RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Punchline League
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-05, 01:37 AM   #1
King Solo
Skadoosh!

PLL Weekly Mag - 24/10/05

IP: 9DB1 64D6

One-Time Disclaimer:
The Punchline League is owned by Mimesis.
The Punchline League Logo was created by Daubs.
The set-up for the League was originally done on B-Boys (WBL).
The picture’s idea I will use in this Mag, originally was done on B-Boys (WBL).

Intro

Welcome to the PLL Magazine.

A half and half week just gone by, some no-shows which are always gay and a few people who came half-assed but oh well, we’re slowly building towards perfection.
One record was broken though in the past week, I don’t think a single “TE is dope!” comment was made at all. I still think that Mimesis has it in for the TE Leaders, I mean in Week 2 it was “Soul Rebel vs. Nick Fletcher”, followed in Week 3 by “Spektikul vs. Nick Fletcher”, and quickly followed in Week 4 by “Soul Rebel vs. Spektikul”. Mimesis does love his seat of power.

But, there were some nice battles this week, one person I would like all of you to keep in mind is Apotropaic. This kid is new, but so far nobody has been able to beat him, last week he took down The Revelation who is in my opinion regarded as one of the better punchline battlers, despite being widely renowned as a topical head.
Another highlight of the previous week, was the beef between Vaskez and myself that found its way into The Establishment forum and the Beef Forum in the Lyricist Lounge. Who knew so much could occur from me voting against him, lol. But word, we cool now and he easily got the win.
A disappointing part of the league was Theory vs. Shake-spear, because for those of you who don’t know, shake-spear is a dope punchline battler. Last week he brought a weak bar and got beaten easily by Theory who dropped a played nameplay on shake that had been done in the PLL before.

So, another week goes by, and the PLL is quickly becoming the best league to ever be on RV.

And if we all keep at it, the PLL will soon be looking super cool.

Just like Mimesis in this pic.
Bow down to the moderator muthafuckaz!!
Old 10-24-05, 01:40 AM   #2
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Wow, this week was wack for punches. There was nothing real hard.

Not like 9th Degree’s Bionic Elbow.

Top 10 Punchlines

10. Hopesfall vs. Satans Spawn
Banned for biting and back, still writing that wack shit, kid your not first
But your the only guy to spawn from Satan and NEVER post a hot verse!

9. Shake-spear vs. Theory
im endin this story backwards so watch how i 'End The'.
cause with punchlines im finishin 'The' like ima "Contenda".

8. L.I. vs. Nick Fletcher
lendin u so many hits. ull have to pay rent bitch
give you .500 reasons to quit rap
....starting with week 5's win percentage

7. Nick Fletcher vs. L.I.
Ure wack rite now, but ya still think ya dope, L.I. stop actin' silly..
Cuz kid, lately I've seen more ass from you, than I have from ya siggy..

6. DaTrusHurtz vs. DoContinue
You won't ever be a threat to me so get away ya homo
I mean your idea of Martial Arts is a big Eminem photo

5. Theory vs. Shake-spear
I'll make YOU fear me, see ya hidin' from the rippin', dude
Cuz... I'll Shake-Spear more then African tribe rituals

4. Spektikul vs. Soul Rebel
Initials RB, so that explains why your always running..
Fuck Red Bull! I'm A Mountain to more than you Dew sonning..

3. Soul Rebel vs. Spektikul
Spektikuls a joke, shit..I've seen what to exspekt out of you..
More skeptikul really, since you've had six of your losses dq'ed

2. 9th Degree vs. –Cezar-
It's always heat, boy bands or school to flip my name and attack me
That's 3...
...same number of sites I've seen your bar worded exactly

1. Apostrophe vs. Mr. Key
I Dont Know You?? Recycling From B-Boys Please..
Cuz Like Ray Charles.. I Could Be Blind.. And Still Pound Keys..

...AND NOW...

The Wackest Punch of the Week

eFFex vs. Big_O vs. Infinite1
Ay yo when i drop its like a bomb
to bad your gayer then elton john
Old 10-24-05, 01:45 AM   #3
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Some dropped nice, others dropped gay…

…but not as gay as Speats trying to be a fuckin’ cowboy!!

