RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Lyricist Battle League > LBL History & Hall of Fame > Interviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-06, 08:02 AM   #1
KempoMRK
The Saviour

Interview with Mimesis

IP: DD7B 9A68

KempoMRK: Hey Mimesis, how's things going?

Mimesis: hey, sup. its all good and stuff.

KempoMRK: Cooly. Let's get down to it, no homo. You're in the champ battle to become THE FIRST EVER LBL CHAMPION. Yet before I talk about that, I must ask what is your view on how the league has been going so far?

Mimesis: the leagues been good. its run nicely, battles up on time. . dope mags and shit. the numbers are growing every week. . its going nicely.

KempoMRK: So as I said you're in the champ match. What did you think about your run of battles to the champ match?

Mimesis: its been straight. i battled Chris Stylez first, that turned out to be a pretty easy win. then i battled Daubs who just keeps getting better. hes pretty good and then i battled spul who beat me in '04 and champed the latest tournament. they were all good wins for me.

KempoMRK: Favourite battle of the 3?

Mimesis: spul, easily. dude beat me before, champed the last tournament on the site. i needed to win that.

KempoMRK: Nice. What do you think of your chances against Jay Cee? And what is your opinion on him as a battler?

Mimesis: i think i have as good of a chance as anybody. i have nothing but respect for him as a battler. . ive seen him on other sites, dudes dope.

KempoMRK: Is there anyone you admire or look up to in battling? On RV or other sites.

Mimesis: i dont admire anybody. that just sounds gay to me. i dont really look up to too many people either. i just have a lot of people who i have respect for.

KempoMRK: Name some.

Mimesis: hensley, allah, resin, mets, user, fracture, classick. . etc. etc.

KempoMRK: You were Daedal in the RBL league over at Rapmusic. Firstly, why the name change?

Mimesis: haha. i was Daedal at every site but rapverse. i just got sick of the name. i thought Mimesis sounded better, looked better. . just seemed to be a better name for me.

KempoMRK: Ah I see. You got to the champ match or contender match I remember, tell us what one of those it was lol and how the battle went.

Mimesis: i made it to the Contendership match. . and that shit pissed me off SO bad. because like, that week my computer crashed. i was up against nique and i couldnt even get on to post a verse. i had it all done and if i had posted i think i would have won, but i couldnt even get on. that shit annoyed the hell out of me.

KempoMRK: Haha, harsh. How come you've stayed around RV mainly, as there are bigger sites yet you seem to claim RV as your home and the place you mainly go.

Mimesis: i dont really claim RV as my home. . i just chill around there more then other sites mainly because i think the people are cooler. shits more laid back and i just like the overall environment more.

KempoMRK: Let's get into more general history shit. Favourite battle?

Mimesis: i dont remember a lot of them, but id probably say when i battled hensley. even though i lost it made me want to get better and he was the dude who told me about a lot of other sites where i could battle at.

KempoMRK: When was this and at what site?

Mimesis: it was in either late 2004 or early 2005. . and it was at a site that died by mid '05.

KempoMRK: Was that your favourite verse as well?

Mimesis: no way. my verse wasn't very good at all. i dont really have a favorite verse. i like some of my lines from almost every battle i take part in.

KempoMRK: Now on to KORV3. I won't even ask a question about it, just say whatever you want as I guess you will have something to say.

Mimesis: i thought it was bullshit that i lost. i posted the better verse, no doubt in my mind.
KempoMRK: What made you go like 88 lines against JTR lol
Mimesis: i had a lot of personals on him. . i was getting concept ideas like crazy.

KempoMRK: Did you vote in the SPuL vs JTR final?

Mimesis: yeah, but they didn't count it.

KempoMRK: Why not?

Mimesis: because i did, and still do, feel like i won. jtr was on some bullshit, i called him on it. spul said we were beefing and didnt count it.

KempoMRK: When did you start becoming prominent on RV?

Mimesis: Uhh. . I'd have to say that in 2004 when my record got up to around 20-0 (when I had it showing) people started taking notice of me and realized I was an above average battler.

KempoMRK: What caused you to improve as a battler? Did you get help from someone, write a lot or was it just naturally?
Mimesis: Nah, I never asked for help from anybody. I've never asked people if they've liked concepts before I've posted them either. I'm just a competitive person; I hate to lose. That made me want to get better. My elevation was made through experience.

KempoMRK: What tips would you give to newbies looking to improve?

Mimesis: Don't stop. Everybody takes losses when they first start, but (for me at least) experience is everything. You have to keep battling and reading battles and start to figure out what types of shit people like to read and what works in comparison to what doesn't.

KempoMRK: What were you like when you started battling?

Mimesis: Haha, in 2003 I was on RB and I was on that gangsta tip in every post, every verse, every punch. Lmao. I sucked pretty bad.

KempoMRK: What's your favourite site to battle at?

Mimesis: I don't really have a favorite site. . I like battling at RV and I've just gotten back into battling at RB. I'm in LLL and I seem to be gaining some props over there. I like battling at every site with competition though.

KempoMRK: Worst site?

Mimesis: I wouldn't battle at a site that I didn't like. .

KempoMRK: Any aliases that you've had apart from Daedal?

Mimesis: I've made a few "mock aliases" to just mess around with in LL, but other then that. . nope.

KempoMRK: What achievements have you won in battling?

Mimesis: I've won a few tournaments and did pretty good in some leagues as well. My favorite tournament win would have to be in 2004 when I was at this site that was like. . a fan site for DJ Whoo Kid, that was ran by DJ Whoo Kid. He had a section for text battling, and they had a 64 man tournament. I won and so in turn, DJ Whoo Kid sent me one of his mixtapes in the mail for free. I enjoyed that a lot.

KempoMRK: Do you do audio?

Mimesis: Haha, yeah I do sometimes. I usually just mess around with my cousin on some stuff, but I've also battled before. In the tracks where I've tried, I've won.

KempoMRK: Do you do topicals?

Mimesis: I actually started out doing topicals in 2003. . but now I haven't tried in one since like, 2004.

KempoMRK: Let's do some word association:

KempoMRK: JTR

Mimesis: He's a pretty cool dude. . but I still know that I beat him.

KempoMRK: SPuL

Mimesis: He's chill as hell. . most respected dude when I joined here and he's still respected now. His audios are pretty good too.

KempoMRK: Mimesis

Mimesis: Lmao. . Uhh, I think I'm cool. If you don't, shut the fuck up.

KempoMRK: Nick Fletcher

Mimesis: He's chill most of the time, I just think he takes some things to seriously.

KempoMRK: Appocolyptik

Mimesis: I used to beef a lot with this guy, but we've dropped it and now we're pretty cool. The last verse I read from him was pretty nice.

KempoMRK: 9th Degree

Mimesis: He's funny as hell, and we were partners in the last tag team tournament (which we ended up winning). I don't team up with people who suck.

KempoMRK: R-Rated

Mimesis: He was considered a veteran in 2004, but I always thought he was a little overrated. I'm interested in how he'll do this week. I do think his track on the first RV Mixtape was the best one though. No joke.

KempoMRK: Aight, cool interview man, peace.

Mimesis: peace.
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote