RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-06, 06:11 PM   #1
Logic The Goonie
I can rap and stuff.

Text Record: 7-1
Audio Record: 3-2
Graphics Record: 0-0
Nas addresses LL Cool J, Carmen and Jim Jones

IP: 974D 4926

Nas and his baby's mother Carmen Bryan have aired out their dirty laundry over the radio airwaves of Chicago.

The rapper, who is promoting his upcoming Def Jam album "Hip Hop Is Dead," visited the "Trey the Chocolate Jock Morning Jump-off" show on Chicago's Power 92 and was asked about various allegations Bryan has made in her new tell-all book, "It's No Secret."

Co-host Kendra G. asked Nas if it was true that he once punched Carmen in the face with a closed fist. According to Kendra, Nas quickly said that he wasn't going to defend himself against the book "because this is the type of person who is after only God knows what," Kendra recounted. Nas also told the audience that he had no plans to read the book.

The Def Jam artist added that he doesn't speak to Bryan, even when it's concerning his daughter. On those occasions, "everything goes through an assistant" Kendra quotes him as saying. He also said that he never sees Bryan, even when he comes to pick up his child from her house.

Later, Bryan called into the show to refute Nas' remarks. According to Carmen, she speaks often with Nas, and had last talked to him the day before the radio show. She also said that Nas not only read the book, but helped her to outline the chapters.

As for the part in the book about Nas not wanting to date Beyonce because of her breath, Carmen says it was Nas who told her it should be added to the book.

Listen to the mess here:

o Nas refuses to defend allegations in the book:http://www.eurweb.com/media/soundbytes/nas1.mp3

o Nas does not speak to Carmen:http://www.eurweb.com/media/soundbytes/nas2.mp3

o Carmen says Nas is a liar: http://www.eurweb.com/media/soundbytes/carmen.mp3

*Meanwhile, Nas is interviewed in the new December/January issue of Complex magazine, which hits newsstands on Dec. 12.

Before signing to Def Jam, the rapper was offered a president's job at Atlantic Records which would have made him Jim Jones' boss. When asked about this, he responds: "I'm still his boss [laughs]. I am above him. Who's not above Jim Jones? I don't know any of his records and I'm not even being funny. Like I know he's got a record called Ballin. I hope it sells some records, but I swear to you I've never heard it."

When asked why he decided not to accept the president's position, he says, "Artists are fu***** crazy and they'd want to blame me for s***. I can't deal with that right now."

Following are more highlights from the Nas interview in the December/January issue of Complex:

o On Def Jam artists complaining about lack of label support…

The music should be enough, and sometimes things slip through the cracks. But people getting mad at Jay is corny. Especially someone like LL Cool J. He's too old of an O.G. to be mad at Jay. He's been at Def Jam since we were kids dreaming about being on Def Jam. We gotta get off this bull**** 'cause I never remember those artists talking about any white executives. That's some slavery s***. If my record comes out and goes wood, I can't blame Jay because it's my doing."

o On why he has not been as business savvy as some of his counterparts…

"You gotta realize that all rappers complain about their careers, but you ain't heard Nas complain about his career [laughs]. You don't get here just fu***** around. If Snoop Dogg makes a Snoop hot-dog then Nas gotta make one? If I decide I want to do movies or clothes I'll do them. None of this s*** is rocket science."

o When asked of other's success, he responds, "I want to see 50 own the Empire State Building and Jay own fu***** 12 basketball teams. I don't have an issue with anybody that's in a position of growth. It's only when they're cooning that I get embarrassed. Some of these niggas are buffoons. Muthaf****** are buying You Tube and we're renting yachts that they own, talking about, 'That ni**a's shining, and I'm not.' We've got to really think about the big picture, dude."

o On his remaining time in hip-hop…

"If you look at these ni**as that love hip-hop, they're broke or they're frustrated artists. I'm trying to learn from B.B. King. I'm going to be rapping when I'm 80."

---------

LMFAO @ what he said about Jim Jones though.

Track of the week:
Keith Murray - Nobody Do It Better
I rocked bells with L, SON!

Old 12-08-06, 11:31 AM   #2
WhoAmI
WhoAreYou?

IP: A181 D033

lol @ him still bein jim jones' boss without bein president lool
Old 12-10-06, 10:43 PM   #3
M Eazy
Put Yo Money On Me

IP: 97A1 4BD2

Honestly, Nas is a humble dude...reading this made me respect him...i like that. Dude is real with his..He need to address Jeezy
Old 12-11-06, 12:07 AM   #4
Cola
Pushin it....

Text Record: 6-1
Audio Record: 1-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
IP: 279C 786E

Jim Jones=Dick Sucker

Destroyin Tricks on the Daily