The Top 16 Reviews

Championship Match: Mr. Key (3-0) vs. Apostrophe (3-0)

I Dont Know You?? Recycling From B-Boys Please..
Cuz Like Ray Charles.. I Could Be Blind.. And Still Pound Keys..

VS.
Nothing.

A shame really, Mr. Key came in and dropped a nice bar that had Apostrophe beat in my opinion. Unfortunately he came in two days late, so naturally Apostrophe decided to take the easy win and be the first Champion of the PLL this time around. He remains undefeated and he’ll be going up against Young Blaze next week.

..Mr. Key’s Punchline..
This kids a fag, me no showing was ur best bet dike
He's like a chick n a nail shop...
The way he thinks a manicure his inept sex life

Contendership Match: FuxJustAWord (3-0) vs. Young Blaze (3-0)

Ur blind in the Sun-light...so U aint gon see but u'll feel a Ray
I'm Scratchin Fux out so much
.......................................U can call me a censor'd Dj

VS.
Nothing.

This was sad really, Fux says that he’s never in on Friday so he should drop before then, or just sign out of the league. And the sad part is, is that he can drop fire and really if he would’ve dropped in this, I have no doubt that he would’ve taken the battle with ease. Young Blaze dropped weak, when he can drop better, but luckily Fux pulled a no-show. So Young Blaze takes the win, remains undefeated and will go against Apostrophe in the Championship Match this week.

Apotropaic (3-0) vs. The Revelation (3-0)

"A pot" of gold for this leprecaun, small wins with simple words,
But his luck has ran out, and crashed faster then a tire off the curb.
VS.
you fell off, its easy to see that im ownin ya, dog see
when this rev drops, ill just push my car over his body

Both undefeated, this to me was an upset victory. The Rev, despite being a topical head is know to come good with punches. This time he tried a leprechaun nameplay on the basis that Apo’s name was green which I thought was fuckin stupid. Then he took it some other way with the tire off the curb/crashing concept. Apo came with a real played nameplay on The Rev, but The Rev’s bar was too weak and confusing to some to get him any votes. Apotropaic came away the victor with 10 votes to 0.

Spektikul (3-0) vs. Soul Rebel (2-1)

Spektikuls a joke, shit..I've seen what to exspekt out of you..
More skeptikul really, since you've had six of your losses dq'ed
VS.
Initials RB, so that explains why your always running..
Fuck Red Bull! I'm A Mountain to more than you Dew sonning..

Yet another battle between two of TE’s Co-Leaders for the 3rd week running, nothing suspicious going on there is there Mim, lol. This was a good battle; both came good with nice bars, at first it looked like Spektikul would run away with the battle. But then votes started coming in for Soul making it a closer race than it first seemed. But eventually Spek would again run away with the votes and take a relatively easy win. With that win it puts him at 4-0 along with Apotropaic, they will go against each other in the Contendership Match to see who will go for the title.

Vaskez (2-0) vs. Typical (2-0)

Bitch claims he don't get owned, right, let's go with the hype
So's true, he'll never get a girl, since he's nobody's Typ

VS.
Now i dont mind losing, but dont you go Losing ya Mind Dick
(Why r u here?)
U couldnt take Rb's balls out ya mouth...... using da Heimlech

This, by my opinion was a weak battle, neither person dropped a decent bar. One person thought that Typical took the battle, and their vote for him caused a little beef that lasted all of 2 days. Everyone else went with Vaskez, so clearly that person see’s things differently than everyone else, but Vaskez took the win with extreme ease, making him another person who is still undefeated. Judging from his past battles and his overall skill level I expect that he’ll be one of the main contender’s for the championship title.

Nick Fletcher (2-1) vs. L.I. (2-1)

lendin u so many hits. ull have to pay rent bitch
give you .500 reasons to quit rap
....starting with week 5's win percentage
VS.
Ure wack rite now, but ya still think ya dope, L.I. stop actin' silly..
Cuz kid, lately I've seen more ass from you, than I have from ya siggy..

