RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Lyricist Battle League > LBL History & Hall of Fame > Interviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-06, 08:11 AM   #1
KempoMRK
The Saviour

Interview with Rush Lingo

IP: DD7B 9A68

KempoMRK: Yooooo. How's things?

Rush Lingo: errything cool dawg, chillin, you?

KempoMRK: Jeaah I'm good thanks. So, give us a background on yourself. Tell everything lol, as you have a fucking interesting history.

Rush Lingo: well for one i'm 15 bout ta turn 16 soon. other than that i rap on the internet for a hobby, heh, i got a baby girl, 3 months old. anything else ask.

KempoMRK: Cool. You street rap, tell us about that.

Rush Lingo: street rap is what i like to call real rap. niggas get on here and shit and they wana say they an artist, but dont take it to the streets. it started in the streets.. so yeah. i battle on the streets and shit, sadly internet netcees dont understand that you can still be dope with lines used outside a website.

KempoMRK: How do ya find battles and stuff?

Rush Lingo: depends on the area.. i'm from detroit so i dont even got to explain myself there. the area im at now has contests and shit all the time. plus.. the southside area of town always has battles from time to time

KempoMRK: What you like at it?

Rush Lingo: who? me? haha, i'm ill as a street artist and freestyle battlist.

Rush Lingo: not to sound cocky. i'm just confident in myself.

KempoMRK: lol nice. How long you been rapping?

Rush Lingo: i picked up the habit when i turned 10.. took it to the net at 12, left, came back, left, came back.

KempoMRK: 10? Damn. How did it come about?

Rush Lingo: shit.. it was my tenth birthday and my uncle was in and outta jail. he still is, but yea, he told me to try and pick up a hobby

KempoMRK: Why'd ya pick rapping?

Rush Lingo: got me through rough times.

KempoMRK: Yeah but did you listen to rap a lot? Was it something you enjoyed singing a long to and thought you could do yourself?

KempoMRK: And rough times? I know you've had a bad life generally, but not in specifics. If you wanna say anything about that, go ahead.

Rush Lingo: well.

Rush Lingo: i enjoyed listenign to Eminem and Royce which were a influence.. negatively or positively, doesnt matter, they helped me do what i do. as far as rough times..

Rush Lingo: my pops wont in my life, still aint, and i come from a poor family. i rememebr i got put out the house at age 11, and all i had was a thumb ya digg. i got outta dodge and shit.,. and a lady took me in and she had a daughter which i hung out with for about a year. then i came back home.. and got with my baby moms

Rush Lingo: we aint ever have the things we NEEDED. like money, clothes, food, etc.. but i get it how i live so i hustle when i need to

KempoMRK: Damn. What's ya situation like at the moment

Rush Lingo: i got a kid, i go to school, i hustle, i ghostwrite, sell lyrics. taking care of my kdi is first priority right now.

Rush Lingo: later for myself.

KempoMRK: Ghostwrite and sell lyrics? Tell us about that.

Rush Lingo: i sell lyrics to people across the net for chump change. i sell lyrics and ghostwrite songs for local acts.

Rush Lingo: ive also ghostwrote for niggas on the net.. but that aint nothin i really brag about.

KempoMRK: You don't sell your stuff for much?

Rush Lingo: 5 bucks a song.

Rush Lingo: ^ on the net.

Rush Lingo: real life.. whatever i can get.

KempoMRK: What do you usually get in real life? And who have you sold to on the net? Anyone we'd know?

Rush Lingo: i told dudes i wouldnt snitch on who i sell for, because we got a deal and i still do it sometime.

Rush Lingo: some people RB would know.

Rush Lingo: i usually get 50 a song in real life.

KempoMRK: Can you name any artists that you sell to? Or can't ya snitch like on the net?

Rush Lingo: artists in real life you mean?

KempoMRK: Yeah

Rush Lingo: no one you guys would know.. no one with an actual MAJOR deal. just niggas from school or niggas that need a battle verse to memorize and i'll give em one, and they'll give me half profit.

Rush Lingo: that is, if theres a bet

KempoMRK: Ah I see. Cool. What state do you live in now?

Rush Lingo: Virginia

KempoMRK: How's it compare to Detroit?

Rush Lingo: Detroits on an entire different level

KempoMRK: In what way?

Rush Lingo: Detroit has a realer vibe. its just something about it. probably the fact that music is so strong and hiphop's alive there. Virginia is different only because it's Virginia.

