RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-05, 11:55 PM   #1
Status
Ask About Me

Text Record: 72-16
Audio Record: 8-3
Graphics Record: 0-0
YO Phenom, LEady, ApeXX, and others

IP: 4B3C 998A

yo you guys have done shows and yuour are all saying its best to do shows then after try and sell your Cd

and i was just wondering how do you do a show
like you guys make it seem so easy to get a show
so i was wondering if you all can give some steps about that shit
since you gave us advice about selling our product

thanks
Old 11-01-05, 11:57 PM   #2
.Ike.
Ike

Audio Record: 3-1
IP: 577C 1E7C

first you start off by dissing mexican herbs like yourself....

as demonstrated here..... http://community.rapverse.com/showthread.php?t=213331
Send a message via AIM to .Ike.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-05, 12:07 AM   #3
Status
Ask About Me

yo........i thought i was blocked, LOL i guess you cant get enough of me.....LOL
Old 11-02-05, 12:09 AM   #4
L.E
L.E

IP: DB16 D9CD

Well...I haven't done many shows, but I'm pretty sure I know how it's done...

Step 1:

Find a place that will draw a big enough crowd to get some real results. Make sure that the general area will have an interest in your music.

Step 2:

Advertise. Like a mother fuck. Post them posters up in stores, schools, everything. That will get your show known.

Step 3:

Finding equipment can be a bitch...you gotta have everything you need...I'm not sure what it is cause I always use my friends' shit haha...

Step 4:

Practice your music. Make sure you got it down and memorized.

Step 5:

Get all the necessary people you will need to help...bouncers, DJ's, etc. You need somebody who's gonna press a button on a CD player to play the instrumental, or a DJ who will spin you beats.

Step 6:

Get the crowd bumpin. Use a couple opening songs to get the crowd started and then switch it up.

All I know really.
Old 11-02-05, 12:10 AM   #5
.Ike.
Ike

damn skippy compadre...i just had some kid IM me saying he felt bad for you...cause of my song....

but yo i wanna take this time out to thank you......for the Cheesy Gordita Crunch.....i get 2 of them bitches every time i go to Taco Bell man
Old 11-02-05, 12:12 AM   #6
Status
Ask About Me

im not talking about renting out a place and doing shit like that.....

i talking about clubs and other shit like that.............
Old 11-02-05, 12:13 AM   #7
.Ike.
Ike

go to the nearest Casa Bravo restaurant......and im sure theyll give you a show playing the banjo
Old 11-02-05, 12:13 AM   #8
Status
Ask About Me

yo kid this aint a beef thread so stop beefing and yo if you wanna talk shit heres my aim

Stativitie

hit me up with all your bull shit....
Old 11-02-05, 07:53 PM   #9
∆ P E X X
Engineer / Club Promoter

Audio Record: 8-2
IP: 91D5 EDD0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited Edition
Well...I haven't done many shows, but I'm pretty sure I know how it's done...

Step 1:

Find a place that will draw a big enough crowd to get some real results. Make sure that the general area will have an interest in your music.

Step 2:

Advertise. Like a mother fuck. Post them posters up in stores, schools, everything. That will get your show known.

Step 3:

Finding equipment can be a bitch...you gotta have everything you need...I'm not sure what it is cause I always use my friends' shit haha...

Step 4:

Practice your music. Make sure you got it down and memorized.

Step 5:

Get all the necessary people you will need to help...bouncers, DJ's, etc. You need somebody who's gonna press a button on a CD player to play the instrumental, or a DJ who will spin you beats.

Step 6:

Get the crowd bumpin. Use a couple opening songs to get the crowd started and then switch it up.

All I know really.

Nah, that's for doing your own show which is something you don't want to do for quite a long long time.

In refference to the question, getting gigs is pretty easy, but it all comes down to how much a person likes you and your music. Essentially, you have to speak to the manager or anyone with chest hairs in there and ask them if it's cool that you perform a track or three FREE and live. Offer them a CD in the same sentence so you're in/out fast and you didn't say anythin to put your foot in your ass. They MUST listen to your CD and their own curiosity will burn them till they do, if you pull it off. Make sure you got your info on your CD it self and it's done. I put my email and phone number, but you can put either or, but understand you'll get way more hits on a phone number than you EVER will by email. I don't think one person's ever emailed me and I can't tell you how many calls I've gotten. The proces after you hand em the CD is to lay up and see what they have to say. If they don't call, you go hit em again like "yo what's up? what'd you think?" and sort it out, they'll respect you for that at the very least. Club owners know club owners, so ask em if he knowns anywhere you can hit and there's a good chance he'll mention another club he owns, or if it's a DJ, it'll be another club he performs at. THAT'S HOW YOU MULTIPLY GIGS!! If you're nice, they'll whore you out for a little by asking you to come back more and more but never pay you and really think they're getting you, but in actuallity you're whoring them because you're getting 3 things that a new artists needs IMMEDIATELY: Exposure, Money, especially as a result of that exposure (selling CD's during performances, boys on stage help) and Groupies. Not to mention you get a "home club" which people are gonna love hearing you tell em, like "yo, if you want ot hear me and cant hit my site or something ,come to so and so club on these days" and it's a rap. My Home Club was Escape and Hummers for about a month. For the timing on the "can I sell my CD's here at the shows?" part, wait till the second time before you ask em to hand out CD's for sale. It looks a little tacky up front sometimes, so you read the situation. There's no reason you can't get it at least 8 out of 10 clubs. Either using the round about and longer pay-off way, or the short but immediate way.