My opinion, this was an ok battle, it wasn’t incredibly dope, but it wasn’t weak. Both battlers brought ok bars to the table, some voters thought they were real good, others thought they were merely ok. The first vote went to L.I. but then once that was over every vote came to Nick Fletcher who won 8-1 in the end. Both are evenly matched on the same skill level, but this time Nick came out the easy victor. Nevertheless both battlers will be showing themselves a lot in the Top 16 and gunning for that Championship title.

9th Degree (2-1) vs. –Cezar- (2-1)

This is school and you the nerd im the bully...Ima blokk his lokka
Take ya around 9 years to get to me like degrees for a docta.
VS.
It's always heat, boy bands or school to flip my name and attack me
That's 3...
...same number of sites I've seen your bar worded exactly

As if there was any doubt of who would win this from the start, 9th dominated in the voting getting a successful 15-2 victory. Cezar basically ruined his setup with the punchline, the setup was decent, but he took it somewhere else, and used a played nameplay. 9th brought a nice bar, one of the best ones in the league for the week, easily he deserved the win. There was a lot of moaning about him feeding off the other guy’s verse, which he did…that was breaking the rules. But Cezar acted stupid and evened it out by breaking the rules himself with a little swaying. So, both broke the rules so they cancelled each other out, and 9th took the win from votes.

DaTrusHurtz (1-0) vs. DoContinue (1-0)

You won't ever be a threat to me so get away ya homo
I mean your idea of Martial Arts is a big Eminem photo

VS.
cant handle datruth? i wont give you a chance to improve
cuz style is craps, so roll on, wit me you just gamblin dude...

The main problem for DC in this battle was that his wording was off, and a few people didn’t actually understand the full wordplay he was using. Even still, DTH had the overall better punch, the concept was to some real good and to some quite played and gay. Even still, everybody decided that DTH performed better and he came away with an easy KO. DTH is definitely a contender, judging from last season’s battles he can do a lot better than he delivered in this battle.
Old 10-24-05, 01:52 AM   #4
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Really, some of these people’s punches were really fuckin’ weedy.

Kinda like Kon.Tay.Juz’s puny ass muscles in this pic.

The Rest of the Reviews

Payn (0-0) vs. Immense (0-0)

Wow. What a battle, the dopeness of this battle was too much for RV to register. Or at least that’s what the two fools involved would like to think. Neither one even made an effort to check in, that takes no-showing to an even wacker level. You are both gay and don’t try and come back unless you intend on showing.

Kon.Tay.Juz (0-0) vs. In Fluents (0-0)

And the shock of the week, Kon actually showed up. Damn, and he had no-showing down to perfection. But, on a serious note good job showing up, he took the no-show win.

Os1ris (1-2) vs. Makeveli Trained (2-1)

Like your alias name you should just stay in solitude..ya dig...
Cause this dick only thinks of being hard when lookin at his sig..

VS.
Nothing.

Yes, Os1ris actually showed up, Makeveli did manage a check in, but I guess dropping a two line bar was too strenuous of an exercise for his fingers. Personally, if he would’ve showed I think he would’ve taken the battle easy, but oh well, congrats to Os for getting his second win.

Pictureperfect2 (1-1) vs. Natural killa (1-1)

think you're a rapper, well your just fakin kid
cuz u could buy a penis pump and still not make it big
VS.
ur too dumb & stupid to spit something that'd make us go "WOW!!"
cuz it's not that you didn't want to check in
........it's just that you don't know how......

This battle was weak, picture didn’t even bother with a check in and just came in and dropped. I’m not going to say he is dope, but he is a lot better than what he dropped. NK tried playing off the fact that picture didn’t check in but personally, I didn’t like it and he didn’t use the 3-line method very well. Overall a disappointing, but one-sided battle and NK took all 12 votes with picture getting 0.

Theory (1-0) vs. Shake-spear (1-0)

I'll make YOU fear me, see ya hidin' from the rippin', dude
Cuz... I'll Shake-Spear more then African tribe rituals

VS.
im endin this story backwards so watch how i 'End The'.
cause with punchlines im finishin 'The' like ima "Contenda".

