RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-05, 10:53 PM   #16
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

IP: 6369 035F

everyone was given an equal opportunity wen the human race began....... its all "the fittest will survive" after that point...... just cuz minority groups were oppressed doesnt mean that those minority groups didnt have a chance to "come up" before than....... darwinism people..... africans, etc had centuries to advance and shit before the white people interfered..... had they been advanced, they wouldntve been taken advantage of

it could easily be the other way around.........

...The real Renegade before Hova...
Old 12-04-05, 11:38 PM   #17
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 5467 E2B2

^ wow, i'm not so sure that thats logical

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 12-04-05, 11:48 PM   #18
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

its very logical............ tell me how its not?

Old 12-04-05, 11:50 PM   #19
Blay'all

because, you just said that all humans were created equal, then that its "survival of the fittest"... well, if we were all created equal (which i believe we were), then we'd all be just as fit... AND, darwinism's theory of the "survival of the fittest" applies to biological evolution, it has nothing to do with people having power over each other

Old 12-04-05, 11:56 PM   #20
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

shit...... blacks had it better in america than the irish immigrants....... the irish imigrants who were servants (aka most of them) had to do all the dangerous tasks because they were technically not free labor, so the masters didnt care if they died..... african slaves did alot less dangerous activities because they got no pay so they were more valuable to the master.... a master would almost never do sumthin that would kill a slave.... wen a slave escaped they were always asked to be returned alive......

being irish, i get NOOOO affirmative action... my ancestors were oppressed, too.... but yet, im prolly gonna lose a college acceptance to a minority cuz his ancestors may or may not have been slaves/oppressed?????? thats bullshit to me........ im not gonna start campaignin to get rid of affirmative action..... but in my particular case, it makes no sense for other people to get a head start on me.....

Old 12-04-05, 11:57 PM   #21
Blay'all

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuxJustAWord
shit...... blacks had it better in america than the irish immigrants....... the irish imigrants who were servants (aka most of them) had to do all the dangerous tasks because they were technically not free labor, so the masters didnt care if they died..... african slaves did alot less dangerous activities because they got no pay so they were more valuable to the master.... a master would almost never do sumthin that would kill a slave.... wen a slave escaped they were always asked to be returned alive......

being irish, i get NOOOO affirmative action... my ancestors were oppressed, too.... but yet, im prolly gonna lose a college acceptance to a minority cuz his ancestors may or may not have been slaves/oppressed?????? thats bullshit to me........ im not gonna start campaignin to get rid of affirmative action..... but in my particular case, it makes no sense for other people to get a head start on me.....

sooooo, in response to me proving u wrong u changed the subject?

Old 12-05-05, 12:03 AM   #22
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

and also........ the thing i was gonna say earlier before my computer fucked up was....... the past two years, two kids from my school have gone to harvard..... and in both cases they were minorities who didnt even finish in the top 10 in their class..... in both cases, the validictorian applied (both white males) to harvard and did not get accepted..... in both cases the validictorians were beating the minority that made it into harvard in every single aspect of school......... how would u feel to finish the TOP of ur class..... do all u could to be the best.. and than u dont get into ur dream school, but someone else WAY less qualified does because their ancestors MAY have been slaves or sumthin... its just total BS... and incase u dont know...... most ivy league schools will only take a maximum of one student from any school..... obviously MOST schools dont have one person go to harvard..... but a school like harvard will usually only take one, and one only student from any highscool no matter wat........

Old 12-05-05, 12:05 AM   #23
Blay'all

Quote:
and also........ the thing i was gonna say earlier before my computer fucked up was....... the past two years, two kids from my school have gone to harvard..... and in both cases they were minorities who didnt even finish in the top 10 in their class..... in both cases, the validictorian applied (both white males) to harvard and did not get accepted..... in both cases the validictorians were beating the minority that made it into harvard in every single aspect of school......... how would u feel to finish the TOP of ur class..... do all u could to be the best.. and than u dont get into ur dream school, but someone else WAY less qualified does because their ancestors MAY have been slaves or sumthin... its just total BS... and incase u dont know...... most ivy league schools will only take a maximum of one student from any school..... obviously MOST schools dont have one person go to harvard..... but a school like harvard will usually only take one, and one only student from any highscool no matter wat........

Harvard would be a private college, to which affirmative action does NOT apply

And, no, i applied to college last year and am in college right now, and no schools look at how many people are accepted from individual high schools... thats a well known fact

Sooooo, any other made up stories to support your non-present point?

Last edited by BL4Y : 12-05-05 at 12:08 AM.
Old 12-05-05, 12:08 AM   #24
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4Y
because, you just said that all humans were created equal, then that its "survival of the fittest"... well, if we were all created equal (which i believe we were), then we'd all be just as fit... AND, darwinism's theory of the "survival of the fittest" applies to biological evolution, it has nothing to do with people having power over each other

*i didnt see this response at first*
*clears throat* well to start off...... i sed we were all given an equal OPPORTUNITY... thats different from bein equal.... altho most of us were created equal also...... but the "fittest" has to do with adaptation to the rest of the world and advancements being made by those people to put them ahead of everyone else..... which made them more fit..... and Social Darwinism is not just biology, btw (which is wat i was reffering to..... not just the literal meaning)

Old 12-05-05, 12:09 AM   #25
Blay'all

Quote:
*i didnt see this response at first*
*clears throat* well to start off...... i sed we were all given an equal OPPORTUNITY... thats different from bein equal.... altho most of us were created equal also...... but the "fittest" has to do with adaptation to the rest of the world and advancements being made by those people to put them ahead of everyone else..... which made them more fit..... and Social Darwinism is not just biology, btw (which is wat i was reffering to..... not just the literal meaning)

lmao, blah blah? blah blah blah?

Old 12-05-05, 12:09 AM   #26
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

yes, i know that Affirmative action doesnt apply to harvard..... but they like to bring "diversity" and not be called a "racist" school, so they are almost forced to bring in minorities.....

Old 12-05-05, 12:11 AM   #27
Blay'all

Quote:
yes, i know that Affirmative action doesnt apply to harvard..... but they like to bring "diversity" and not be called a "racist" school, so they are almost forced to bring in minorities.....

no, not really... affirmative action would force them to do that

being a private school, they can accept whoever they want
if they want to accept a black student instead of a white one, thats their choice, its a private institution, totally unrelated to affirmative action

Old 12-05-05, 12:13 AM   #28
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

and no..... most colleges do look at what people they accept and what highschool they are from....... cuz of the whole diversity issue.......

Old 12-05-05, 12:14 AM   #29
Blay'all

Quote:
and no..... most colleges do look at what people they accept and what highschool they are from....... cuz of the whole diversity issue.......

nahhh, they really dont
i mean, theres no way to prove that, so theres no reason to debate it

but... ask your guidance counselor or somethin

Old 12-05-05, 12:16 AM   #30
TeamOne
FuxJustAWord

Quote:
Originally Posted by BL4Y
no, not really... affirmative action would force them to do that

being a private school, they can accept whoever they want
if they want to accept a black student instead of a white one, thats their choice, its a private institution, totally unrelated to affirmative action

yes, they CAN accept whoever they want..... but thats not the case.... they are put under pressure to be diverse...... a word i am overusing in this convo by now...... if there was no affirmative action issue, all colleges would accept whoever they want.. but it has such an impact nowadays, that all colleges are under pressure