RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-06, 05:06 PM   #1
dembeatsarebig
New to RV

Heard of Ak'Sent

IP: 5069 5D7A

http://www.myspace.com/Aksent

Sometime this year we will have the chance to work with this upcoming rap artist. We also had the chance to interview her.

First of all, how has life been in the spotlight?

Life is good...just workin hard. Just did a 45 city radio promo tour and also did a week of promo in Japan. Also about to finish my album for late fall release.

What was it like working with the likes of Beenie Man?
I didnt get to actually work with him because of scheduling. My manager took the track down to Jamaica and Beenie loved it and got on.

How did Capitol first discover your talent?
My managment was shopping a deal for me with all the labels and Capitol stepped up very quickly after they saw me perform at an LA showcase. The president of the label signed me in 48 hours. It was crazy!!

How old were you when you first started spitting rhymes?
I was around 15.

What inspired you to rap?
My father was an aspiring rapper and I used to listen to him when I was a child. Unfortunately he was killed by gang violence when I was around 4 years old. His work inspired me to do this.

Who are your inspirations in the music business, like who do you look up to as an artist?
Well my father of course as I mentioned. Also Jay Z because of his artistry and business sense. Also Queen Latifah doin it big from records to movies...

Do you feel Hip-Hop is dieing out?
Not a chance...its currently mainstream popular music right now....look at all the pop stations playing it...commercials etc...hip hop artist should be proud that our music is influencing mainstream pop culture. It's just evolving like all music does. It goes thru different changes

Do you sense that youre in competition with any other femcees that are in the same genre?
No because I respect the fact that any female is in the game because with the industry being such a male dominated industry we all need to stick together to let the fellas know we can do out thing too.

Have you previously done projects prior to your current album?
Yes I was in a few groups before I did this solo thing...i was kinda the Left Eye of my groups

Aight, so you the next generation of future femcee, how do you take this?
I feel blessed that I'm in this business everyday. I know I gotta rep for my girls out here so Ima do my best.

What advice would you give to young people coming up, trynna cop a deal?
Just gotta get with some good solid producers and find a manager that knows the business...also get with your ASCAP or BMI people for networking and showcases and make sure you get a good lawyer!!!

Who would you like to work with in the future as your career develops?
Well u know...Jay Z, Beyonce, KIm....

What does it feel like to see yourself on T.V being described as the fresh new female MC, do you feel that you have a lot of responsibilities?
I just look as it as an opportunity to be a role model for a lot of young girls out here who really are too young to relate to the lyrical content of many older mcs. No disrespect intended to those mcs but I think its just a natural cycle that occurs in life where new young people come up.

Any shoutouts you wanna give?
yea to my family for believing in what I was always tryn to do and to my management at Genuine Music Group for opening that door.

Any thing that you wanna add?
Just believe in yourself and your dreams...don't let anybody stand in the way of that...you can do whatever you set your mind to.

Aight, good luck with everything and I hope to see you prosper well.
Old 08-04-06, 08:52 PM   #2
JaneDoe
the girl people love to hate

IP: 16BB 10FF

she got a single out. i dont like it. but at least she gettin exposure.... while im stuck at home doin shit

i dont make the list. dont get mad at me.
i just make the hits like a factory

-Jay-Z

like The Gooch Disappear...vamoose...you're wack to me
take them rhymes back to the factory

-Notorious B.I.G
Send a message via AIM to JaneDoe Send a message via Yahoo to JaneDoe   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-06, 05:07 AM   #3
dembeatsarebig
New to RV

IP: EEB9 AD81

Zingy is the single. featuring Beenie Man