RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Lyricist Battle League > LBL History & Hall of Fame > Interviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-06, 08:16 AM   #1
KempoMRK
The Saviour

Interview with N.Tavarez

IP: DD7B 9A68

KempoMRK: Hey yo Tavarez, how ya doing?

N.Tavarez: im chilling here tryna figure out what im doing for the 4th

KempoMRK: Cool. Give us a history on yourself, battling, anything. Just give us a history on yaself.

N.Tavarez: i started TEXT july 04, was doing freestyle battles and just regular battling in NYC, moved and when i did the area wasnt so big on rap battling, so i stumbled on Rapverse, but i been rhyming in general for years now, at least since 96'
KempoMRK: 96? Damn. How old are ya

N.Tavarez: im pretty young foo, but like i said living in NYC on every corner theres a battle, literally you can go outside and cypher with like 20 heads, my ten year ol nephew just started rhyming so go figure

KempoMRK: So ya did proper battling, do you do audio?

N.Tavarez: i been to studios, did some talent shows back in the day, but not now too much work, gotta pay bills

KempoMRK: Cool. So you started text at RV, how long did it take you to get good?

N.Tavarez: i always felt i was good, but TEXT good is different, it took me a while to get the hang of wordplays and internet personals, i always valued flow, and text is like the exact opposite of flow.......had no idea how played everyday concepts were til then which helps my writing now

KempoMRK: Yeah. What's your favourite battle that you've been in?

N.Tavarez: my favorite? would have to be versus mimesis a longgg time ago, it ended 5-4 in his favor, but that motivated me even more to improve and come back and prove myself

KempoMRK: Whaddya think of Mimesis?

N.Tavarez: i think mim got skills, pisses me off our last battle i wasnt focused and neither was he, we were both busy and half assed, but the day we both drop to our standards, that'll be a n RV classic

KempoMRK: Ah yeah, for the championship. Talking of championship, how did you find winning the title? Like the battles leading up to it etc

N.Tavarez: winning LBL title you mean?

KempoMRK: Yeah

N.Tavarez: well, it wasnt what i expected, i was happy to beat shakezula, which is up there with my favorite wins but, mimesis gave the title up, chrits wack ass took it and gave it up too, i want to stay champ, and have mimesis come up, battle him, if i win then, THEN it'll be worth something to me.........until then its just like the old titles i held on RV

KempoMRK: Old titles you held on RV?

N.Tavarez: KLL i was champ til it closed, PLL i been champ of too many times to care, multi league i was the only champ but thats not saying much, and 3rd place KORV three tourneys in a Row

KempoMRK: Multi league?

N.Tavarez: yeah, it didnt last, but i love multi's, which ties into flow, which is a lost art form in text

KempoMRK: Oh right I get ya. Never heard of that. Tell us about some of ya KORV experiences.

N.Tavarez: KORV i lost to socrates, but fuck what you heard i owned him there, just didnt have his D/R at the time, KORV 2 JTR beat me there but it couldve went either way, and KORV 3 Spul came back and beat me by a vote........so needless to say i feel i shouldve one at least one of those but fuck it, ill be in KORV 4

KempoMRK: Thats cool. You think you can finally win KORV?

N.Tavarez: i KNOW i can win, but sometimes its more of a popularity contest so its out your control.......

N.Tavarez: i like the competition though

KempoMRK: What are your thoughts on the LBL?

N.Tavarez: my honest thought?

N.Tavarez: okay

N.Tavarez: I re joined it to battle these so called site legends that everybody on RV was sucking to death, from what i can see the talent level is good, but the ego level is not justified, too many no shows from "future champions", too many people want no show wins in champ matches......and too many champs give the belt up once serious competition goes their way, i seriously hope butler shows cuz IF i do win.....i dont want it to be from a fucking no show you dig? the belt is only as good as the comp in the league

KempoMRK: I think its cos LBL aint a fully concreted league yet, give it a while and people will take it more seriously. Whats been your fave battle in the league so far?

N.Tavarez: has to be against shakezula, if not him then roger glocks, cuz that was my first taste at a site legend besides that bum jaycee you threw me against sometime ago

KempoMRK: Roger Glocks ain't a site legend btw. When did ya battle Jay Cee?

N.Tavarez: when you 1st opened the league

N.Tavarez: and site legend i meant shakes

KempoMRK: Ah I see. Did ya beat Jay Cee?

N.Tavarez: nope, i took the lose, just finished moving and started a new job, couldnt drop like i wanted but mimesis returned the favor to him the following week, i signed out, came back and now im here talking to you

KempoMRK: lol, word. Do you battle much at other sites? I've seen you at RapMusic lately, but other than that?

N.Tavarez: i WAS on rapbattles but i dont really like the environment on that site, did RM for a while but they falling off lately,PR doesnt seem to be as good as it once wasso RV seems to be where its at right now

KempoMRK: Bout time aye :-P Did you feel frustration over the amount of shitty leagues 'n stuff?

N.Tavarez: of course who wouldnt, but you gotta bring competition in order for there to be competition

KempoMRK: Yeah cool. Who do you think is the best of the new people who has come to RV?

N.Tavarez: new people on RV, i would have to say hensley, butler sometimes, erel is doing good, glocks keep coming up in ranks too, so there is alot, but will they stay here is the question

N.Tavarez: cant forget ace too

KempoMRK: Good shit, close this out.

N.Tavarez: umm, lets see, to all you text heads from different sites Rapverse is a good place to come hang out chat drop lyrics shit like that, but dont get too high off your own shit cuz theres always someone ready to knock you back down, to all you RV heads that been here a while, stop riding, take notes practice get better and represent.....if you dont give a fuck bout your site, no one else will, to my comp this week, lets make it good, stop reading this interview for personals and to the LBL league, represent, you dont like the way the league is headed, change it

KempoMRK: Nice way to close it out, good interview, peace man.
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote