RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Back Stage > Concluded Tournaments > Lyricist Battle League > LBL History & Hall of Fame > Interviews
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-06, 08:18 AM   #1
KempoMRK
The Saviour

Interview with DaTrusHurtz

IP: DD7B 9A68

Met-A-4: yo

DaTrusHurtz: sup man

Met-A-4: it's meta4

DaTrusHurtz: yea i figured

Met-A-4: coolz

DaTrusHurtz: i don't give my aim out to many niggaz from these sites

Met-A-4: word, i feel ya

Met-A-4: so, u ready for the interview?

DaTrusHurtz: otherwise lilsoldier0223 starts pming me

DaTrusHurtz: yeah sure

Met-A-4: rofl!

Met-A-4: true that.. fuck'n newb

DaTrusHurtz: yea it used to happen a lot

Met-A-4: really, well lets start there

Met-A-4: tell me about these im's you were gettin*

Met-A-4: and how they came about

DaTrusHurtz: well i used to list my aim in my profile, i figured what's the harm

Met-A-4: true

DaTrusHurtz: but then yea, all these newb dumbshits would im me for votes

Met-A-4: lmao! sucks

DaTrusHurtz: and sometimes it wasn't even for votes, sometimes they'd throw lines at me and be like "is this good"

DaTrusHurtz: they didn't grasp i just didn't give a fuck about them

Met-A-4: rofl, at least your honest

Met-A-4: and for all the newb's who read this interview, DON'T TRY TO IM DTH!

DaTrusHurtz: i like giving advice, but like, i don't like sketchy newbs comin' at me for it unless i tell them i'll help them

DaTrusHurtz: haha, thanks for the message

Met-A-4: n/p

Met-A-4: now, lets get down to the facts

Met-A-4: so, when did you start liking rap?

DaTrusHurtz: for sure

DaTrusHurtz: well, i was a late bloomer really, i'm 21 and i didn't really start listening to rap until i came to college

DaTrusHurtz: i'm gonna get personals for this, but...

Met-A-4: fuck it..

DaTrusHurtz: basically my freshmen year in college, i took this class where the professor put all these worms on our worksheets

Met-A-4: worms?

DaTrusHurtz: and i used to joke with my buds how they looked like dicks and the professor was a homo

Met-A-4: ooo.. lolz! ok

DaTrusHurtz: so i wrote a rap about it

Met-A-4: nice

DaTrusHurtz: it was terrible... lol, but people thought it was hilarious

Met-A-4: how'd the rap go? give us a sample

DaTrusHurtz: it had a chorus that was like "it was a big brown dick, it was a big brown dick, if you cut it in half, and threw it on roof, it'd still be a big brown dick, it'd be a big brown dick"

DaTrusHurtz: yea, some wack shit like that haha

Met-A-4: LMAO!

Met-A-4: nice shit man.. early work of a true poet!

DaTrusHurtz: lol i dunno the fuck i was thinkin, but people thought it was funny

DaTrusHurtz: haha yea

Met-A-4: so, how did text come about?

DaTrusHurtz: well, so i started foolin' around with some other shitty raps, and then eventually i came across rapbattles.com

DaTrusHurtz: i didn't take it very seriously at first, but it looked fun

DaTrusHurtz: the people that voted on my battles told me i had potential and i kept working with it

DaTrusHurtz: so i started reading shit in their lethal lyricist league, n' yea, eventually shit came together

Met-A-4: word, so they were kind of ur inspiration to keep writing?

DaTrusHurtz: yea, especially Feeble and Token, those 2 prolly inspired me a lot from there

Met-A-4: yea, their nice

Met-A-4: token was ILL

DaTrusHurtz: yea, i wish he still wrote

Met-A-4: didn't he battle at other sites to?

DaTrusHurtz: i don't know, if he did i never knew about it

DaTrusHurtz: i never really checked out any other sites until a few months ago, i've always been an RB guy

Met-A-4: really?

Met-A-4: just a few months ago?

Met-A-4: u mean you've just stayed at rp all this time??

DaTrusHurtz: i was in the rv 1-2 league awhile ago just for shits

DaTrusHurtz: but that's about it

Met-A-4: right, i understand..

Met-A-4: and, did you like the way rv was run?

DaTrusHurtz: i didn't start checkin' out shit from like b-boys until a month or so before it closed

DaTrusHurtz: i liked the way it was run, but i felt the talent just wasn't there

DaTrusHurtz: i felt that i was limited in my punchlines cuz i couldn't use anything complex, but this league has got some real talent in it so I don't think that would be a problem here

Met-A-4: well, i tell ya one thing..

Met-A-4: the LBL is gettin alot of the talent from b-boys

DaTrusHurtz: yea i seen that

Met-A-4: so, how do you think you'll fair out?

DaTrusHurtz: well in the LLL, i think the competition is closer and more even

DaTrusHurtz: i feel like here there's some dudes who don't belong here, but also some guys like Butler who I'm just not at their level yet

DaTrusHurtz: I felt at times I didn't get a very fair shake in the voting at RB, I want to see what other vets think of my stuff

DaTrusHurtz: no doubt I'll be competitive here tho

Met-A-4: word, your goin to need to come hard on the site

DaTrusHurtz: yea i really need dope competition or i'm just not that inspired

Met-A-4: peeps like Butler, Hens, Muff, Shake, etc.. can be very deadly with concepts and can really surprise you with shit

Met-A-4: ILL, i hope this shit gets you in the writing mode

DaTrusHurtz: yea I think it will.. i also kinda want to change my style a bit.. I have a more wordplay/funny/corny kind of style... i want to be less reliant on wordplay like some of the top heads here are

DaTrusHurtz: by reading more of them maybe that'll help me

Met-A-4: cool man

Met-A-4: looks like ur gonna try to come ur freshest, huh?

DaTrusHurtz: yea for sure.. especially since i'm unknown to anyone who's not an rb or rv head

Met-A-4: word!

Met-A-4: who are you looking at as ur biggest competition in the LBL right now?

DaTrusHurtz: from what i've seen Butler, Shake, Hens, and Mim are prolly who i'd consider the best in the league

Met-A-4: o, really?

Met-A-4: you do know Feeble is now in the league..

DaTrusHurtz: yea, i know, i'm not sure how inspired he'll be to really care about this league tho

Met-A-4: true, you are right about that

DaTrusHurtz: and i don't think the voting will be as kind to him here as it is over at rb

DaTrusHurtz: not that i don't think he's legit, he certainly is, but he won't get that benefit of the doubt as much here

Met-A-4: word. lots of people do like Feebs, ya know what i mean

DaTrusHurtz: haha yea word

Met-A-4: what about audio? have you ever considered that?

DaTrusHurtz: not really, i've recorded a couple diss tracks about my friends just to fuck around, but that's about it

DaTrusHurtz: i want to get more serious about it eventually, but not really until i feel i'm finished elevating

Met-A-4: word! not really the audio type of man.. s'cool

Met-A-4: word! i feel ya 100%

Met-A-4: lets talk about what i now refer to ur "RB Expirience" and why you left.. don't leave out any details

DaTrusHurtz: RB is my home, I've had so many great times there. Just the voting really concerns me

DaTrusHurtz: I feel like i can look at the name of who just voted on my battle, and 95 percent of the time i can predict who they voted for

DaTrusHurtz: There's some guys that are just on my dick and vote for me regardless which really i don't need, and there's some guys who just vote against me time after time and just refuse to give respect

Met-A-4: word..

Met-A-4: any names you want to drop?

DaTrusHurtz: Jay Walker, Com, Spitacular especially come to mind. Some of those guys don't vote on my battles much, but if they do I know it's a sure vote against

Met-A-4: word.. second cummin homoz

DaTrusHurtz: yea

DaTrusHurtz: that whole crew is homos minus Automatic

Met-A-4: they like, all like to get each others backs and just not on rb, naw meanz?

DaTrusHurtz: yea they prolly meet up for homo conventions or some shit

Met-A-4: lmao

DaTrusHurtz: but they run rb, at least in text, and if i cant' get respect from them, it'll be hard to ever reach the top there

Met-A-4: but true, auto's pretty straiight

Met-A-4: o, true!

DaTrusHurtz: i might elevate some more and go back sometime, who knows.. .depends on how good this league is

Met-A-4: i've noticed, if $pit's like, wow! ur dope! than thats whose goin to win the battle.. but hey, thats a win/lose situation. cause if he says it for u, ur gonna win, but if not.. ur fucked! =/

Met-A-4: word, go back and take out all of second coming!

DaTrusHurtz: haha yea i'd take all those fags out

DaTrusHurtz: yea like i was just in a battle i was up 7-5, then spit voted against me, then sure enough feeble did, then jay walker did, then some other dumbass followed their dicks and left the same feedback they did against me

DaTrusHurtz: and before i knew it i was losing

Met-A-4: oh shit!

Met-A-4: that sucks man

DaTrusHurtz: yea, i hope that doesn't happen in this league too much

Met-A-4: well, i've done my homework and saw ur follow up verse on tae, and honestly, i think u did better there for only puttin in 15 mins

DaTrusHurtz: i mean i know people will always look at how others voted and what they said before they vote themselves, but we'll see to the degree

DaTrusHurtz: that was prolly more of a 20 minute verse, but thanks lol

Met-A-4: word, i get ya fully

Met-A-4: i'm saying though, how come peeps were more pleased with that and not the other?

DaTrusHurtz: i don't know, maybe people were just bein' kinder to me cuz they didn't want to see me leave lol

Met-A-4: lol! word, who knowz

DaTrusHurtz: s'like, in my battle against vaskez over there, people were bein' kind about the verse too, then all of a sudden, i get a train of 4 people trashing my verse

Met-A-4: word, i saw that

DaTrusHurtz: you think i won that shit? you can be honest

Met-A-4: well..

Met-A-4: in an honest opinion, i saw the verses and seeing the competition in the LBL, i thought both verses were lower than expected

Met-A-4: i truly think it was more of a tie than anything else

Met-A-4: but then read the Tae verse, and was completely surprised

Met-A-4: like, it was a turn around!