Rush Lingo: maybe its just that theres no place like home.

KempoMRK: Aye, yeah. Let's get on to net stuff now. When did you first start using the net and going on rap forums?

Rush Lingo: well i found interest in browsing when i was 12

Rush Lingo: by the time i was 13 i was officially registered

KempoMRK: What site did you start on? And under what username?

Rush Lingo: haha, i saw it comin

Rush Lingo: RB, Expo.

Rush Lingo: or BKS. take your pick.

KempoMRK: BKS?

Rush Lingo: Best Kept Secret, its a user name.

KempoMRK: Ah I see, I thought you meant a site.

KempoMRK: Tell us about shit that happened when you were Expo

Rush Lingo: i ghostwrote for a few members.. at one time i was accused of biting, the second time i was accused, i took a concept from Feeble Minded and attempted rewording it but was unsuccesful.

Rush Lingo: - banned.

KempoMRK: Harsh. Who'd you ghostwrite for?

Rush Lingo: Lay Doubt, Ambience.

Rush Lingo: and a million newbs

KempoMRK: lol. How'd the ghostwriting come about? Did you just talk to these dudes regularly and they asked you for lines?

Rush Lingo: me and Lay had a deal in some way. we were boys, we cyphered.

Rush Lingo: but one day we just started showing lines and i said, " aye Lay, ever seen this concept? (Bitch-Maid)

Rush Lingo: hes like nah.. i said word, put it into a bar, and hes like thas sick. i said u want it? hes like sure, and used it in a battle with Metres

KempoMRK: Nice. Then it just went from there? Did you ghostwrite often for him?

Rush Lingo: yeah, a few more battles.. not them all cause at the time i was still writing a lil bit

KempoMRK: What about with Ambience, how'd that come about?

Rush Lingo: oh i wrote everything for him, haha

KempoMRK: When was this?

Rush Lingo: around like.. late 03 - 04 and a little in the beginning of 05

KempoMRK: Did he just ask you to write for him? Or did you offer or what?

Rush Lingo: he asked after a while.

Rush Lingo: and Sylentz, i wrote for him too.. same applies

Rush Lingo: NOTE - i don't mind putting this information out because i dont really care anymore, this net shits merely a hobby now.

KempoMRK: So what did you achieve on RB for yourself lol. And just out of curiosity, did the people you ghostwrote win anything with your lines?

Rush Lingo: Lay champed i think.. if he didnt he got a lotta attempts. Sylentz made Gauntlet Semis, Ambience made Gauntlet Finals, in a three way with Lay, and Quote.. thats when all hell broke loose

Rush Lingo: Lay stopped giving me credit so i set him up and just decided tolet everyone know in an AIM convo. which i gave to Quote. and he used it in the battle. me, and a dude named Daz wrote Ambience's verse.. Lay used lines i gave him in an AIM convo

Rush Lingo: Quote ended up winning.

Rush Lingo: so i kinda played the middle of all three

KempoMRK: So the whole battle revolved around you lmao, without you even being in it, niice lol. You did pretty well in some leagues on RB if I remember rightly, tell us about that.

Rush Lingo: 1-2 punchline finals multiple times. in which i went to the finals in the play offs.. and i got cheated both times out of the money.

Rush Lingo: in the league, i was middle weight champ and light weight champ i think.. maybe just one of them but i beat Spitacular and Mic Booth in that match, it was a 3-Way

Rush Lingo: i made the Heavyweight championship but i wasn't able to post to the best of my ability cause i was rushed. Quote beat me though.

KempoMRK: Nice, what league was this in?

Rush Lingo: RapBattles.com League

Rush Lingo: dont know the abbreviations and shit

KempoMRK: lol. A full verse league ya? Not punchline?

Rush Lingo: i was in both.

Rush Lingo: both was on RB

KempoMRK: Word, but the battle where you lost to Quote, that was full verse yeah?

Rush Lingo: yeah. 14 lines if i can remember

KempoMRK: Cool. What other sites you been to?

Rush Lingo: bboys.

Rush Lingo: eh.. scratch that.

Rush Lingo: the rest is history.

KempoMRK: nahhhh nahhh

KempoMRK: Tell us a bit about your time on B-Boys

Rush Lingo: haha

Rush Lingo: i was Sound on bboys.

Rush Lingo: 7-2 rec. i think.

Rush Lingo: Contendors Match at On The Line with Mufffy.

