 2-5 of you have, and that is why I was contemplating on whether or not to make this thread. But then I realized 2-5 people trying, doesn't make a league.

So, my proposition to solve this problem; reset records right now. Erase everybody signed in, signed out, and banned (except for the people who bit or cheat), and just start over. And, I know what most of you are thinking is your main reason for not wanting to do it. "Oh, but Mimesis, that means I just wasted all those lines!!" One, there is no such thing as "wasting" lines. Text is all about experience, so nothing is really a waste. Two, I doubt most of you have used gigantic amouts of lines you really tried on anyway. Some of you have, but most of you have either gotten into quite a few no show battles, no show yourself, or just dont give a shit.

I think re-setting everything would be the best thing. I think records should have been reset right after KORV, but I wouldn't to see if this league could get back on its feet. It's turned out, that it hasn't.Now, I am expecting people to disagree with me, and please do it, but state why and I will do my best to counter it.

But, one of two things is going to happen now. One, people agree with me, in which case I can make a sign up thread on Wednesday or Thursday. I would also make a few polls to see about editing a few of the rules. Or two, everybody disagrees with me and Soul Rebel can move this into Closed Battles and set this week's battles up tomorrow night. It doesn't really matter to me, but this league is looking terrible and as a mod and one of the people who runs it, I needed to address the problems.

So, just speek freely, whether you agree or disagree. I'll be back throughout tonight, and back on tomorrow night to address any concerns you may have.

Thanks for your time.
-Mimesis

Old 08-15-05, 08:38 PM   #2
~Luciano~
~Break Bred or Play Dead~

Audio Record: 1-0
IP: 879E BC69

I really dont think that u should reset the recs

some peeps tried hard 2 make it 2 the playoffs

i kno i aint drop as hard as i could in some battles

but im still gone make the playoffs....and thats
unfair 2 the kids that will make the playoffs..

if u No show...u get kicked Out.....that should
of been the rule from Jump Street...if they dont care
we dont need them here....

~~Bumpin My Musik~~
~Audio Rookie Of The Year..Ya Tha Real 1~

Send a message via AIM to ~Luciano~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Luciano~  
Old 08-15-05, 08:41 PM   #3
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: 3B27 2020

YES, PLEASE DO THIS.......... and u can do random matches, but i swear to god that if me and Hotshh are "randomly" in a battle next week, i will sign out....... its gettin ridiculous especially wen we arent gettin any votes on the battles either

...The real Renegade before Hova...

Old 08-15-05, 08:45 PM   #4
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

keep in mind that i have been on the top of the league in points since i got here......... im not sure about this upcomin week, since hot mightve finally taken me over (unless more people came in after, yet another, one vote HW title) but i was number 1 in points every week.....granted a few people matched me in gettin KOs in the first two weeks, but after week 3 i was never again even tied with someone in points, but leader on my own.......... AND I SAY WE START THIS SHIT OVER........ wen ive prolly worked the hardest outa everyone in this league

Old 08-15-05, 09:02 PM   #5
L.I.
Miss Me?

Text Record: 61-14
IP: 3240 794D

just let me run the league id whoop that ass

Crhyme Sindicate
Send a message via AIM to L.I.  
Old 08-15-05, 09:08 PM   #6
MiSk
Business Not Personal

Text Record: 9-1
IP: 6645 381F

i got no say man....... yur the top man in charge.... if you dont feel like doing it, dont do it....
i hear ya on the no-shows.... i joined this league late but my first, and only, 2 battles i won due to no show........ that aint fun.......

so......... do what ya like

There's a lot of talk about whos the hottest, to be honest
hip-hop aint been the same since Tupac moved to Cuba on us!

Old 08-15-05, 09:08 PM   #7
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuxJustAWord
YES, PLEASE DO THIS.......... and u can do random matches, but i swear to god that if me and Hotshh are "randomly" in a battle next week, i will sign out....... its gettin ridiculous especially wen we arent gettin any votes on the battles either

HW battles are not random.

Hotshh! is ahead of you by one point right now.. which pretty much means this week you two would be battling for the 7th time.