Another battle that wasn’t at the level it could’ve been. Shake-spear for those who may not know is dope at punchlines, he owned many people last season. This time though he tried something a little too complex and near enough everyone who voted didn’t get what he was trying to do. Theory used a played nameplay, and it was also basically just a rearranged way of using the same nameplay hotshh! used last season on shake, still Theory took 12 votes and shake got just 1.

eFFex (0-2) vs. Big_O (0-3) vs. Infinite1 (1-0)

Ay yo when i drop its like a bomb
to bad your gayer then elton john
VS.
Please dont take it seriously , theres no need for remorse.
Cuz my rhymes will lift your spirits...then leave you youre corpse.

VS.
Nothing.

Originally meant to be a 3-way battle, it quickly became a 1-vs-1 when eFFex pulled a no-show. This had to be the gayest battle of the week, both came incredibly weak, and Big_O had the wackest punch in the whole league for the week. With that basic played shit that looked like a 5 year old dropped it, and then Infinite1 came with something almost as weak. Only two people voted, NK gave 1st place to Big_O and 2nd place to Infinite1. Hotshh! came and gave it the other way around.

Mad Knizzle (0-0) vs. MaRVJay1009 (0-1)

u dont be thuggin in da street,u a crook up in a house.
..................you clap marv? nah
be4 u can "lick a shot" i'll put a "bullet in ya mouth".

VS.
People were sayin that you left RV for a while all due to shame
A rap career of more downs than ups,shame it dont refect in ya name

Five votes decided this battle, all of them went to Marv. I really don’t like his wording and the fact that he types like he’s talking gangsta and uses some sort of gun-talk in every bar he ever drops. But MK came in with a basic as hell bar, and it was real weak. He didn’t deserve to win at all, that is why he didn’t. MK, you need to go back to your ghostwriter for some more of them throw away average bars he was giving you last season…..EXPOSED: MK did have a ghostwriter!!

GreatnesS (1-0) vs. Kamze (1-1)

all this kid does is bitch and moan, plus nobody likes him
so all take ya so called solid lyrics,and bust your fuckin chin

VS.
Nothing.

Another no-show battle, Kamze didn’t even bother checking in and I guess Greatness was expecting that as he dropped a weak no-show bar. So another win to add to Greatness’ count, making him another new person who is yet to be defeated.

Fraud (1-1) vs. PEI (1-1)

Foes weak cuz, they flow needs a, tuning fa sho speak up
no beef plus,Im an alcoholic its All about Brandy like Moesha

VS.
Nothing.

Another no-show battle win. PEI came in after complaining that fraud actually came slightly late, but a few people did. Mimesis did say something about that, that a slight extension would be granted, and PEI should’ve just dropped something. He chose not to so gets the loss.

Defined (0-1) vs. Micsachek (0-1)

the mics-i-check rip your flesh make your backbone bend
i define freddy over jason...
.......................beating you with a simple wink at the end

VS.
Nothing.

And another no-show battle, Micsachek checked, but did not drop. Defined brought an easy no-show bar and took his very first win in the PLL.

Diligence (0-1) vs. E.C (1-2)

This battle will be EZ`, it's hard not to be confident
Shit, I dont need censorship to take out Explicit Content
VS.
even if ive got writers block i can snipe shots that drop you,
and no i'm not talking about the zits on your face...
........when i say i want to pop you,

This battle was weak, it was close with what voting happened and rightfully so because both bars were not good. Diligence dropped probably the most played out nameplay on E.C ever. E.C tried the 3-line method, barely pulled it off, but the punch itself was weak and played. Also, unless E.C can prove that Diligence has zits it is technically a fake personal, some people may have took that as a personal rather than a straight punch. Either way, E.C came away with the win edging it out 3-2.

Icy-Hot (0-0) vs. New Meth0d (0-0)

i hate your head cold style you will never be hot
you think your cool, but your reall snot

VS.
if newmethods got skills danm show'em, cuz i aint know you had'em
watch how burns slip off this match like small dick in a magnum

I have to say that this is some of the funniest shit ever. Both dropped late, meaning that New Method dropped an ass bar on purpose, and then Icy rushed his bar. However, still one would think that Icy would take the win, but no, in the end it was New Method walking away with a 4-2 win. The overall cheesiness of his bar won over the voters who really couldn’t help but laugh at it. This basically a case of the wackest bar ever was so wack, it was funny.

Common (0-2) vs. Rah-Ta-Tat-Tat (0-2)

A Sight For Sore Eyes... Man, You're Nothing To Start Winking At
Break Thoughts, When I Pull The Brim Back On Your Thinking Cap
VS.
Me & U Got A 'Common' Enemy...We Both Despise Ur Rapz...
Think Ur A Idol Like Dre?..Only Resemblence Is Ya Both Ghostwrite Ur Tracks!

This battle was hella weak, I am not surprised that it only had one vote in total on it and that went to Rah-Ta-Tat-Tat. He came with an attempted play off of that Withersman dude dropping for Common, but it was weak. Common’s punch was weaker and the whole concept of the punch was worded wrong and it was basic and weak to begin with.

Crazy Hades (0-0) vs. Illist (0-0)

get pissed on and split.. this fools in the bottom so why dig?
& I guess you are the shit..
........................since all your lines deserve to go IN my sig
VS.
God gave this kid the fruits of wisdom, but he went and spoiled it...
go back to your gay clubs, but first...get your license out of the toilet.

Wow, both went with similar punches and both had weak shit. This in my opinion was an upset win because Crazy Hades is a topical head, and Illist when he tries comes real nice with his punches. I still think that if he puts effort into his drops then he will go further than Crazy Hades will. The voting was one-sided really with Crazy Hades taking 4 votes and Illist only taking 1.

Daubs (1-2) vs. Sin`cere (1-2)

Ask sin anything, he'll agree...it dont matta what you said
Cause he's always quick to nod...
...on other peoples heads

VS.
Nothing.

Daubs is definitely lucky that Sin`cere didn’t show, because even though he ain’t that good with punches, Sin could’ve easily beaten that. Daubs dropped a real weak bar, whether or not he knew Sin was going to no-show, I don’t know, but he gets the win bringing him up to 2-2.

Kool Col-B (0-0) vs. Oreo (0-0)

you cant call me delicious, kool col-b must gots it misunderstood
cuz problems with your engine is the only time you put up ya hood
VS.
i'll shank him wif my blade, n watch this pussy stumble
u gonna have 2 break yoself, cuz thats tha way tha cookie crumbles

LMFAO!! This was the other corny battle of the week. Kool Col-B always drops some cheesy ass idiotic bar, but it always seems to win over the voters. He received all 6 votes with one of the corniest bars I have ever seen. Amazingly though, some people thought the nameplay was really clever and original. Lol, Kool Col-B never ceases to amaze and humour me, let’s see how far that can take him in this league though.

Satans Spawn (0-0) vs. Hopesfall (0-0)

When I Throw This Punch Ima Leave Hopesfall Mouth "Wired Up"
We All Know He Cant Throw a Punch Since He Wants To "STFU."
VS.
Banned for biting and back, still writing that wack shit, kid your not first
But your the only guy to spawn from Satan and NEVER post a hot verse!

Wow, in this battle Satan (aka Stanza) really came weak, I’ve seen him drop nice bars before, even when he isn’t biting. But this was wack, his rhyming was off and that fucked up his attempted personal. Hopesfall dropped a decent personal, although the biting concept on stanza has been worn out, but the nameplay was decent and rightfully, Hopesfall took a 6-0 knockout victory.

PreZidict (0-0) vs. Rile1 (0-0)

dont gotta kick this herbs ass, his crack been filled
only reason ya "lifes hair"(here)...
...............is cause u "tracked ya will"!!!

VS.
Strictly Business?? I hope so, that shits a lie, fag, Ill strike and stop heart
how u gonna know about poppin gats, when u can barely even Pop-Tart?

Two new battlers, this battle was ok. Rile1 at first thought that Prez wasn’t gonna show and I bet he wishes he hadn’t, because Prez owned in this battle. There were 10 votes in total and each one rightfully went to Prez. Rile1 attempted some gay ass shit with links, they are played to fuck. The punch itself was also weak, Prez had some nice wordplay and that was it, but his bar totally owned Rile1’s so he easily took the win here.
Old 10-24-05, 01:58 AM   #5
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Predictions

Championship Match: 1. Apostrophe (4-0) vs. 2. Young Blaze (4-0)
This could be a real tight battle, it all comes down to who wants it more and who puts the most effort in. Both are capable of dropping real nice punches, but both have come not at their best. I’ve got Apostrophe taking this based on his overall performance so far, Young Blaze hasn’t really gotten into his stride yet.

Contendership Match: 3. Spektikul (4-0) vs. 4. Apotropaic (4-0)
Spektikul should take this with relative ease, Apo is one to watch but really he hasn’t brought anything real dope yet. He’s gotten wins from people just not doing their best, but he did beat The Rev last week so anything is possible. And we all know Spek is capable of coming wack, look when he battled Nick Fletcher.

5. Vaskez (3-0) vs. 6. Nick Fletcher (3-1)
Now this battle could go either way, both haven’t dropped at their full potential. Nick Fletcher has had harder opponents than Vaskez and beaten them so that may give him the edge. But the fact that he voted against Vaskez last week, and a little beef cropped up, that may inspire Vaskez to really prove a point this week.

7. 9th Degree (3-1) vs. 8. Mr. Key (3-1)
Well first off, it all depends on if Mr. Key shows. He can bring the heat, he has shown that already, but frankly I can’t see him beating 9th Degree. 9th Degree for me, despite not being #1 ranked is still the strongest competitor in this league at the moment. He just needs to drop at his full potential and he’ll be taking that title soon enough.

9. FuxJustAWord (3-1) vs. 10. The Revelation (3-1)
Fux has made a recent habit of not showing up due to the fact that he is never home on Friday. If he does drop, and he drops decent and not half-assed I can see him taking this battle. After last week The Rev needs to look towards getting into his groove and not trying to drop overly complex bars that confuse people.

11. DaTrusHurtz (2-0) vs. 12. Theory (2-0)
I haven’t really seen that much from Theory, he took down one of the best last week defeating shake-spear, but still……I can’t see him beating DTH. DTH has got quite a reputation for dropping nice, if he tries then he should take this battle relatively easy.

13. GreatnesS (2-0) vs. 14. Infinite1 (2-0)
A shock really that these two find themselves in the Top 16. From what I’ve seen from the two of them, I would predict GreatnesS to take the win, Infinite1 tends to focus more on statements than punches.

15. Natural Killa (2-1) vs. 16. Fraud (2-1)
An easy one to call, props to fraud for making it up here but for me he doesn’t have the skill level to defeat NK. But then the fact that NK seems to be constantly battling outside the PLL, he may start to get drained for punches, so look out for a possible upset here, it isn’t likely, but it could happen.

============================

17. Hopesfall (1-0) vs. 18. PreZidict (1-0)
Overall, I haven’t seen anything really from Hopesfall. Last week he dropped a fairly creative bar that got him an easy win, but I don’t know if he can perform again. Prez has come good in battles before, outside of the PLL. I would say that Prez could take this, but Hopesfall is still in with a chance.

19. New Meth0d (1-0) vs. 20. KOOL COL-B (1-0)
This battle should be highly entertaining, if last week is something to go by. Both Kool and Method dropped extremely corny bars last week, but both came away with the win. If New Method drops on time, and gets some effort into his punch then he will take this battle with ease.

21. Kon.Tay.Juz (1-0) vs. 22. Crazy Hades (1-0)
Can Kon show up two weeks in a row? That is the big question, but really if he does show and drop he will take this battle no problem. Crazy Hades is a topical head and can only drop average, Kon is known to drop some fire when he tries.