Rush Lingo: he took it with one vote.

Rush Lingo: started getting noticed, was part of MTS

Rush Lingo: last battle - with mundicide, they accused me of biting when obviously it wasnt but what happened happened. i didnt get banned. i stopped posting.

Rush Lingo: but besides RV, as of like.. November or December, me and KempoMRK hold the tag championships at RW, but the sites down and shit

KempoMRK: lmaooo. You coulda just said me and you. But word. And did you ever alias B-Boys or anything?

Rush Lingo: nah.. i wont fuckin with it.. but i'm cool with some bboys niggas though, Dye, Resun, you, yung impression, and a few other niggas.

Rush Lingo: not Resin, Resun.

Rush Lingo: oh and Mike

KempoMRK: Yeah, who is Resun? I've seen his name around a lot, but he's like a MYTH

Rush Lingo: Resun is Young Reek

Rush Lingo: he from Harlem.. thats my brother right there

Rush Lingo: he was in the bboys league but he street raps, sorta like what i do, hes just serious with his.. last i knew he was doin audio for a minor label in harlem

KempoMRK: Cool stuff. You had a little period in text where you were dropping crazy whack, and I thought you'd fallen off. But you seem to have really regained your skill as such now, how'd that happen and why'd it happen in the first place?

Rush Lingo: i tried changing my style for the site. but i realized why should i do that? when i can MAKE them like me. feel me?

Rush Lingo: i still aint where i used to be..i reached my peak around last yr sometime

KempoMRK: Do you think you can get back there?

Rush Lingo: i can do it with help. but if i'ma be me, i wanna do it independent, ya digg? so nah.. ion'no. i really dont have time for it cause i spend a lotta time with my kid

Rush Lingo: i got her this weekend.

Rush Lingo: shes sleeping now.

KempoMRK: Yeah. How come you've never done audio?

Rush Lingo: dont got equipment.

Rush Lingo: seems like a hassle from over the net but i hope to be makin it work soon

KempoMRK: Cool cool. Let's get on to the LBL. What are your impressions of it as a whole?

Rush Lingo: LBL?

Rush Lingo: you mean RV's league?

KempoMRK: Yes lol

Rush Lingo: i mean it's aiight. its got madd people in it right now. if everyone showed good then it could be better

KempoMRK: How have your battles etc been? And what's been your favourite?

Rush Lingo: i dont got one.

Rush Lingo: but my battles have been aiight i suppose

KempoMRK: Cool. Who are you feeling in the league at the moment?

Rush Lingo: i give props to Hens because of who he is

Rush Lingo: Butlers hot, so yeah, of course Butler

KempoMRK: What about people not in the league?

Rush Lingo: i like mufffy too.. hes always had a style that appealed to me, i heard he signed in so we'll see. shakes raw. not in the league? don't really care.. my boy Darth Assasin is crazy with writing. Namix'll always be a a txt god. so will resin, fract, and a few others not on my mind right now

Rush Lingo: props to everyone who does what they do though

KempoMRK: Let's do some word association.

KempoMRK: Mimesis

Rush Lingo: Daedal from RB.. came a long way, dope kid.

KempoMRK: Chrit

Rush Lingo: we cool. he do his thing, cool style, brings fire when he aint lazy. champ, what more to say?

KempoMRK: John Hensley

Rush Lingo: right about now he got to be one of the fathers of comin up with concepts week after week. brings flames.

KempoMRK: The best at text

Rush Lingo: wow. lol

Rush Lingo: Fracture

KempoMRK: Resin M-I-C

Rush Lingo: hothead.

KempoMRK: Yung Impression

Rush Lingo: potential to be Resin

KempoMRK: Mercules

Rush Lingo: dude came a LOOONG way. pretty good.

KempoMRK: Lay Doubt

Rush Lingo: bitch.

KempoMRK: And lastly, Rush Lingo

Rush Lingo: a nobody.

Rush Lingo: sike nah

Rush Lingo: on the verge of quitting txt

KempoMRK: Why?

Rush Lingo: theres a point and time in everyone MC's txt career when they realize they can't hang or keep up. its like a pitbull racing a baby spaniel.

KempoMRK: Nicely put. Anyway, that's all I've got left. Dope interview man. Finish this with a little outro.

Rush Lingo: well.

Rush Lingo: everyone keep doing what they do every week and keep the league alive.

love live life. one.

KempoMRK: Peace.
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote