RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-03, 02:28 PM   #1
Ricochet.
BANNED

Text Record: 32-10
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
Freestyling????

IP: 34BF DD77

How can you tell if some1 is freestyling?... 2 many times i hear some1 like the diplomats.... nas.. any1! say theyre "freestylin" and 2 days later i hear the same shit on a written record

how can you tell whether its real or pre written... and who are the best REAL freestylers?
Send a message via AIM to Ricochet.   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-03, 04:13 PM   #2
Mad Spasm

Text Record: 0-1
IP: CB94 6ED7

u cant bcause ppl r gay
Old 08-31-03, 09:16 PM   #3
biglou323

IP: 690B 80D9

I think the only way of seeing someone freestyle is at rapbattles where they dont know what there opponent is, also when they counter there opponents verse thats the real shit... Otherwise I know what ya mean.
Old 08-31-03, 11:01 PM   #4
G. Buttersworth
Yeah Keep Biting.

IP: 4C5A 3AE0

nah you can tell.. when either they repeat the same bar, more than once...

or when they have mad fillers.

most fake freestyles are too structured... like they have gimics in they're bars. lloyd banks does this alot. like you can tell.. when these dudes spit they're bars, you can tell by the way they spit it, that they spit the same verse before.

<center>G. Buttersworthâ„¢</center>

G.I. JOE
Send a message via AIM to G. Buttersworth Send a message via Yahoo to G. Buttersworth   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-03, 12:33 AM   #5
DeadlySilence

IP: 51E4 E42F

You can basically tell if someone freestlyin if they look like they thinkin. If they head down and shit like that they are freestylin. If they are just looking at the crowd and enjoying themselves with an ease like they aleady knows this then it it fake, prewrittin, or bitten shit.
Old 09-01-03, 01:05 AM   #6
INsanity
Light Weight

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 9490 C0F9

yeah or you can fuckin look and see if anyone in they crew is mouthin the words along with them. can remember who it was was in the booth with bigg tigger and this cat was "freestylin" and tyou could fully see the other man from his crew mouthin the words along wit him. i have to say that is so fuckin whack. and yeah pretty much you can tell by the facial expression on some ones face if they really free-ing or not.
Old 09-01-03, 12:45 PM   #7
2hOt4tV

IP: 10B2 203E

CUz of the sound of the Song [i think] but when u see a nigga sayin a lot like [oh uhu, huh,what what] most of times is freestylin'
Old 09-01-03, 09:48 PM   #8
C-Section

IP: 872B E5DF

its easy to tell if someone is freestyling. if someone is perfect on flow and they use huge words and still flow perfectly. its probabley pre written, even with small words you will go off flow sometimes.
Old 09-02-03, 07:15 AM   #9
wogzta

IP: 232A 23D6

u can pretty much tell by how they look...theres no way a human being can spit sumthing from the top of their head and be enjoyin themselves....its human nature to panic and go off flow and keep a strained face under pressure...if there spit is perfect in every aspect except PERSONAL insults towards the opponent, then u know its pre written cos its all great except for the fact that when they wrote it they didnt know who they were battling
Old 09-02-03, 07:33 AM   #10
Ruttah

IP: 6F9E F23B

It depends, some people freestyle but every now and then slipp in a few pre-written lines and then carry on with the freestyle. I've found it easier to do this when actually on the mic than freestyle all of it. It helps to start with a pre-written two lines to see if your flow suits the beat and then freestyle. This helps your overall perfromance cos it gives the rapper a bit of confidencecos the scariest bit on stage is just before you spit, your head sometimes goes balnk, so if you kick a pre-written first two lines, that "frightened that you'll fail feeling goes" and then ideas and fresh shit just pops up ready for you to spit. If any one agrees with this just say, cos it's good advice for people who wanna get on stage.

You can also see if someone is freestyleing because if their battling and come out with a sick verse, straight from the top of their head, after their 8 or 16 bars or 30 seconds or however long they have to spit, you can see the amazement of how they thought o that line.....you can also tell because freestyle verses are useually less complex than pre-writtenz.....exept for people with ahuge vocab EG/ Keith Murray,Biggie etc

Hit this up with what ya think on my advice and views
Old 09-02-03, 08:10 AM   #11
Nefarious

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 2EAA 968B

i'm not sure if i can tell unless i see they're doin it right in front of me...then i see if they use any of the surroundings as their word play....nah mean?
Send a message via AIM to Nefarious   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-03, 12:53 AM   #12
SyScoL
BANNED

Text Record: 2-0
IP: 36FD BAD5

if they stutter and shit a bit probably......and give them a pic of sumone theve never seen.....so they can think it on the spot
Old 09-03-03, 06:26 PM   #13
AB/CD

IP: 77D9 6DF9

nobody really freestyles, everything was on their mind already or they had it written, either way im the only rapper that can freestyle so fuck yall niggaz
Old 09-04-03, 07:31 AM   #14
wogzta

IP: E04C C86D

^ if u werent so dumb id shoot u right now, but u make me laugh...nice job
Old 09-04-03, 03:26 PM   #15
MR. LEGEND

IP: B944 C9DF

I agree with all of the above. None of the established artists freestyle anymore. It's risky, If they are like me sometimes it's hot and sometimes it's not. So why risk it? A lot of people think freestyling is a judge of the talent, but it is actually a talent in it's self. For someone to make up a rap song THAT MAKES SENSE 5 RHYMES totally spontaneous, is talent. To actually add styles and punches like Mos Def is fucking amazing!

Did anyone catch him and wordsworth standing on the ledge going back and forth? that shit was amazing. And they stayed on subject.

I throw written shit in my freestyle to get me started to. Whenever I go blank, I just spit something pre written to start it back up. I got a bunch of songs where I just freestyled the whole fuckin thing. (5-8mins). it wasn't top notch Legend shit bu tit was fun.