23. Typical (2-1) vs. 24. MaRVJay1009 (1-1)
It’s a toss up. Typical can drop nice lines, he can drop real ass lines. And Marv, if he lays off all the “wannabe gangsta gun talk” he could murder a lot of people. His problem is his attitude and the fact that he can’t seem to shy away from the same concepts. To call a winner, I’d say Marv will just about edge this out. Typical for me is far too inconsistent.

25. Defined (1-1) vs. 26. E.C (2-2)
Both on a 0.500% record, both inconsistent in their battles. I would say based on my own personal opinions that E.C will take this battle. Lately he has dropped some decent lines in the Tag Tourney, if he can bring that same skill level in here he will go far.

27. Os1ris (2-2) vs. 28. Daubs (2-2)
Os1ris is too average of a hitter for me, he hasn’t really beaten anyone that good, and the one real decent head he faced, he lost to. Daubs is coming inconsistent in this league, he can drop real witty and comical lines, with nice wordplay but he just doesn’t seem to try at the moment, still he will take this battle.

29. -Cezar- (2-2) vs. 30. L.I. (2-2)
Both suffering demoralizing defeats last week, this battle could be close because both so far have dropped average stuff, I don’t think either one has hit their prime yet. I would still give this battle to L.I. because he has the experience advantage over Cezar, he has been battling a lot longer, and can bring the heat if he wants.

31. DoContinue (1-1) vs. 32. Shake-spear (1-1)
DoContinue seems to be falling off at the moment, at times he has dropped some real hot shit, but lately he comes half-assed or just complete ass. Shake-spear tried something that didn’t pay off last week, he should drop back to his usual style of witty, comedy lines and he will be back up top where he belongs.

33. PEI (1-1) vs. 34. Rah-Ta-Tat-Tat (1-2)
Rah-Ta-Tat-Tat is an average battler, I haven’t seen him do anything worth looking at yet, but I haven’t seen PEI battle, anyone could take this battle.

35. Drakel (0-0) vs. 36. Legend (0-0)
Don’t really know much about Legend, I will say that it will take something real nice to beat Drakel if he tries. Last season he dominated a lot of opponents with his witty lines, I look forward to seeing him produce some of the same this season.

37. Black Arts (0-0) vs. 38. Macca (0-0)
Neither one really looks to be any good, I don’t know whether they try in their battles or not, but they haven’t done anything that jumps out as of yet. I’ll say Black Arts will win, purely because I’ve seen better stuff from him than I have from Macca.

39. Lil C (0-0) vs. 40. Status (0-0)
If he shows, Status will take this battle all the way. Lil C is still elevating for me, Status is an old school veteran with more than 70 wins to his name on RV. He can be as creative as the best when he wants, he should walk this battle.

41. - Menace - (0-0) vs. 42. Slash (0-0)
Haven’t seen anything from either one, so I can’t make a prediction. I will definitely be looking out for this battle though.

43. Achilles (0-0) vs. 44. HollowMan™ (0-0)
Again, haven’t seen either of them in battle. Who will win? I don’t know.

45. NaRc-UzI (0-0) vs. 46. KillaCamFlow (0-0)
KillaCam has never come good for me, he has dropped average at best, but mostly I’ve seen weak stuff. Narc has had a few nice lines, but he is consistently dropping average bars and weak ones. Anyone could take this really, but if Narc puts some kind of effort in he should get the win.

47. Antonio Banderas (0-0) vs. 48. Ryda (0-0)

49. Buck.Marley (0-0) vs. 50. Cannabarz (0-0)

51. ThatNigga (0-0) vs. 52. Pictureperfect2 (1-2)
Well, lately picture has been dropping ass. He is capable of so much more and ThatNigga hasn’t really done anything on the whole site worth mentioning. If picture puts minimal effort into a punch I can see him winning, if he drops a bunch of BS like he has been, he could lose.

53. Satans Spawn (0-1) vs. 54. Icy-hot (0-1)
Don’t really know how to call this one. Satan can drop ok, sometimes quite clever punches. Icy-hot hasn’t really done anything decent, but so far he has just rushed his stuff at the last minute. It will be a battle to look out for, could be dope, could be a bunch of shit.