DaTrusHurtz: lol yea

DaTrusHurtz: i'm kinda still playing around with different styles

Met-A-4: sorry if it upsets ta or anything, but i'm just being honest man

DaTrusHurtz: i was just really pissed in that battle against vaskez cuz a few of his personals were either fake or a bit of a stretch and he got props for them

Met-A-4: word! it's always good to try to come fresh

DaTrusHurtz: and someone like you wouldn't know that, but i would

Met-A-4: really? well, i'm not that big on followin up one people's personal unless their god to honest truth

DaTrusHurtz: yea exactly

DaTrusHurtz: i wouldn't expect people to so it's not their fault really

DaTrusHurtz: just sucks

Met-A-4: word.. maybe next time you can get a rematch

Met-A-4: elevate and slaughter vaskez

DaTrusHurtz: yea maybe

Met-A-4: lol, ill

DaTrusHurtz: we've faced 3 times and he's barely won every time lol

Met-A-4: damn! that sucks! hes one of those people that you just want to beat now, huh?

DaTrusHurtz: yea first time i half-assed and lost, i deserved it, 2nd time was by 1 vote in 1-2, then this time i really wanted it

Met-A-4: well, i have someone like that as well..

Met-A-4: lolz, but i guess we all do

DaTrusHurtz: lol yea, it's good havin' people like that tho, brings out the best in ya

Met-A-4: true, and makes u get better

Met-A-4: ok, next topic

Met-A-4: so, whats ur favorite battle? like, the best one or ur favorite one u were in.. kemp tends to ask everyone this question, so i'll sk it as well!

DaTrusHurtz: hmm, that's a tough one

Met-A-4: i know it can't be from rv, but i'm sure alot of people know about rb and whose there

DaTrusHurtz: i feel like i'm a good head, but not a great one and i've never really had a verse that pleased me that much while the other did too... my favorite was really a 1-2 battle where I beat spit awhile ago, but that's not a real battle lol

Met-A-4: word, but atleast you beat $pit and thats an accomplishment in itself.. especially to beat him on RB

DaTrusHurtz: yea, tho it's 1-2 so doesn't really count

Met-A-4: lol

Met-A-4: true, that

DaTrusHurtz: one thing that's weird is, i feel like almost every single battle i do, people say "i've seen you do better"

DaTrusHurtz: and because people say it in just about every battle, i have no idea what my best is lol

Met-A-4: lol, word

Met-A-4: aiight, now time for word association

DaTrusHurtz: aight

Met-A-4: mimesis

DaTrusHurtz: lazy

Met-A-4: butler

DaTrusHurtz: LOL

Met-A-4: rapverse

DaTrusHurtz: Growing

Met-A-4: rapbattles

DaTrusHurtz: Falling

Met-A-4: LLL

DaTrusHurtz: Competitive

Met-A-4: LBL

DaTrusHurtz: More Competitive

Met-A-4: word

Met-A-4: Vaskez

DaTrusHurtz: Fake Personals

Met-A-4: well, i think thats about all i have to say man..

DaTrusHurtz: aight, thanks for the interview man

Met-A-4: this shit was fun and what not.. o, if ya could close us out with some last word, it would be much appreciated

DaTrusHurtz: few things

Met-A-4: cool, shoot..

DaTrusHurtz: 1) I see Marcus Aurelius signed into the league.. that fag tried to cheat against me about a year ago... kid if i face you your dead

DaTrusHurtz: 2) There's a lot of talent in this league, I hope you all just take this seriously cuz no-showing kills any league

DaTrusHurtz: I've been looking around here, i've seen lots of excuses for not-showing

DaTrusHurtz: there's no excuse

DaTrusHurtz: so I hope Kempo starts gettin' harder on these people and not just lettin' them waltz back into the league

Met-A-4: word, i agree, cept' sometimes, but ur right..

Met-A-4: that it man, or anything else?

DaTrusHurtz: just remember DaTrusHurtz

Met-A-4: lol, ILL shit

DaTrusHurtz: i tell bitches that

DaTrusHurtz: aight, thanks man

Met-A-4: aiight man, shit was good. good luck and hope to see you at your best now

DaTrusHurtz: i might start slow, but when i get the dope opponents i'm gonna show up

Met-A-4: o, btw..

Met-A-4: last thing

Met-A-4: met-a-4 = untold! just to inform you !

DaTrusHurtz: hahaha

DaTrusHurt: i had no idea who you were

Met-A-4: well, i did

Met-A-4: lolz

DaTrusHurtz: well i'm still pissed about that vote, haha, i don't take it personally tho, don't worry

Met-A-4: word, well.. i'm out man! i'm gonna send it to kemp tonight so it'll get published and i swear, nothin u said or i said shall be altered, cept my spellin(if i'm not lazy =/)

DaTrusHurtz: haha aight tight man

Met-A-4: aiight man, good shitz

DaTrusHurtz: fa sure

Met-A-4: see you in the LBL and g/l

DaTrusHurtz: gl man

Met-A-4: thanx

Met-A-4: peace

DaTrusHurtz: pz
Send a message via AIM to KempoMRK Send a message via Yahoo to KempoMRK   Reply With Quote