RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Lyricist Lounge
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-07, 03:03 PM   #1
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

Text Record: 0-0
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
"Venting" on track not necessarily a good thing?

IP: 47F3 E0A2

I've been reading up on anger, temperaments, and anger management. There is a theory that says venting anger isn't necessarily any healthier than bottling it up. Normally, people will say to find creative ways to "vent" the anger. But, some experts suggest that reliving or dredging up anger to "vent" it has harmful emotional/physiological effects. What some experts recommend is to find creative outlets to basically FORGET the anger and release it rather than express it in the form of venting.

Sounds like semantics...but I def. understand what they mean

Ok...I'm bored...

nuff said

Send a message via AIM to Tha .Q   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-07, 03:10 PM   #2
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Audio Record: 3-0
IP: 3240 794D

It's natural to be angry. Unless of course you don't have a prefrense for how things should be. If you do prefer shit to be a certain way "forgetting it" seems alot more unhealthy. Forgetting about how you feel is repression, venting is alot healthier imo.
Old 06-19-07, 03:18 PM   #3
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP: 47F3 E0A2

^^Yea...I tend to agree...But, they're saying venting anger can actually cause u to experience more of the negative physiological effects of the original source of the anger...

Doing something unrelated to the source of the anger to "release it" is what they recommend...

I can agree with both sides tho...

Old 06-19-07, 07:03 PM   #4
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

IP: 3AD5 555C

how the fuck can you possibly "forget it"??? if for example your father ditched you since you were an infant and your mother was an alcohaulic bitch that beat you day in and day out while you got bullied and picked on by everybody at school including your teachers and never given any breaks in life how can you just forget to be angry bout it and act like everythings ok??
Old 06-19-07, 07:10 PM   #5
Indeph
Not_Indeph

By giving their life to jesus christ.

Old 06-19-07, 07:13 PM   #6
LiL Murda
New to RV

IP: 3776 31BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Trash
how the fuck can you possibly "forget it"??? if for example your father ditched you since you were an infant and your mother was an alcohaulic bitch that beat you day in and day out while you got bullied and picked on by everybody at school including your teachers and never given any breaks in life how can you just forget to be angry bout it and act like everythings ok??

fuck u kno about shit like dat, only happen to black folk, ya white ni99as dont kno bout struggle, thas why ya'll cant rap, so stop actin like u kno homie

"Slick as I wanna be born to be hustla gon be rich till I'm gone
Gonna keep spittin this shit fo the hustlaz"
Old 06-19-07, 07:14 PM   #7
Indeph
Not_Indeph

Rofllll l
Old 06-19-07, 07:19 PM   #8
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiL Murda
fuck u kno about shit like dat, only happen to black folk, ya white ni99as dont kno bout struggle, thas why ya'll cant rap, so stop actin like u kno homie

LMFAO!!! yea i got a perfect life cuz im white..lmao
Old 06-19-07, 07:20 PM   #9
Dufflebag Boy
why so serious!!??

btw deph GET ONLINE
Old 06-19-07, 10:35 PM   #10
Terumoto
I have a lot to learn...

Text Record: 44-10
IP: 80D6 7866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha .Q
I've been reading up on anger, temperaments, and anger management. There is a theory that says venting anger isn't necessarily any healthier than bottling it up. Normally, people will say to find creative ways to "vent" the anger. But, some experts suggest that reliving or dredging up anger to "vent" it has harmful emotional/physiological effects. What some experts recommend is to find creative outlets to basically FORGET the anger and release it rather than express it in the form of venting.

Sounds like semantics...but I def. understand what they mean

Ok...I'm bored...
nuff said

Why is it so hard to forget about anger? I think the actual method of doing that is what confuses people, since you can't just forget about your feelings at whim. It is not so much forgetting your anger, it's more like evaporating it or taming it.

Try this, and tell me how you go. Think of a person that you dislike, somebody that always causes you grief and pisses you off for whatever reason, think about all the things that they have done to you to make you angry and feel that you are indeed angry with that person. Now try to understand that person. For example, say someone you trusted lied to you and deceived you in some way. You would of course be angry with that person, but think about it and understand them and there is no need to be angry. "They had their reasons to lie to me. It is sad for them that for whatever reason they had to lie, I feel a bit sorry for them, actually... Now they have to live with the guilt of lying (make sure you don't think this in a vengeful way, because that is not the meaning of something like this, just think about it without bias), and if they don't feel any guilt that is even worse. I feel very sorry for a person who cares so little about others, he is causing himself to suffer and doesn't even know any better. In feeling sympathy for this person, I want to help them. What can I do for this person?"

The thing that you can do is forgive them. Then your negative feelings of anger and hatred are completely gone, and all that's left is contentment, love and forgiveness. All very pleasant emotions. You will find that something like this can be applied to any situation, no matter how small or large... You just have to think about it and understand.

There is an old saying: "One who controls his anger when aroused is like a clever driver who controls a fast going carriage; the others are like those who merely hold the reins."

Of course you can be angry at times if you want. It's kind of fun lol. Just so long as you are capable of controlling it and it is just a matter of you letting your anger hang around for a while. I know when my gf cheated on me I was angry and sad for a day or two before I forgave her, just because they are pretty rare emotions and it was kind of cool to have them -_-.
Old 06-20-07, 12:12 AM   #11
Tha .Q
I'm Talented.Period.

IP: B4EB 5C31

^^^^No doubt...it's about "channeling" the anger in constructive ways more than just "venting" aimlessly...

I like ur wise saying at the end...There's one in the bible that says, "A man who controls his anger is greater than he who takes a city."

Old 06-21-07, 11:13 PM   #13
JTR
Jack The Ripper

Text Record: 10-1
IP: CC00 ABEA

^^ lmao that's gay as fuck man.
Old 06-25-07, 05:48 AM   #14
Blay'all

Audio Record: 1-1
IP: 073E 821D

its just like in poetry... the objective correlative.

you don't say what you feel or try and describe your situation necessarily as much as you use language that brings that emotion out in the reader/listener.

★ G ☆ U ★ N ☆ N ★ E ☆ R ★

Old 06-26-07, 02:59 PM   #15
Sir Smash'Alot
Middle Weight

Text Record: 3-0
Audio Record: 1-2
IP: E8A8 29BB

the point of venting is so you stop being angry... cause you can temporarily forget..

but in the end its just gonna be a weight on your shoulder till you explode.

Sir Smash'Alot aka Third Eye
Send a message via AIM to Sir Smash'Alot   Reply With Quote