The CD's you give em: MAKE SURE TO HAVE A HOT TRACK THAT'S CLUB MATERIAL!! You have to be EXTRA hot at this point since they'd be playing you along side some high calibur club songs. Don't put your bitch ass cry baby song on the CD first, give em that high energy popper, and follow it up with 2-3 more and END THE CD!! Don't fuck your self by doing or saying too much, just end it with what's direct and be content with knowing that ending it there is the best possible thing. And from there you can pimp those gigs till they get tired of seeing you, or you flat out saturate that area. Use those smaller home clubs as momentum to get you bigger ones that pay and do the same thing there, and so on. You could literally repeat this process forever and directly into a deal easily, just by the sheer odds of it.

And that's about that. I'm tired typing and I'm sure you're tired reading, but there's a little end peice to this I'll get in later. This is enough to get going. 1

I Turn Rappers into Legends
Welcome to the Business world.

www.soundclick.com/apexx
^Make no mistake about it, the boy is a fuckin BEAST^

The Rush Ent.

Send a message via AIM to ∆ P E X X Send a message via MSN to ∆ P E X X Send a message via Yahoo to ∆ P E X X   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-05, 08:01 PM   #10
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 1ADC A69C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apexx
Nah, that's for doing your own show which is something you don't want to do for quite a long long time.

In refference to the question, getting gigs is pretty easy, but it all comes down to how much a person likes you and your music. Essentially, you have to speak to the manager or anyone with chest hairs in there and ask them if it's cool that you perform a track or three FREE and live. Offer them a CD in the same sentence so you're in/out fast and you didn't say anythin to put your foot in your ass. They MUST listen to your CD and their own curiosity will burn them till they do, if you pull it off. Make sure you got your info on your CD it self and it's done. I put my email and phone number, but you can put either or, but understand you'll get way more hits on a phone number than you EVER will by email. I don't think one person's ever emailed me and I can't tell you how many calls I've gotten. The proces after you hand em the CD is to lay up and see what they have to say. If they don't call, you go hit em again like "yo what's up? what'd you think?" and sort it out, they'll respect you for that at the very least. Club owners know club owners, so ask em if he knowns anywhere you can hit and there's a good chance he'll mention another club he owns, or if it's a DJ, it'll be another club he performs at. THAT'S HOW YOU MULTIPLY GIGS!! If you're nice, they'll whore you out for a little by asking you to come back more and more but never pay you and really think they're getting you, but in actuallity you're whoring them because you're getting 3 things that a new artists needs IMMEDIATELY: Exposure, Money, especially as a result of that exposure (selling CD's during performances, boys on stage help) and Groupies. Not to mention you get a "home club" which people are gonna love hearing you tell em, like "yo, if you want ot hear me and cant hit my site or something ,come to so and so club on these days" and it's a rap. My Home Club was Escape and Hummers for about a month. For the timing on the "can I sell my CD's here at the shows?" part, wait till the second time before you ask em to hand out CD's for sale. It looks a little tacky up front sometimes, so you read the situation. There's no reason you can't get it at least 8 out of 10 clubs. Either using the round about and longer pay-off way, or the short but immediate way.

The CD's you give em: MAKE SURE TO HAVE A HOT TRACK THAT'S CLUB MATERIAL!! You have to be EXTRA hot at this point since they'd be playing you along side some high calibur club songs. Don't put your bitch ass cry baby song on the CD first, give em that high energy popper, and follow it up with 2-3 more and END THE CD!! Don't fuck your self by doing or saying too much, just end it with what's direct and be content with knowing that ending it there is the best possible thing. And from there you can pimp those gigs till they get tired of seeing you, or you flat out saturate that area. Use those smaller home clubs as momentum to get you bigger ones that pay and do the same thing there, and so on. You could literally repeat this process forever and directly into a deal easily, just by the sheer odds of it.

And that's about that. I'm tired typing and I'm sure you're tired reading, but there's a little end peice to this I'll get in later. This is enough to get going. 1

sounds like what I've been hearing the past 2 days I've been investigating

yep

and my goal is to perform my first show before february 06

good/interesting info
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-05, 08:16 PM   #11
Implicit
-BTR-

IP: 2029 97B3

Wow. Thanks for all the info. Right now I'm getting shows lined up for the summer.
Old 11-02-05, 08:44 PM   #12
leady
Addicted

Text Record: 1-1
Audio Record: 2-0
IP: D4E9 E286

yeah apexx pretty much nailed it all on the head perfectly.... u just need to approach people in the correct manner so they like u as a person and ALLWAYS have demo's handy ready to pass on to them.... you wont succeed everytime no matter how good u are, u just got to be willing to take no for an answer, but put in the work n it allways pays off eventually.... theres really i can say apexx hasnt allready said so ill leave it at that
Old 11-02-05, 08:47 PM   #13
L.E
L.E

IP: DB16 D9CD

-Wishes he was of legal age to even go into clubs.-

Old 11-02-05, 10:28 PM   #14
Magic5

IP: 4AF5 0BD9

My advice -

Go up and be like "AYO, CAN I GET A SHOW?!" and then they'll say yes.

Word.
Old 11-02-05, 10:35 PM   #15
Incineratedrose
To The Ground...

IP: B883 0CC4

Or he'll say no, either way.. you get an answer.

Merciless Cult.
Send a message via AIM to Incineratedrose   Reply With Quote