RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Lyricist Battle League > LBL History & Hall of Fame > Interviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-06, 08:04 AM   #1
KempoMRK
The Saviour

Interview with Chrit

IP: DD7B 9A68

KempoMRK: Yo Chrit, how's thaaangs?

Chrit: Not bad... enjoying a nice day... sitting out on my deck.

KempoMRK: Cool cool. So, give us a bit of history and insight about yourself to the people who may not know

Chrit: Well... I started on the net back in 2000. Yeah... I sucked balls and was tossed around in the first season of the PBA... took some time off and went to RB... Became one of the best ever on RB... made some runs in RBL, and won some cash with random tourneys across then net. Anyone well versed has probably read a verse or two of mine at some point.

KempoMRK: PBA = UrbanProwlers yeah?

Chrit: yep. I was a different alias then... and no, I wont tell you what it was

KempoMRK: lol. That bad aye?

Chrit: lets just say I wasnt good

KempoMRK: We all start off that way though. How did you start battling?

Chrit: Boredom. I had done some battles at clubs and such and was a web designer anyhow. Just stumbled across this text thing one day and have done it since.

KempoMRK: How long did it take you before you became nice?

Chrit: Wasnt until sometime in '03. Shortly after starting in the RBBL (now LLL). Had just come off a few losses by the greats of that time (OnE, Mind Theory, UnEmceeAble)

KempoMRK: Tell us some stories or shit from those times lol. Like how did you do in the league?

Chrit: I started off like 0-3. Then I went on a run.... beat some decent heads at that time. Ended up with the LW title. Shortly after I left the net for awhile... Came back and did the same thing...got in RB's league... got the LW title. In fact, I was never beaten for that title. I'm the only one in RB history to never have been beaten for the LLL LW and HW titles.

KempoMRK: Good shit. How about more recently? I know you're in the LLL now, or at least when I last checked, have you been in it for the past couple of seasons when it was won by M~M, Mr W Rite etc? If so what was it like and how did you do.

Chrit: Yep. I've done decently. Beat some good heads. Never did much in the playoffs. I usually end up not showing or some other random bullshit. I'm 4-0 this season so far... who knows, maybe I'll take this season. Interesting fact about M~M... we've battled 3 times. I've never lost. I'm one of the few heads, possibly the only one to be able to claim that.

KempoMRK: Cool. As you're in the LLL especially, what made you join the LBL?

Chrit: Someone said something about RV. I decided to go just check things out. It just so happens I'm on one of those streaks of just wanting to write so I looked at the league, saw some decent competition. Also saw some decent mags being posted. I'm an arrogant dude, so I see good mags and good competition so of course I'll join for a bit. We'll just see how the voters here like my style.

KempoMRK: Do you think your style is at all different as such to what RV people like?

Chrit: I'm not sure as of yet. Im guessing slightly, all sites differ a bit. Judging by some of the verses, I have a different style. I'm still seeing alot of overdone wordplay getting props here. But that will all change with time.

KempoMRK: I dunno, I think it's the same sorta thing at RB. Like I saw a amnesia bar get props a couple of weeks ago. It just, as you said, differs. Who do you think will be able to challenge you in the LBL?

Chrit: Mim is decent. I've seen him around RB and a bit in the RBL... Other than that... from what I hear... that JTR kid... maybe that So.Rell kid??? I dont really know any of these heads other than Mim so its hard to say. I wouldnt be suprised to catch a loss to one of those kids I havent heard though however. I come with a hugely personal style so I'm at a bit of a disadvantage knowing nothing about these kids.

KempoMRK: Kids lol. You're like the Dad of this league haha. Do you see yourself champing this league and if so how soon

Chrit: If Mim is still there in a few weeks, I see taking it then. I'm predicting a 30 lines pic battle. Pry one of the best RV has ever seen. I'll take it 10-6.

KempoMRK: Sounds good. You checked out your opponent, Tech Skillz, this week? If so what do you think of him?

Chrit: I have no clue... I just found a pic thread of him. Already dropped a verse. He may as well no-show.

KempoMRK: Yeah, it seems like he will do. Let's go into a bit more history shit. What's your fave battle you've had?

Chrit: hmm... vs KaZe on RB... its in RB legends... battling was getting stale at the time and we dropped a 30 liner that got everyone talking. Also another 30 vs Avalon for the LLL Title... battle filled with personals... and the recent 50 vs Quo... again... very personal stuff. Oh yeah, I won all 3.

KempoMRK: Nice. What other sites do you visit except RB and RV and have you done anything of note there if so?

Chrit: RM... I'm in the RBL right now... never did much there however... I usually go about 4-0 or 5-0 then forget to show up. Something about that site makes it too easy to no-show. RTM was the shit... I was walking through the SAG tourney before it went down for good. RnR was nice... I made some noise in leagues there. 411 wasnt bad... beat a few good heads there.

KempoMRK: What's RTM?

Chrit: ripthemic.org

KempoMRK: Who else went there?

Chrit: pretty much everyone... the RTM invitation tourney was always a huge deal... they invited the top 64 heads on the net... seing guys like Num, User, Fracture, Aloe, Metasin, Metheus (RIP), Resin, Gal-V, Balth, etc.... its was insane...

KempoMRK: Wow, I'd heard of the site but didn't know it was that big a deal. Did you ever battle any of the people you mentioned?

Chrit: I got killed by Fracture. Metasin destroyed me. I beat Num once. Beat Resin once (he recycled to all hell) Hopefully I get a shot at User in the RBL in a few weeks. He is dropping fire right now. I guess when you are overweight and ugly you have alot of free time to think of nice ass punches.

KempoMRK: lmao. who you got this week in the RBL?

Chrit: Grand Champ... or something like that. He dropped very average last week. Too bad I dont know shit about him. I'll just have to drop 10-16 of generic shit.

KempoMRK: How'd personals come about to be your steez as such

Chrit: Once you are around long enough you see that almost every generic punch has been used. That, and I've battled in real life... generic shit gets you boo'd. Personals are the hardest hitting and most effective. Thats why I ty for pic battles every week... it keeps text fresh.

KempoMRK: Yeah I get ya. I guess 6 years of experience leaves you knowing most things lol. Haven't you grown bored of text at any point?

Chrit: Definately. That why I take little breaks here and there. I left for a full season of LLL at one point. It just gets stale sometimes.... those are the times I just get an extra workout in per day to kill some time.

KempoMRK: An extra workout?

Chrit: Word... I fight MMA... so I'd just hit the gym for an extra hour or so instead of being online fucking around. I'm one of those people that always needs to be doing something.

KempoMRK: Ah nice. You any good at it

Chrit: 17-0... Fighting Travis Fulton sometime this summer or fall. He is 165-40 or some shit. Has been in the UFC, King of the Cage, fought in Japan, etc. Should be a helluva test.

KempoMRK: Sounds like you're good at it. Do you do audio at all?

Chrit: Not really. I have before. I still have decent equipment as well. Its just not worth it though. I'm a white guy from Iowa who lives in the suburbs with a job that pays well. How marketable is that?

KempoMRK: Hm, I dunno. Anyway, that's about all I have left to ask. Anything else you wanna say, go ahead

Chrit: Good luck to anyone having to face me. You'll need. it. Anyone who doesnt have a pic... get one. As far as battling goes... let go of tired wordplay!!! pz. –dotGod

KempoMRK: Peace man, good interview.
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote