RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-03, 04:43 AM   #1
Seraphe
BANNED

Text Record: 0-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
'There's No Beef At RocaFella...' Juelz Talks Candidly About Rumors & Rift

IP: ABE5 FC72

From blazing mixtapes to making noteworthy appearances on Cam'Ron's "Oh Boy" and "Hey Ma," 19 year-old Juelz Santana has been a presence on the airwaves for the past year, quickly generating a buzz for himself. Now, barely five months after The Diplomats' debut CD, Juelz is set to release his solo debut, From Me To You. Just weeks before the album hits shelves, Juelz talks exclusively with my source about the rumored Dip Set vs Roc-A-Fella beef, biters and the dark cloud that seems to shadow the Diplomat's travels.

"I feel like a decision was made and I guess it was made for the best," Juelz told my source when asked his feelings as to why the Diplomats weren't featured on the Roc the Mic tour. But despite the Harlemite's downplaying of any tension between Camron's Diplomats and Rocafella Records, the evidence tells another tale. While newly signed Roc-A-Fella artists M.O.P rock Roc-A-Fella platinum chains and pieces, the Diplomats do not. Though Freeway and Beanie have made cameos in Cam's videos, Jay-Z still hasn't been captured next to his Harlem counterparts.

"It's no bad relationship. It's no good relationship. It's a business relationship," Juelz explained regarding the Dip Set's relationship with Jigga. "There's no beef at Roc-A-Fella. We're all making money together. It's like we can't really be beefing with each other."

Many in Hip-Hop believed they had evidence of the intra-label strife within Hova's rhyme on Beyonce's "Crazy In Love" in which Jay offers his opponents to "bring your whole set." Juelz disagrees. "It's a lot of things that's been said indirect, and I try not to feed into it because indirect talk is not even talking to me," the Harlem rapper told my source. "I'm a real ni99a man, I'm a G," Juelz confidently quipped. "Indirect talk, that sh!t is like you speaking in tongues to me. ni99a say my name."

And was Juelz taking a shot at Common when he spit over "Come Close" --the Chicago emcee's recent single? "Hell No!" assured Juelz upon being questioned about the possible diss. " I was feeling that song so much. That's why I did the sh!t over because I was like damn, I can do it in a hood way," he added. "I f#@$ with Common. He is a real good rapper man."

Wax wars aside, violence appears to be following the Diplomats wherever they seem to roam, causing many to accuse the group of being troublemakers. The Dips were involved in a highway shooting in Massachusetts this past February while on a promo tour for their debut album, Diplomatic Immunity. And this past April, crew member Freaky Zeaky was shot and another man killed in an incident in New York. "Incidents are going to happen," Juelz asserted. "It's not that we're bad people or rolling crazy, it's just that we're just rolling with real ni99as so when something goes down it looks badder."

Nonetheless Juelz is pressed to move forward and change the game. These days, he's more concerned with other rappers trying to emulate what he feels he originated. "I feel like a lot of people bit off me and I done had to change a whole lot of sh!t already," Santana told my source. However, according to Juelz, biting isn't confined to new jacks. "When you got veterans jacking your sh!t it seems like they started it."

Juelz Santana's debut LP, From Me To You featuring Cam'Ron, Jim Jones and T.I is hits stores August 19th.
Old 10-20-03, 04:54 AM   #2
HK The Great
Light Weight

Text Record: 2-2
IP: 7A5D 5894

why did u post this??
Old 10-20-03, 04:56 AM   #3
Trah Siph
Masquarading 4 U

Text Record: 13-5
IP: 6F9E F23B

he posted it cos it's news in hip-hop..............................................
Old 10-20-03, 05:28 AM   #4
Seraphe
BANNED

Text Record: 0-1
IP: ABE5 FC72

Yeah, dumb fuck. Try reading it first, its about the beef between Cam's Diplomats and RocaFella, jay z didnt put them on the roc the mic tour then in the track w. beyonce jay says an indirect diss liek. . `you crazy? bring your whole Set` - aimed at Dip Set

so stfu you moron, think before you speak.