I made this thread because I don't like it either, but if a shit load of people disagree with me, then I can't really do anything about it. The majority will win yo.

Old 08-15-05, 09:15 PM   #8
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

^^^^^^^ no no no....... i meant if u RESTART the league im just askin u to not randomely have me and Hotshh battlin.... like if it happens that were matched together, just put our names back in the hat and draw again ... untill it gets into title fights again and we may have to battle mathematically

Old 08-15-05, 09:43 PM   #9
DoContinue
(TeamOne)

IP: 579F C273

i really think you should reset this league... bc all these fuckin no shows and shit are irritating. NOBODY votes... you should really enforce the voting a lil better the next time around. i like the point system but to discourage no shows, u should be put on probation for the next week. about ppl that are already banned, i think they should stay banned if it was for noshowing or cheating... i guess freeposting isnt that big of a problem tho. i think my opinion should be taken into good consideration seeing that its coming from someone who started about 8 or 9 weeks back and never no-showed. im one of the ppl you were talking about who actually care. i take this league seriously but i see that others dont. maybe to be sure that we will have active members, you could have some special sign up requirements ( i dont know what they would be) that would help us determine who is serious about the league.
i dont really care about the recs bc if ur really good, then you should be able to get a good rec again...
V/ Reset the league...
p.s.
V/ no more Hot & Fux battles... did u read that shit from last week? definately not either's best...

Old 08-15-05, 09:54 PM   #10
NaRc-UzI
GeNeRaL

Text Record: 9-7
IP: 05EA A558

i know ya prolly dont give a fuck what i think but i think this is a good idea so the new cats in the RV would have a chance to be at #1

Old 08-15-05, 10:03 PM   #11
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuxJustAWord
^^^^^^^ no no no....... i meant if u RESTART the league im just askin u to not randomely have me and Hotshh battlin.... like if it happens that were matched together, just put our names back in the hat and draw again ... untill it gets into title fights again and we may have to battle mathematically

Lol. I gotcha. I wouldn't match you two up if we reset the records. You guys were my example of how nobody above really the top 6 cares.. lmao. I wouldnt match you guys up.

Old 08-15-05, 10:04 PM   #12
Magic5

Alright, and so;

3 want to restart the league
1 does not

MiSk, you should have a say.. Im not participating in the league, but I do want it to actually work without all these gay problems.

Upping for more people to drop in their 2 cents.

Old 08-15-05, 11:26 PM   #13
Magic5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoContinue
i really think you should reset this league... bc all these fuckin no shows and shit are irritating. NOBODY votes... you should really enforce the voting a lil better the next time around. i like the point system but to discourage no shows, u should be put on probation for the next week. about ppl that are already banned, i think they should stay banned if it was for noshowing or cheating... i guess freeposting isnt that big of a problem tho. i think my opinion should be taken into good consideration seeing that its coming from someone who started about 8 or 9 weeks back and never no-showed. im one of the ppl you were talking about who actually care. i take this league seriously but i see that others dont. maybe to be sure that we will have active members, you could have some special sign up requirements ( i dont know what they would be) that would help us determine who is serious about the league.
i dont really care about the recs bc if ur really good, then you should be able to get a good rec again...
V/ Reset the league...
p.s.
V/ no more Hot & Fux battles... did u read that shit from last week? definately not either's best...

Yeah, if records are reset I'm going to be enforcing a 4 link vote rule. Well, even if records aren't reset I'll be enforcing that. Shit is ridiculous.

But nah, I'd clear the people from the banned list who no showed. There can be many factors to why people couldn't show, and when the league was brought back a lot of people had forgotten about this league.

So, it's whatever. Thanks for your input.

Old 08-15-05, 11:41 PM   #14
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 9EC9 619E

Well when I was the only mod, I had a rule that if you no-showed 3 weeks in a row you'd be banned.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.

Old 08-15-05, 11:46 PM   #15
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

ohhhhhhhhh and if u start the league as it is........ fuckin sign me out for this one..... and maybe the next week too