RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge > The Cerebral Approach
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-26-06, 05:12 AM   #1
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Text Record: 22-1
Believing in God/astrology and question about light.

IP: 5289 AD6C

Okay, why is it religion involving God, condemns astrology?

Every month, the world is closer to, or further from the sun, and the rest of the stars in the solar system. They are positioned differently to the earth every month(and every day)
Assuming that God created the stars, and positioned them strategically...why is it astrology can't co-exist?
Light is massless energy, that DOES exert force. Light is passing through us every second. However it passes through us at different angles, and different rates and so forth at different times...Because the light traveling from the stars and sun is coming in at a different angle. I think it's possible astrology could be legitimate...becauise knowing that light can exert force, and it passes through us...raises the question...does it effect our brain cells in a way that it forms specific traits. I was born in july, I'm a cancer...if you look at astrology, the similarities get furhter and further away the farther the months get from eachother...and opposites are said to attract...perhaps why cancers best match is a taurus...and thats on the opposite side of the spectrum...or close to it anyways

If you read a real astrology book, and not that stupid shit online...you'll see....as the sun and stars progressively fall into different position towards the earth, because of how everything revolves...the trais between astrology signs also progressively differ......so i definately think it's possible..and makes sense...

but ALSO...
the theory of light is, or stars anyways....is that the stars we see, are stars that no longer exist...but the light is traveling towards earth, and thats how far away the stars really are, and thats how massive the light really is.....but think about this....

we've had constellations for thousands of years now, we have the same constellations away.....how could something that is proven to exert force, that is so big, and traveling so fast..........1....not effect anything it comes into contact with in a profound way....2.......how are the stars ONLY so far away? how is it every star in the sky....pretty much existed thousdans of years ago, and really hasn't changed in parallel to eachother? Obviously theres tons upon tons of stars that are all just out there.....but you would think that they wouldn't all be so far away, if light is too close, you can't see it move...because it's so fast...but yet your telling me this light is so massive, it can be seen from a distance so great...that even a speed that can't be seen by the human eye up close...makes it appear to stand still...for thousdans of years....not to mention..you would think some would be not too close to actually see the light moving...there has to be some middle ground, where the illusion of light standing still, and the inability to see light...where it's possible to see light travel

I am going to take astronomy courses next year cause this shit doesn't really make sense to me...but maybe someone can explain it so it makes sense...because it seems to be contradicting

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

The I.H.C.J.S.F.M.T.R.H.P.M.M.W.T.S.M.S.I.T.F.F.W.A.S. O Crew
Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 08:15 AM   #2
Tha Q.
OYD

IP: 64CA 6C26

Astronomy is the science. Astrology is pseudoscience. I did multiple experiments with horoscopes and came to the conclusion that they are ambiguous and vague. Yes, God did create the stars and everything else in existence. But, just like with anything, people can abuse its purpose and/or intent. There's a subject called "spiritual warfare" that comes into play here. Much of these things are matters of faith and not being blinded by satan to see his strategies. For every gift that God gives, Satan has a counter-gift that perverts the natural operation of the former.

Holla if you want me to go into specifics.
Send a message via AIM to Tha Q.   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 08:19 AM   #3
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Yeah, I know the difference between astrology and astronomy...i just wanted to ask that question about the theory of light and stars....because it doesn't make sense to me...i'm also not educated enough and i thought maybe someone could do that......I just brought them both up, because astronomy claims that light is energy that can exert force...which was relevant to my theory of astrology possibly being tied in with religion that revolves around God.....however, this spiritual warfare that you speak of, might help me elaborate more on my religion/astrology theory...or kill it..whichever it may be...thatd be cool if you took the time to get into specifics....I'm always up for learning, and good conversation....so hit me with whatever it is you know...and feel like typing

"watch what you watchin...fox keeps feedin' us toxin's..stop sleepin' start thinkin outside of the box and unplug from the matrix doctrine....but watch what you say cause big brother is watchin" - nas - sly fox

Send a message via AIM to In-Vision Send a message via MSN to In-Vision Send a message via Yahoo to In-Vision   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-06, 08:38 AM   #4
Tha Q.
OYD

The reason why I and other believers butt heads so much with other people on this site is because they haven't come to the knowledge of being spiritually minded. They're confusing knowing what scripture says with the mind, with what's going on around them in the spirit realm. It has nothing to do with intellect. God laughs at man's "intellect". It's foolishness to him. I've had to swallow my pride a couple times when people come at me with scriptures they've obviously taken out of context, and quote for the sake of provoking an argument when none is needed. I'm not an expert on scripture in the tradition of a theologist. But, I have studied and been taught scripture extensively throughout my life.

I won't go into too many specifics here because the bible says, "don't cast your pearls among swine." So, I don't want people who aren't spiritually minded to read it and become perplexed by what I'm saying. The fact of the matter is, the struggle of every man isn't with what you see, but with what you don't see. Satan knows the bible more than any Christian ever can. He was there with God in the beginning! So, just because someone quotes scripture doesn't make him righteous, or even a Christian. How can you tell if someone is a Christian or not? It's simple. Ask them who Jesus is. If the answer doesn't align with what the New Testament clearly says, then they are operating in a spirit of error, and anti-christ. There are many people on this board who fit that description. They've attempted to rape the bible by tearing out pages they don't agree with, but claiming to hold others near and dear. I scoff at that. Either accept ALL of the bible or NONE of it at all. Then, they attempt to say I'm not believing the bible because I'm gay. That's completely erroneous and outrageous. Every man is a sinner. If that logic were true, then NO MAN could claim to be a Christian because he sins at some point or another. Therefore, satan is a liar! Get behind me. These people think they are so clever and intelligent. Little do they know their own destruction will soon follow their folly if they don't repent. God is more than kind and gracious. They mock him. They laugh at God. They tempt God. They think God doesn't exist simply because he hasn't brought judgment to them, yet. Well, what they don't understand is judgment never comes right away. But, when it does, they'll know that they have reaped what they sowed. God is NOT mocked.

You can get by, but you won't get away.

Last edited by Tha Q. : 03-26-06 at 08:44 AM.
Old 03-26-06, 08:47 AM   #5
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Q.
The reason why I and other believers butt heads so much with other people on this site is because they haven't come to the knowledge of being spiritually minded. They're confusing knowing what scripture says with the mind, with what's going on around them in the spirit realm. It has nothing to do with intellect. God laughs at man's "intellect". It's foolishness to him. I've had to swallow my pride a couple times when people come at me with scriptures they've obviously taken out of context, and quote for the sake of provoking an argument when none is needed. I'm not an expert on scripture in the tradition of a theologist. But, I have studied and been taught scripture extensively throughout my life.

I won't go into too many specifics here because the bible says, "don't cast your pearls among swine." So, I don't want people who aren't spiritually minded to read it and become perplexed with what I'm saying. The fact of the matter is, the struggle of every man isn't with what you see, but with what you don't see. Satan knows the bible more than any Christian ever can. He was there with God in the beginning! So, just because someone quotes scripture doesn't make him righteous, or even a Christian. How can you tell if someone is a Christian or not? It's simple. Ask them who Jesus is. If the answer doesn't align with what the New Testament clearly says, then they are operating in a spirit of error, and anti-christ. There are many people on this board who fit that description. They're attempted to rape the bible by tearing out pages they don't agree with, but claiming to hold others near and dear. I scoff at that. Either accept ALL of the bible or NONE of it at all. Then, they attempt to say I'm not believing the bible because I'm gay. That's completely erroneous and outrageous. Every man is a sinner. If that logic were true, then NO MAN could claim to be a Christian because he sins at some point or another. Therefore, satan is a liar! Get behind me. These people think they are so clever and intelligent. Little do they know their own destruction will soon follow their folly if they don't repent. God is more than kind and gracious. They mock him. They laugh at God. They tempt God. They think God doesn't exist simply because he hasn't brought judgment to them, yet. Well, what they don't understand is judgment never comes right away. But, when it does, they'll know that they have reaped what they sowed. God is NOT mocked.

That's actually extremely relevant to how I feel about Intelligence.

I think i might understand what your saying in terms of spiritual warfare.
Because it's my logic, thats either a gift from God, or a gift from satan to force me to rationalize and shove God out of my life because it's my rationale that challenges God.

At the time, my rationale could be a Gift from God, to try and help me come to grips with the idea that not everything can be understood. some things just have to be believed in. It's easy for someone who doesn't think to accept what someone says is right or wrong, but i think faith comes in, when you are forced to think, and still choose to believe in something that you can't comprehend.

at the same time, am i selfish and conceited to think that I am worthy of a gift from God?
Or is that feeling of possibly being selfish and conceited, a trick of the devil to make me feel guilty and distract me from God's grace, and his example(s) of love to me.

Old 03-26-06, 09:00 AM   #6
Tha Q.
OYD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoth
That's actually extremely relevant to how I feel about Intelligence.

I think i might understand what your saying in terms of spiritual warfare.
Because it's my logic, thats either a gift from God, or a gift from satan to force me to rationalize and shove God out of my life because it's my rationale that challenges God.

At the time, my rationale could be a Gift from God, to try and help me come to grips with the idea that not everything can be understood. some things just have to be believed in. It's easy for someone who doesn't think to accept what someone says is right or wrong, but i think faith comes in, when you are forced to think, and still choose to believe in something that you can't comprehend.

at the same time, am i selfish and conceited to think that I am worthy of a gift from God?
Or is that feeling of possibly being selfish and conceited, a trick of the devil to make me feel guilty and distract me from God's grace, and his example(s) of love to me.

Absolutely not...The bible says we are "fearfully" and "wonderfully" made. There are a few people on this site who actually think that everything they hold as "true" is quantifiable. That's ridiculous. Anything we "believe" or "hold as true" is an exercise in faith, to an extent. Prove to me that Alexander the great conquered mesopotamia. Prove to me that dinosaurs roamed the earth. At some point, what we believe is simply the acceptance of facts based on the preponderance of information, or evidence, presented. Therefore, when someone uses the bible to refute the bible, that's a paradoxical error that can't be overcome. For example, Apexx has said that belief doesn't make sense unless you can prove it. That's contradictory of the definition of belief. Then, in earlier threads from January, he made it known that he didn't believe in God. So, to show you now satan works, let me illustrate what he did just recently. He dug up scriptures that condemned homosexuality in an attempt to judge me. Sure, he'll say it was to prove a point on a different topic, but that's bogus. If he doesn't believe the bible enough to believe in God, then why quote scripture that holds no power? I'll tell you why. Satan is a liar. Satan did the same thing to Jesus as he prepared to begin his ministry. Satan knows the scriptures inside and out. Therefore, he was able to mix lies with truth = his specialty. He will play on your insecurities and fears, then, mix in the truth to bring you to your knees. It's actually pretty clever.
Here's an example:

The bible says God loves us and died for us. The bible also says when you delight yourself in the Lord, He'll give you the desires of your heart.

So, let's say a man loses his job and begins to waiver in his faith. Satan sees that, knows the scripture, and will come to break his spirit apart.

Here's what Satan says:

"Look at you. You don't have a job" = TRUTH

Remember, he then mixes lies with truth.

He then says:

"God has cursed you to be broke because you've done wrong." = LIES

So, what happens is, we obsess over that and being to agree with it in our MINDS. That is one example of spiritual warfare. It's a war of the mind.

There's more. But, I'm hungry and want some french toast.
Old 03-26-06, 09:15 AM   #7
In-Vision
Out-Spoken

Yeah, I read the book of job....and pretty much learned that consequence is not punishment or reward from God...and suffering is not related to disobediance, as rewards are not related to obediance.
and I def agree with what you're saying about belief.
Everything is speculation in the world, unless you've experienced it. There is no proof of anything accept for what we know from experience. There is no more proof in the videos that someone has walked on the moon....than there is that God exists through the writings of the bible.
In reality, you could successfuly argue that there is more proof that God exists than there is that man walked on the moon. and even past that, proof itself doesn't really exist. Proof IS what we experience and thats all. Everything else is just regurgitated information that we accept as fact, or fiction.

so what you're saying makes sense to me. and is good to hear someone who has the same beliefs on some things.

By the way, if it is any consollation....I don't believe homosexuality is something God will condemn you for. I believe if you were to be condemned for anything, it would be to assume that you have no way out of hell, because of something you can't help.

I don't know if people are born gay, or if they make a decision to be gay. Either way, if a decision is made, there is reason behind it that can't be argued with.
I think what people who shit differently need to ask is, if it was taboo to be straight, instead of gay....what would they do? Is there attraction to the opposite sex strong enough, to do whats "wrong" as a society, and as some people claim..religiously? I think the majority of the answers would be yes............but than they would turn around and say you're wrong for being gay, when yet they would admit to being straight when straight was just as wrong as gay is considered now.

Old 03-26-06, 09:39 AM   #8
Tha Q.
OYD

^^Well, the thing is this...There are LOTS OF THINGS that are "natural" that aren't morally right. For example, a man's desire to be with more than one female is "natural", but God clearly condemns fornication in the bible. So, saying God will send a homosexual to hell for being gay is the same as saying God will send a fornicator to hell for fornicating. We all have struggles. The problem with people and homosexuality is, they are struggling with their own ignorances, biases, and insecurities because of the LIES they've been taught. Again, satan is very clever. Not only is his job to confuse and to stir up dissention, but his job is also to kill, steal, and destroy. If he can convince people they are self-justified, then they no longer have any obligation to give God praise/credit. That's exactly what he's done with people who think they're better than "homosexuals." Satan has convinced them that lying, fornicating, adultery, pride, and every other sin are somehow BETTER than homosexuality. Notice how you never hear preachers stand up and say, "YOU FORNICATING HETEROSEXUALS ARE GOING TO HELL." However, the same bible he's using to condemn what he loathes says God hates liars and people who are full of pride. There isn't a huge emphasis on homosexuality in the bible. The few scriptures that mention it, mention it and it's done. Jesus spends more time talking about hypocrites and how they'll have to answer to God for doing exactly what homophobes do, divide the people of God.

It will not go unpunished. People who think they are "better" than someone else and are somehow more deserving of God's salvation are IGNORANT of the scriptures. Ephesians chapter 2 clearly states that "salvation is not of works, lest any man boast." That means God saves whom he wants to, when he wants to. We don't do anything to deserve it because EVERYMAN, EVERYMAN is a sinner and falls short of his glory.