55. Oreo (0-1) vs. 56. Rile1 (0-1)
The cookie monster should win, oreo can drop some nice lines. Rile1 hasn’t really done anything that I’ve seen that makes me want to pick him as the winner.

57. Illist (0-1) vs. 58. Big_O (1-3)
After the homosexual punch Big_O dropped last week, I don’t know if he’ll even show this week. Illist should breeze through this battle with no effort at all, or maybe Big_O purposely dropped ass to throw people off.

59. Diligence (0-2) vs. 60. Common (0-3) vs. 61. eFFex (0-3)
Last week eFFex didn’t show, and Diligence dropped an ass punch. Common is very inconsistent, and for me doesn’t try a lot. But he can bring a decent punch when he wants to, so I can see him taking this if he shows and doesn’t act like a moron with some ass shit. Coming in second place, I would say that Diligence will take that spot and eFFex more than likely won’t show.
Old 10-24-05, 02:00 AM   #6
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Outro

And that brings this week’s magazine to a close.

The Punchline League is slowly building its way up to a real high level status, you all need to contribute to this by showing up for your battles and dropping some fire.
That means to those who have just signed up, don’t ho-show you cockheads. And also for those in the league, when you vote, it wouldn’t kill you to leave like two lines on why you think a person won. All of these “V/ - [Insert Name Here]…” votes are ridiculous, how is anyone supposed to know if you even got the punches.

Also, let’s try to keep the beef to a minimum now or at least try to keep it within the confines of the correct thread, in particular “Vaskez” and “Myself”. Word.
And stop freeposting in your own battle threads, or deciding to have a little chat with your opposition. There is a “Chat Thread” for that, or better yet go on AIM or MSN. Or better than that, the recently created “Talking League” is a hot spot for non-stop talking.

So, all that is left to say is keep showing up for battles, dropping fire, and try and get more people to sign up for the league.

Then we can make this league the largest in internet history.

Just like Socrates’ Sherman Klump lookin’ ass.
Old 10-24-05, 03:34 AM   #7
Its a me.. Mario
Bone is gay.

Text Record: 3-2
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 133C 7AC8

Nice mag... Lots of detail... like 3what you doin with it... outa the 4 weeks i bee here this the first week i looked at oneof these

Old 10-24-05, 08:28 AM   #8
Vaskez
Insane in the textbrain

Text Record: 3-0
IP: C38B EBAB

will read all of it later but LMAO @ the wackest punch and the photos
I'm like a Benz, you ain't even like a Cadillac
Ya more like a Reagal
I'm a pittbull and you's a beagel

Old 10-24-05, 08:30 AM   #9
E.C
Evolution

Text Record: 26-7
Audio Record: 3-5
Graphics Record: 7-1
IP: 0DD2 7DAA

dope mag.... lookin forward to reading next weeks.....

..Open Mics..

Old 10-24-05, 08:42 AM   #10
N.Tavarez
the medicine man

Text Record: 43-6
IP: 8B7B DE28

hahahha at socrates pic
can u say bonecrusher?

Old 10-24-05, 01:41 PM   #11
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 14F6 545E

Pretty much this whole league, even the mage, is a 2-line version of WBL.

Yeah, I said it. Fuck your disclaimer.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.

Old 10-24-05, 01:49 PM   #12
King Solo
Skadoosh!

Word. But that picture thing they do is hilarious. So I had to use it.
Old 10-24-05, 01:53 PM   #13
Nynth Degree
In ya area.

IP: 14F6 545E

Word, now maybe certain people will stop thinking I'm the kid in the yellow lol. Anyways, good job on this, looks to be a pretty good week in the Top 14.
ninth your a fucking idiot and im purposly spelling your name wrong...

PS, no Sony.

Old 10-24-05, 02:00 PM   #14
Daubs
NO SURRENDER

IP: 71DB 93E1

Sick mag solo,

good read glad you took the time to do it.

Old 10-24-05, 02:17 PM   #15
N.Tavarez
the medicine man

Text Record: 43-6
IP: 8B7B DE28

im so tempted to rejoin....but im too far behind