RapVerse.com Community
 Phenom | Kingz | Dabatos | TonySelf | Tha Q | Half Breed | Tito | 7th End RV Radio  

Go Back   RapVerse.com Community > The block > Hip-Hop Talk > Hip-Hop Talk Archives
User Name
Password
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-03, 05:21 PM   #1
Baron Mynd
Banned: Spamming

Text Record: 4-1
Audio Record: 0-0
Graphics Record: 0-0
50 Cent Talking Shit About Nas..

IP: 953D F0FE

50 was questioned a couple of times by concert promoter Lionel Bea about the role rap artists should be playing considering their huge influence over kids. 50 noted that ideally its up to the parents of these kids to explain what it is they are listening to. He felt that his music was made for an adult audience but unfortunately a lot of kids were getting hold of it.

He felt that he should be consistent with what he was about as an artist and not try and play both sides of
the fence and cause confusion. He referenced Nas' hit record 'I Can'. While he admits it was a good song for kids, he felt it was a terrible song for adult hip hoppers. He felt that Nas should've made the effort to strictly market the song via avenues like Sesame Street as opposed to coming on the airwaves and causing confusion.

50 noted that Nas had built his career around making aggressive records that deal with adult subject matter. By putting out a song like 'I Can' he misled parents into thinking that Nas is for the kids and therefore its ok to listen to his albums and follow him as an artist. A quick listen to his labums would suggest otherwise.

After these parents let their guard down and allow their kids to be exposed to Nas, 50 felt Nas would come out with other records that are adult oriented. 50 raised the question of how do you go from a record like 'Made U Look' where the chorus has him shooting and gunshot ringing to a kids record like 'I Can'. 'Is he making records for kids or adults?' 50 asked. He basically felt that as an artist he should be clear as to who he is and what he's about and own up to that responsibility.

Restless Rhymes

^This is your IP bitch!
Send a message via AIM to Baron Mynd   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-03, 05:25 PM   #2
Mr.Christensen
Fuck You, I Rhyme Better

IP: 0B1F FA68

As Jay Z once said, this is out of context

Its all about the dollar, what the fuck is 50cent

Nas wants to get paid
Old 11-22-03, 05:50 PM   #3
Koalatee
See ya.

Text Record: 0-0
IP: 4577 CD9A

He's right. Good point - dude's (50) a marketing genius; look @ the publicity this got him. A simple conversation. . Smart man
Still > you.

R h y m e | V a n t a g e
Old 11-22-03, 06:00 PM   #4
MuhThugga
Middle Weight

IP: 2DF8 44D6

No, 50 Cent is a fucking idiot.....anyone with half a brain knows that teenagers are the prime target for mainstream Hip-Hop because those are the people that buy into the most.

Nas made "I Can" to give out a good message to his audience.
Send a message via AIM to MuhThugga   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-03, 06:09 PM   #5
Jack N. Bank$
Flyweight

IP: 3EC9 2F38

Quote:
Originally posted by MuhThugga
No, 50 Cent is a fucking idiot.....anyone with half a brain knows that teenagers are the prime target for mainstream Hip-Hop because those are the people that buy into the most.

Nas made "I Can" to give out a good message to his audience.

Exactly.

NwPirrelivance: peyo is the worst rapper ever
NwPirrelivance: lmao
Me: yes lol
NwPirrelivance: did you hear his audio?
Me: no..is as bad as fiori's
NwPirrelivance: worse
NwPirrelivance: i cant find it
NwPirrelivance: but its bad
Me: damn i wanted a laugh
NwPirrelivance: i could do a better audio with my text, the sound of me typing would be doper than his audio
Old 11-22-03, 06:13 PM   #6
Kost
Fern Gully

IP: ED55 7D56

i hate 'i can'

its nas' prolouge to the next chapter in his rap career: selling out

Keepin It Real Dumb

The Creation
We Dont Need A Fuckin Crew Forum!
Kost
Send a message via AIM to Kost   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-03, 08:04 PM   #7
wogzta

Text Record: 0-1
IP: 5C4B 9DFC

^ hes already past that chapter, but i hope a part 2 doesnt come any time soon

50 cent is a pretty good business man... dont u see by saying "he makes adult music" is just gonna make teenagers wanna buy his music even more? on the other hand, Nas' strategy was putting on good image for teenagers, so that parents would let their kids buy his album... i know alot of my friends parents have problems with them buying rap albums, no matter how much the kids argue...
Old 11-22-03, 08:36 PM   #8
Accelerate
Straight Savage.

IP: 8BEC CACE

I don't get alot of you sometimes??
First you guys complain about a rapper's gangsta image. Then, when somebody puts out a good message, there is negativity in that too. Somebody realizes that if kids are the future, then there is no real use of always putting out the street, negative image out. Alot of kids don't get positivity out there. Whether if it was for marketing or not "I Can" basically has one of the best messages out for kids, and yet you still criticize him on that. So what if he went from gangsta to little children? He isn't a sell out, because his last few songs I've been hearing our definately not aimed at little kids.
Old 11-22-03, 08:43 PM   #9
junio sixnine
Middle Weight

Text Record: 7-3
IP: 4CED 5148

^word

i believe that nas is a mostly positive person...and I can shows it. maybe he really did feel wut he said, i believe it. 50 will never be close to what Nas is. nas talks about what he thinks while he's writing the song, but not 50. 50 is fuckin mainstream stereotype. damn bitch.
Old 11-22-03, 08:51 PM   #10
Emotion
Middle Weight

Text Record: 19-8
IP: 5BAF 9D2E

lol....we always play that song at parties over here, well i gues were only 15 years old..................................lol.......... ...nuthing like trying to sing that song drunk............................................. nas is alot better of an artist than 50....

Whats the point of living?

The voices in my head Feat. Rule

Unlikely Alias

More Comming soon!
Old 11-22-03, 08:57 PM   #11
HaycH

IP: 1345 8619

50 aint nothing but a jelly..

"Made U Look' where the chorus has him shooting and gunshot ringing to a kids record like 'I Can'.

Most artist do this if not every. He'll never be like nas or close. At least he aint claimin to be a studio pimp.

Keep hating

Last edited by HaycH : 11-22-03 at 09:04 PM.
Old 11-22-03, 09:09 PM   #12
AJ
Help

Text Record: 7-2
IP: B0C8 5DB6

Really...who...cares...at...all? I mean rappers have been fueding forver and that is just basic fact, same thing among all artists, it is uncommon and crazy if they don't fued. Some are made for publicity and some are real. Some end in death and some end in friendships...oddly enough, but who cares, let them fight, they talk about setting examples, don't fight then, duh.
Send a message via AIM to AJ   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-03, 09:09 PM   #13
HaycH

IP: 1345 8619

"alot of my friends parents have problems with them buying rap albums, no matter how much the kids argue..."

LOL
Old 11-22-03, 09:20 PM   #14
-ElocuShun-

IP: 9B6A 1F1E

fuck that..jus coz nas brings out a couple of bright n happy song it dunt mean he "sold out"/"fell off"....he's a great influence to rap and always will be...peeps on this site diss peeps coz they wanna actually do well..wealth wise...wots wrong with that..they still do underground shit/mix tapes..jus concentrate more to appealin to every1 jus not one genre of music..lost tapes was ill...jus for a good example..ne1 who disses nas is jus either voicin a true opinion coz they dont like his music or they are followin the band wagon n copyin wot other peeps say...get ya own opinions pussies
Old 11-22-03, 09:30 PM   #15
wogzta

IP: 5C4B 9DFC

yeah it sounds funny, but alotta parents are dicks... especially the ones who think everything that isnt classical music is bad