RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > Fresh From The Lab > Textual Releases
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-03, 08:11 PM   #1
IM
Banned

"Brighter Future"

IP:

Intro:
I'm steady looking for an end to wars, stolen cars, and deadbeat dads at bars,
we're waliking but we have'nt made it that far,
miles ahead one day I pray for all of us to to be in the sky laughing at the sinning we used to do below the stars,
a brighter future is not but a bird's view away we just have to get away from the dark room and open the door.

Listen up....
Verse:
Little girl wise up you don't have to put ya thighs up,
wait a minute you're only 14 damn shorty ya have'nt even got ya size up.
Young minds getting corrupted by this game of players, clubs, and Bernie Macs,
you slid a pole now you think you got figures cause you got a figure but can't add or subtract.
Poverty stricken with limited education what are we raising,
kids ain't got no playgrounds in a Days Inn.
While you getting stuck in your butthole by Lucifer, Lucifer, and his cousin to buy a fluff of that white,
we pray for a brighter future but in the projects it gets tough at night.
Everybody seen the R. Kelly tape so older men get a kick out of riding pass high schools,
little girls standing like hookers at bus stops believe when caddies pull up they saying "hi" is cool.
This system created a welfare mentality that's glorified and magnified but I still can't blame Bush, Clinton, Nixon, or Reagan,
I can only blame that black man standing 6;0 ft. tall in the mirror I'm facing.
We killing our own kind for a piece of that shine it's only a matter of time,
before we wake up and it's too late for us to realize what I'm saying in this rhyme.
I can't spit verses after verses everytime I see headlights following those black hearses.
I'm furious evertime I turn on the news and see my young brothers but they can't hear my anger and curses.
So I speak to God as much as I can to deliver us from evil plus this desolate land we lurking,
sometimes I feel if I chewed on the barrel and shot my brains out my back will I still feel the hurting.
I'm prepared to see this brighter future because I got hope in my little cousin, your younger sister, and that infant that was just delivered,
by the time they get bigger they'll have the proper knowledge to overcome this cold world that make us shiver.

Chorus:
In this life of ups and downs we move from seasaws to bunjee jumping to rocking chairs,
I'm sick of satan getting our children and chopping years so I rely on God to get our mothers to stop them tears.
Today they might fight ya, tomorrow they'll probably stab ya, and next week they'll try and shoot ya,
but we've been through so much pain that I got faith in the youth to carry us to a brighter future. (3x)

... A brighter future...future...future...