RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-03, 07:54 PM   #1
Caramac
Tickle My Sloth

Text Record: 10-5
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
'Eminem More Truthful Than Bush,' Say Americans

IP: B6DE 9822

Though Eminem has been protested and labeled homophobic and misogynistic, a recent survey conducted by New York based advertising agency Euro RSCG has revealed that Americans consider his controversial lyrics more truthful than George Bush speeches.

Em's latest props are the result of a survey in which Euro RSCG, polled 1, 016 American adults on gossip and trust among other things. According to the survey, 53 percent felt that young Americans deem Em's rhymes more credible than George Bush's lectures. Only 19 percent opposed the statement while close to two-thirds of the 18- to 24 age bracket preferred Slim over Bush. Still, age didn't matter much, 55 percent between 35-44 years-old also agreed that Em's lyrical content was more believable than Bush speeches.

Meanwhile Em found himself in competition with two former presidents on VH1's 200 Greatest Pop Culture Icons list. The list, which includes actors, singers, athletes, authors, political figures and fictional characters, ranked those that have significantly affected popular culture over the years and are still relevant today. At no. 31, Slim is the highest ranked of six rappers on the list, standing one slot ahead of former president John F. Kennedy and one behind Bill Cosby. Robert Weiss, a VH1 executive who supervised the special told the Associated Press, "I really think pop culture is a moving target, and this list is very much about now in 2003. If we did a list next year, I think there'd be some changes to the list."

Other Hip-Hop artists on the list include Queen Latifah at no.199, Tupac Shakur, who surprisingly ranked low at no.174, Will Smith at no.100, Run DMC at no.71 and P. Diddy at no.35.

In other news, Eminem's next step might be in a WWE ring. However, don't expect to see Slim in a cage match. Em and WWE owner Vince McMahon have been talking about a forthcoming live performance on Monday Night RAW. According to ImpactWrestling.com, Em was recently on MuchMusic saying that though no date had been set he was looking forward to a RAW appearance.
Send a message via AIM to Caramac   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-03, 11:13 PM   #2
J.K.O
EVERYBODY HATES ME

Text Record: 16-7
IP: 071B C042

its all true bush lys to much about wat hes gonna do and stuff its bull shit
Old 07-24-03, 11:52 PM   #3
Johnny 6-feet

Text Record: 0-1
IP: A9F4 5CAA

this is a fucking idiotic article. EVERYONE KNOWS YOU CANT TRUST A POLITCIAN!!!! so a popular artist is considered more truthful? thats because he expressing HIMSELF and not saying what best for the COUNTRY to hear.

i want the person who orginally wrote this hunted down and shot.
Old 07-25-03, 12:19 AM   #4
G.Hod
AI

IP: 87B0 7F3F

so do I. . A foolish comparison by a group looking to "expose" our President as if it was a new, fresh idea.

Last edited by G. Hod : 07-25-03 at 02:50 PM.
Send a message via AIM to G.Hod   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-03, 06:23 AM   #5
RythmicTendicies

IP: 92EE 1D4D

Any Rapper (excluding Murda INC), Is MOre Truthful Than Bush + Blair For THat Matter!
Old 07-25-03, 07:00 AM   #6
Jedi Soul

IP: 7A09 6135

dont forget that people are fucking stupid. before they was all "ban eminem" and in australia's case, "dont let him into the nation". now they are all "hail eminem the preacher!"
Old 07-25-03, 07:02 AM   #7
RythmicTendicies

IP: 92EE 1D4D

^lol, word^
Old 07-26-03, 12:09 PM   #8
Bigmac